IGNORED

No African Black American fundys?

oil

I read a lot of the blogs and see pictures of the fundy familys, but Im not ever seeing the African American people. Is fundy style not their beliefs generally? Is there a racism feeling so they dont want to join the ATI? Any ideas about this?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vodie Bachman

The only one that comes to mind of fundie royalty is Voddie Baucham but there are more faux jew black fundies I've noticed. I don't think a lot of black people (coming from a black person myself) would fall for the fundie bs because a lot of black families I've met and have known have strong mothers and beliefs more so than others. From my interactions and growing up the mother is seen as the backbone and strength of the family not someone who is submissive.

Beat me to it. I'll add Kevin Moore, who, with Randy Wilson, created a large purity ball in Colorado and a documentary was made about it.

There's that family where the blog is written by the older teen daughter. She wears very old fashioned clothes and they practically live off the grid, on a farm, with the mom making everything from scratch. She likes taking pictures. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

There's that family where the blog is written by the older teen daughter. She wears very old fashioned clothes and they practically live off the grid, on a farm, with the mom making everything from scratch. She likes taking pictures. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

yes! Mia, her blog is aspiring homemaker. They are recreationists, i love the old fashioned clothes that she wears.

Thank you, now I have some new blogs to read. And the explanation of why probably ATI kind of fundy isnt liked by Black Americans is very interesting and I like it!

Am I recalling correctly that the woman who's home-schooling her daughter using only the 1611 KJV as a "textbook" is African-American?

The Grayson family. They are fundie lite and have connections to Voddie Bauchman. I like this family. The mother Dayna is very talented with her sewing projects. Dayna hasn't updated the blog since September

pleasantboundaries.blogspot.com/

The Grayson family. They are fundie lite and have connections to Voddie Bauchman. I like this family. The mother Dayna is very talented with her sewing projects. Dayna hasn't updated the blog since September

pleasantboundaries.blogspot.com/

Dayna's family seems almost normal her daughters are wearing defrauding short shorts when they are washing the car. If I didn't know they were connected to Voddie I would assume they're a normal family.

It also depends on how you define "fundie".

Many African-Americans are members of evangelical churches.

That said, many are less likely to:

- have fantasies about how wonderful life was in Victorian times, or before the Civil War

- want to be part of any group that says that slavery wasn't so bad (ie. Vision Forum)

Due to segregation, many Black churches evolved separately. They were certainly very religious, but the message and focus were often on different. They supported civil rights, for example, instead of supporting racist governments.

Am I recalling correctly that the woman who's home-schooling her daughter using only the 1611 KJV as a "textbook" is African-American?

I also thought of her, but I can't for the life of me remember her name or her blog's name. She was really strange.

I also thought of her, but I can't for the life of me remember her name or her blog's name. She was really strange.

I think her daughter's name I recall was Emma.

jesus-is-lord.com

For some reason the name "Tracy" is ringing a bell? And yeah, her blog is seriously odd.

Dayna's family seems almost normal her daughters are wearing defrauding short shorts when they are washing the car. If I didn't know they were connected to Voddie I would assume they're a normal family.

I looked at this and so far I dont see any African family like the Duggars, Maxwells, Bates...the ones who have lots of Quiverful kids and who wear the "frumpers". I was thinking may be there is a racism feeling against them, so thats why I was curious. I know that there are a lot of many African churches in the US with religious faithful christians, but they are not "waaayy out there" like the Duggars.

And BLP people say slavery was not so bad?? OMG!

I think it is somewhere in the older postings that mentions their connections to Voddie. Someone else on FJ mentioned this blog a couple of years ago. I started following them after that. Dayna has never had any crazy postings like Zsu or Lori. She has made it clear that they are against abortion and based on some of the things she has on the blog, I get the feeling that she and her hubby got pregnant unexpectedly with the oldest child as a teenagers. The husband has a job in the restaurant industry and he has a college degree. They moved from Pennsylvania to Texas a few years ago. I also get the feeling that they stopped at 5 kids for financial reasons.

yes! Mia, her blog is aspiring homemaker. They are recreationists, i love the old fashioned clothes that she wears.

What a romantic blog. Such a beautiful cottage they've created.... And the food! If I were a fundy dude, I'd snatch her up in a second.

What a romantic blog. Such a beautiful cottage they've created.... And the food! If I were a fundy dude, I'd snatch her up in a second.

That makes me wonder, since there do seem to be more white fundies than there are black (or Asian, Latino or other racial group) fundies: are fundies still opposed to interracial marriages? I know that back when there were laws banning interracial marriage, many churches supported those laws. Today most "mainstream" churches seem to be welcoming of interracial couples AFAIK, but what about fundie churches?

That makes me wonder, since there do seem to be more white fundies than there are black (or Asian, Latino or other racial group) fundies: are fundies still opposed to interracial marriages? I know that back when there were laws banning interracial marriage, many churches supported those laws. Today most "mainstream" churches seem to be welcoming of interracial couples AFAIK, but what about fundie churches?

I wonder if its more difficult to her to find a husband since there are not a lot of interracial fundie marriages, it would be such a shame because i think she is wonderfull.

About fundie churches welcoming them, i used to read a blog from menonites/amish where the wife was white and the husband asian, their church seemed to accept them, but who knows.

I remember a Duggar episode a couple of seasons back where they went to New York (queens or Brooklyn?) and they stayed with a black family. Don't recall the name.

Some of the Latino fundies can fit under the white category. Years ago, I came across a blog about a white Cuban family that seemed fundie lite. I remember there was six kids and they were living in California, but the kids weren't homeschooled and they were attending private Christian schools.

I think white fundies would claim to be ok with interracial marriage, but if an African American fundie boy asked Pa Duggar or Pa Keller about courting, they would find some way to make sure he never gets past the initial questioning.

Archived