IGNORED

Duggar Mother's Day Cards

ljohnson2006

Next year, let's send Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger Mother's Day cards. They're the ones who really deserve them. I bet that would send J'Chelle over the edge. You can't hide the truth. And of course Grandma Duggar and Anna would get one too. Grandma is more of a mother to her grandkids than J'Chelle is. That's sad.

roflbot.jpg

So true, I noticed that poor Jordyn's hair is unbrushed yet again. She seems to be the least caring of buddies.

So unfair to both Jessa & Jordyn. No one should have to be a buddy if they don't want to and no one should be cared for by a buddy who doesn't really like them.

So true, I noticed that poor Jordyn's hair is unbrushed yet again. She seems to be the least caring of buddies.

To be fair, my kid was absolutely horrific when it came to hair brushing time. It was screaming, kicking, and annoyance. Even now that she doesn't do that, her hair is so fine that even after 5 minutes after brushing it looks like she's gone through a tornado. Her hair is so unruly and impossible. I always feel like people are judging me because of how bad my kid's hair can be.

Shouldn't we send some cards to Joy too?

They could say "I'm sorry your family trapped you in the laundry room."

To be fair, my kid was absolutely horrific when it came to hair brushing time. It was screaming, kicking, and annoyance. Even now that she doesn't do that, her hair is so fine that even after 5 minutes after brushing it looks like she's gone through a tornado. Her hair is so unruly and impossible. I always feel like people are judging me because of how bad my kid's hair can be.

It's more of a comparison of the nature of the buddy relationships than it was commentary on anyone's unruly hair. There's a bigger picture here.

I don't blame Jessa in the slightest for not being an adoring Jessa Buddy. Many women are not the maternal type, and Jessa had no say in her motherhood status. She was 16 years old when she was given Jordyn to raise, and babies/little kids don't appear to be her thing. That sucks for Jessa and it sucks for Jordyn. And Michelle and her Wonderful Husband keep telling us they're working on number 20, even if it comes down to the Lord laying it on their hearts to adopt.

So watch out Jinger, if the parental units do get a number 20, you're up next. And Joy is probably on deck, unless the Cinderella of Laundry gets a pass because she's too busy sorting socks.

It's more of a comparison of the nature of the buddy relationships than it was commentary on anyone's unruly hair. There's a bigger picture here.

I don't blame Jessa in the slightest for not being an adoring Jessa Buddy. Many women are not the maternal type, and Jessa had no say in her motherhood status. She was 16 years old when she was given Jordyn to raise, and babies/little kids don't appear to be her thing. That sucks for Jessa and it sucks for Jordyn. And Michelle and her Wonderful Husband keep telling us they're working on number 20, even if it comes down to the Lord laying it on their hearts to adopt.

So watch out Jinger, if the parental units do get a number 20, you're up next. And Joy is probably on deck, unless the Cinderella of Laundry gets a pass because she's too busy sorting socks.

That makes me wonder, do we know which buddies had which kids? I mean, the buddy system was mentioned in the very first Duggar special, so I wonder if we could look back and figure out who raised who.

I agree that Jessa shouldn't be required to keep it sweet while enslaved to her parents. If I had parents that wouldn't stop having kids and forced me to raise them, in addition to being forced to do all the cooking and cleaning, you couldn't blowtorch the scowl off my face. Jessa and the other older daughters are raising the younger kids at the expense of their own hopes and dreams. Jessa deserves to have a childhood and the freedoms that entail young adulthood, and Jordan deserves a caregiver that actually wants to give her the love and affection she deserves. That's not gonna happen in either case.

Although she's perceived as being princessy, I'm not sure that she owes anyone a good attitude in this situation. She and the other Duggar daughters are trapped.

Were josh, John David or Joseph ever buddies to anyone? The little boys? Or do you have to be a girl to be a buddy? At what age do you lose your buddy and have to microwave your own ramen noodles for breakfast?

They seem to be in buddy-groups-I'm not sure how they evolved, but each group has a small child, a howler or two, an older boy, and an older girl.I get the feeling the older girls are some sort of helper-buddy to one of the older boys, while the older boy in a buddy-group mentors a younger boy, unless it's a girl-thing like hair combing, or clothes packing.

There are buddy teams, but for a long time now, one of the 4 older girls has been lead buddy. This appears to be the current scheme for Jackson on down.

Jana Buddy - Jackson and Josie

Jinger Buddy - Hannie (Jinger was 11 when Hannie was born)

Jill Buddy - Jenny

Jessa Buddy - Jordyn

Happy Mothers Day girls! I feel bad for them, especially the younger two Jslaves, who dont seem to like kids very much. They should be out enjoying themselves instead of raising their mother's children.

Michelle, you suck and are a crappy mother.

from what I understand, they don't really do the buddy system exactly like that any more...jill watches the kids, jana ''cooks'' jessa teaches and jinger does laundry with mary and likely Jackson and maybe hannie are aged out of it any way.

Since people were mentioning sending the girls and grandma/Mary Duggar a card next year. I say we do something for Mary for grandparents day. Yes there is a Grandparents day it was started in the 70's and happens in September. If anyone deserves to be recognized on Grandparent's day it is her.

from what I understand, they don't really do the buddy system exactly like that any more...jill watches the kids, jana ''cooks'' jessa teaches and jinger does laundry with mary and likely Jackson and maybe hannie are aged out of it any way.

It was clear during the Asia episodes that the older daughters are still caring for their assigned youngest sisters.

Joy does the laundry now. Michelle recently said Jinger was her "lunch lady". As for the teaching, I question how much hands-on education is currently going on. The kids from Hannie on up are likely parked at a computer. Jenny would be in kindergarten, but the last two aren't of school age yet.

Johannah was probably Team Jana until Josie was born, and then got handed off to Jinger. I doubt Jinger was 11 and raising a sibling directly. Just her normal jurisdiction part of raising her siblings.

I wouldn't count on it. Weren't Jana and Jill even younger when they got their first children/buddies?

Archived