IGNORED

double mastectomy drives MRA nuts

merrily

One thing that people do not understand is that you get your genetic makeup from both sides (Mom and Dad). We are now entering the third generation of women who are now talking about Women related cancer. So instead of saying Aunt Millie died from a women issue we are now talking about the actually cause of her death, we have come a long way. Thank you Betty Ford :D So everyone please talk to both sides about early death of female relatives, it might save your life. FYI breeding will not reduce your chances of breast cancer, it is genetic and enviromental.

Breeding will reduce your risk somewhat of getting non-genetic breast cancer. The majority of breast cancer is the non-genetic type. I believe it's 80%of breast cancer is not genetic, 20% is genetic.

As several of us have said, breast cancer is not confined to women. Men get breast cancer, and it's almost always the genetic type, no matter what their age. So if you have males in your family who had breast cancer this could indicate a genetic predisposition. Men have a higher death rate than women, even when they have the same type and stage.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah's Daughter has a similar post. Lori Alexander comments on it and suggests that Angelina could have gotten similar results by eating vegetables. No, I'm not kidding. Go to the Sarah's Daughter blog to check it out.

I went. I read. I deeply regret having done so. What a pack of ignorant bucking fitches!

I am also getting really annoyed with people equating radical bilateral mastectomy (combined with reconstructive surgery) with getting breast implants. One of these is not like the other.

Comparing it with a breast lift and reduction, maybe. Not quite the same but it still involves large incisions. You can get it covered by Medicare in Australia in some cases.

Getting breast implants is usually day surgery. 5 stitches under your arm or under your nipple. It will still hurt a lot and you aren't supposed to lift anything afterwards. But it's just about the least invasive cosmetic procedure.

Kundalinimama and mightymama. Kundalini/Jessica was where I realised Mothering wasn't benignly negligent but full-on toxic. I got a severe warning after posting to her - a very carefully crunchy appeal to her mothering instincts to have the goddam lumpectomy. Then I realised maybe there were other sane people and they were being censored too. Hopefully, anyway.

That would be the sisters, yep. Wasn't sure if I should say their names or not. I wasn't around/didn't read anything about Jessica until after she'd died and a lot of people were very angry at her. Then I heard about mighty-mama discovering cancer again just having her baby. It was a huge shock how quickly she was gone.

The mod'ing isn't like that anymore, btw. Most of the older, regular members left before it got better, though.

Archived