IGNORED

Duggar Episode Tonight

xDreamerx

Who's watching? :D I have upsetting news to report: Boob has hijacked the Jinger in Sunglasses move we love so much. :|

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lol'd at Anna's homemade ice cream fail. Doesn't everybody know that fancy machines don't work as well as the ziplock method? Or am I just a hillbilly?

A small ziplock with the ice cream fixings, inside a large ziplock with the salt and ice. Shake it til you make it.

Ok, I totally understand calling 911 - but couldnt someone have gone and woken JD up, considering he was on call, and had him there immediately??? WTF!! Unless theres a rule against going into the boys room...

Sounds good creaky steel. I'm making yogurt right now, maybe some fro yo is in my future!

SPOILER ALERT!

Omg what piece of shit the Duggars are. I can't tell you how angry this episode made me.

Seriously, Jim Bob and Michelle need to grow the eff up and realize that Josie (and the other lost children) need them at home. Josie is a very fragile little girl, and she is their responsibility. "Adoption relations" or whatever the hell they were up to over there, will carry on without them I'm sure.

The look on Jana and Jill's faces were pitiful. I felt so sorry for them. But Michelle? She didn't sound very upset at all to me. When they got to the hospital Josie didn't seen to even recognize them, and she fussed a lot when Michelle took her. At that age, babies usually light up when mom and dad walk in the room.

I got so mad when Josie took her head band off and Jim Bob and Michelle immediately started putting it back on. That poor baby was in the hospital!

And on the next episode? Yeah, they are leaving her again.

Makes me sick!

It was nice to see Anna looking kind of fashionable, doing the belted shirt trend. When she said homemade ice cream I thought to myself, "Are we going to get to see the Vision Forum ice cream maker in action?!" Guess not.

How did these people not know that high fevers lead to seizures?! Especially in premature babies. They are very lucky she didn't end up with complications as a result.

Jackson said a little jewel about how the kids playing is embarrassing because they don't play, they just kind of stand there and move the bow back and forth. I love that kid.

"How much hairspray do you use?"

"Not as much as my dad uses on his head!" -

HA!

SPOILER ALERT!

Omg what piece of shit the Duggars are. I can't tell you how angry this episode made me.

Seriously, Jim Bob and Michelle need to grow the eff up and realize that Josie (and the other lost children) need them at home. Josie is a very fragile little girl, and she is their responsibility. "Adoption relations" or whatever the hell they were up to over there, will carry on without them I'm sure.

The look on Jana and Jill's faces were pitiful. I felt so sorry for them. But Michelle? She didn't sound very upset at all to me. When they got to the hospital Josie didn't seen to even recognize them, and she fussed a lot when Michelle took her. At that age, babies usually light up when mom and dad walk in the room.

I got so mad when Josie took her head band off and Jim Bob and Michelle immediately started putting it back on. That poor baby was in the hospital!

And on the next episode? Yeah, they are leaving her again.

Makes me sick!

Yes, Yes, YES! I couldn't believe how stiff Josie was with her Mom. She didn't even reach for her. And the hair band thing was infuriating. I'm watching the next episode now...first of all, the Focus on Family thing is sickening. Second, poor little lost Jordyn was shown playing with a large plastic bag, all be herself, of course. And Jinger does seem like a really decent photographer, it's a shame she'll never be able to develop that talent. (pun not intended) The rest is just them plugging their book - the producer pretty much said so.

I'm so glad they've gone back to their usual bullshit hocking. Nothing like a 30 minute commercial for focus on family and garden of the gods... love how JB had to clarify the name into something they can accept.

I'm very excited to see Jennifer join the jackson/hannie commentary. The little ones are so cute!

Which kid was born right before Joise? Was it Jordan? I feel so bad for that baby. She always looks lost...like she's wandered into another family by mistake. I don't know, it's almost like she's always among strangers.

She really needs a mom. Too damn bad Michelle is anything but.

Why would anyone leave the country with a micro-preemie who is so young still? Especially for something as silly as adoption relations. I'm sure there are other people who could speak to the govorner besides Michelle and Jimbob. Or perhaps Jimbob could go on his own.

Didn't they travel with Ma and Pa Bates? I guess leaving young babies with their siblings is a fundie thing to do.

Didn't they travel with Ma and Pa Bates? I guess leaving young babies with their siblings is a fundie thing to do.

But at least they aren't evil working moms!

I'm waitng for it to go up on Amazon so I can see Michelle's reaction. My son just had a febrile seizure last month so it'll be interesting to compare. Ugh. Poor little Josie! :(

Did anybody else catch that when Jackson was explaining who was at home staying with the little kids he said Jana was back home? I don't know if this was intentional or if it's just a little kid talking, but it got me thinking that maybe Jana wasn't living at home.

It was also incredibly weird that they did not go WAKE JD UP! You would think that another first responder there would be kind of helpful. JD also said that when he heard his pager go off he "thought the adress sounded familiar". So, it either woke him up out of a dead sleep when you are at your most clueless, or he is not at home anymore, making that adress not his actual (and maybe more familiar) address.

Oops. I drove the Idle Speculation Bus and two Duggar kids ended up moving out. I willl have to be more careful with that thing.

He said he ran down to the other end of the house when his pager went off.

I can't really snark on the way that all went down. There's no way to know when a kid is going to have a febrile seizure. They just happen and can happen to any person at any time they have a fever.

Why would JD be any more help anyway, if both of the girls in the room are ALSO first responders? The girls did the right thing by calling 911 and not waiting to wake up the menfolk.

He said he ran down to the other end of the house when his pager went off.

I can't really snark on the way that all went down. There's no way to know when a kid is going to have a febrile seizure. They just happen and can happen to any person at any time they have a fever.

Why would JD be any more help anyway, if both of the girls in the room are ALSO first responders? The girls did the right thing by calling 911 and not waiting to wake up the menfolk.

Oh, I agree completely. I don't think I was being very clear though. It just seemed that while one person was calling 911 someone else would go get him because he is another person who cares about Josie. Besides, they knew his pager would go off as a first responder and I would be freaked the hell out to hear my address on a pager and automatically assume the worst, where as I would not be as scared if someone came into my room to wake me up. They also said that they were looking at Josie for 20-30 minutes before Josie started seizing and calling 911, which seems like a lot of time in which they could have gotten another first responder up to see if there was anything JD could see that they could not. Maybe it is just me, but when something goes wrong I tend to want to collect as many opinions as possible, but they might have felt that it would be too many opinions. That was just my thinking, not saying they should have gotten him up because he is a manly man and they are fragile and delicate ladies, or anything. Plus, it plays into my conspiracy theory that the Duggars are lying to us.

It's actually not that uncommon for people to get scared enough in an emergency that they forget to wake up a first responder in the house. I've responded many times to an address where I know a member of our fire department lives, and they're walking into the living room bleary eyed, because they didn't wake up till the tones went off and they were like WTF that's my house.

Plus the girls have the same medical training as JD. They seem to know what they're doing, and maybe they just figured they could handle it without him.

Did anybody else catch that when Jackson was explaining who was at home staying with the little kids he said Jana was back home? I don't know if this was intentional or if it's just a little kid talking, but it got me thinking that maybe Jana wasn't living at home.

Yes, I was watching over at my sister's house and we wondered about that as well. It would explain why Jana wasn't around much last season. But if she is living away from home, I wonder where she went?

And did anybody else wonder if perhaps Michelle and Jim Bob went to El Salvador because they are interested in adopting a child themselves?

At any rate, my heart went out to Jana and Jill. They really went through the emotional wringer with Josie in the hospital. Michelle didn't seem all that concerned. If I were a mom and that had been my family, I would have felt TERRIBLE that I wasn't there for my sick baby and that my older daughters had to go through such an ordeal.

I think that was, as we say on Bravo shows, editing by the magical elves. Jana had probably just gotten back from the HOSPITAL with Josie, and now BACK home taking care of the little kids.

I'm waitng for it to go up on Amazon so I can see Michelle's reaction. My son just had a febrile seizure last month so it'll be interesting to compare. Ugh. Poor little Josie! :(

Jessica, or anyone else who has had experience with febrile seizures: is there anything a first-responder could have done (ie. CPR, etc)? There are 3 Duggars who could have done something, but maybe they were advised to let her be until the paramedics arrived? That baffled the hell out of me. And made me absolutely LIVID. They are so cavalier about Josie's still fragile health. She was still on O2 at the time (I believe this was early-ish April; the Bateses posted about the trip on their blog, but I'm too lazy to look up the exact dates).

But hey, she can hold a bottle and toddle with assistance, so that means she's okay in Duggarland.

If y'all hadn't figured it out by now, these people make me ill.

PS: Oh, we're on the wrong floor with all the SUITES! What poor editing; FotF most assuredly paid for the SUITES they were shown staying in. The bedroom was in another room; it's not a five-star suite, but it's a suite nonetheless. They can't even argue semantics on that one.

Dumbasses.

PS: My husband's back was turned when he got his first taste of the Duggar Orchestra. He begged the TV to "make it stop" and replied "NO SHIT!" (he's not a guy who swears...he leaves that to me :angelic-green: ). It's the first time he's been riled up enough by these people to shout at the TV like I do during every show. Especially when they totally white-washed the FotF appearance; go to their website, if you can stomach it, and watch what they really said in addition to that sugary sweet sentence or two they showed. It was the "militant" version of their stump speech.

I feel for those kids; in the real world, Princess Jessa (Gretchen Weiners) would just be considered a "home-schooled jungle freak" (Cady Heron). I'm a couple years older than Boob, but I'd love to dye my hair green or pink and show up (wearing a hip frumper) at one of their events just to freak them out.

Jessica, or anyone else who has had experience with febrile seizures: is there anything a first-responder could have done (ie. CPR, etc)? There are 3 Duggars who could have done something, but maybe they were advised to let her be until the paramedics arrived? That baffled the hell out of me. And made me absolutely LIVID. They are so cavalier about Josie's still fragile health. She was still on O2 at the time (I believe this was early-ish April; the Bateses posted about the trip on their blog, but I'm too lazy to look up the exact dates).

When I called 911 and they said not to move him other than to put him on his side so if he threw up he wouldn't choke (he had drool bubbling out of his mouth). When the EMTs got there they gave him some fever reducer and put an oxygen mask on him. From there, based on how they react to the mask they will either just let you stay home or take you to the ER (this is what we did... basically they shouldfight against the mask but my son just laid there and didn't react to it). Anyway, that's for a full term (9 days late!) perfectly healthy baby, not a premie so I don't know what the routine is for premies.

Archived