IGNORED

One of my friends has gone Quiverfull

GenerationCedarchip

[list=]

Same here!! Also thanks to everyone who liked my comment!! Does their church do nothing for mother's day & the picnic for Father's Day!

I can't speak for this guy's church but I know at the fundie church where I went growing up, the moms all got a rose on Mother's Day, but yeah, Father's Day was a big picnic. They combined Father's Day with the end of the Sunday School year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The basic power structure of the fundie relationship means that jerks can continue to act like jerks to their wives. When you think your job is to lead and your wife's job is to follow unquestioningly, stuff like this will happen. I love how fundies love to talk about how men must be great providers and leaders and so women must follow. They never answer what tools women have to defend themselves against such assholes like the OP's friend.....

Sure they do. Follow harder.

my sister and her husband arent religious at all, but one fathers day, she had her kids make these adorable handmade clock thingies..and not only did he not thank them, he bitched that they werent made right!!

:wtf:

[list=]

Same here!! Also thanks to everyone who liked my comment!! Does their church do nothing for mother's day & the picnic for Father's Day!

Of course they don't do a picnic for Mothers Day. Every day is Mother's Day right? Anyway if they did guess who'd have to arrange it and cook all the food?

Asshat

my sister and her husband arent religious at all, but one fathers day, she had her kids make these adorable handmade clock thingies..and not only did he not thank them, he bitched that they werent made right!!

:wtf:

:pink-shock:

Of course they don't do a picnic for Mothers Day. Every day is Mother's Day right? Anyway if they did guess who'd have to arrange it and cook all the food?

Agree!

• 1 month later...

how sad for that lady married to the QF man. Obviously she agrees with him but has probably found (by baby #3) that a large brood takes up a lot of time and effort. What QF families fail to realize that they are using an Old Testament scripture that back then meant, more sons= more manpower to defend your lands and possessions. People lived in communes and men had more than one wife to share the burdens of raising children and work around the place. Back then they did not have doctors as such so all births were basically home births.

Many QF secretly or subconsciously think that others not giving their womb to God are sinful and selfish. They think God will bless and provide for them extra because of how they live. They need to realize that God does not make cookie cutter Christians. God has a separate plan for each individual who comes to Him.

As a Christian, I chose not to have children. Did not want any, besides have a husband who has suffered many maladies over the years, in and out of the hospital, plus a full time career as a teacher (careers for women are also looked down on by QF). Yes and I suffered a lot of guilt over it from the things preached by QF/Gothardism. Until I finally got a hold of God and He told me he had made me the way I was. For the atheists on here, I can understand why atheism for many is an attractive choice. You do not have to worry about all the marlarky religion pushed at you. Christianity done right is not following a whole bunch of nitpicky rules but a relationship with God though the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Two simple rules- love God, then love others. Too bad, men have to add all sorts of other stuff to the mix.

how sad for that lady married to the QF man. Obviously she agrees with him but has probably found (by baby #3) that a large brood takes up a lot of time and effort. What QF families fail to realize that they are using an Old Testament scripture that back then meant, more sons= more manpower to defend your lands and possessions. People lived in communes and men had more than one wife to share the burdens of raising children and work around the place. Back then they did not have doctors as such so all births were basically home births.

Many QF secretly or subconsciously think that others not giving their womb to God are sinful and selfish. They think God will bless and provide for them extra because of how they live. They need to realize that God does not make cookie cutter Christians. God has a separate plan for each individual who comes to Him.

As a Christian, I chose not to have children. Did not want any, besides have a husband who has suffered many maladies over the years, in and out of the hospital, plus a full time career as a teacher (careers for women are also looked down on by QF). Yes and I suffered a lot of guilt over it from the things preached by QF/Gothardism. Until I finally got a hold of God and He told me he had made me the way I was. For the atheists on here, I can understand why atheism for many is an attractive choice. You do not have to worry about all the marlarky religion pushed at you. Christianity done right is not following a whole bunch of nitpicky rules but a relationship with God though the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Two simple rules- love God, then love others. Too bad, men have to add all sorts of other stuff to the mix.

Amen to this - and so glad you are free of the QF/Gothardism guilt. Gothard wasn't big in my church but QF has taken hold as have many of the other crazy bits of reformed fundie. Sometimes the guilt still sneaks up on me unawares.

I have to admit I'm still FB friends with this QF guy. I find his page morbidly fascinating. Nothing too earth-shattering lately, though. Just purposing to do various things and some vague talk of loving the responsibility and dying to self that comes with being a good headship, some blah blah about "mutual submission". etc...

Two words for all these insensitive men who are notching their bedpost each time they add a child: Andrea Yates.

Indeed...

Speaking of A. Yates, I don't know if there is anyone here like me in that I'd get so mad every time I'd see Rusty Yates (her hubby and the one who kept pressuring her to have one child after the other) yap continously to the media. During her trial (s) he was always on Larry King Live; I always hated his smug face and kept wondering why he was there on TV almost co-hosting LKL instead of being charged with some kind of negligence. :angry-banghead:

This pissed me off to no end. That, the fact that he kept obeying that crazy preacher of theirs (wasn't Rusty Y. a space engineer of sorts? should've used his critical thinking skills re: his ill wife's pregnancies instead) + the fact that he now lives a "regular" life with a new wife and kids while Andrea is stuck in a nuthouse kind of leaves me a sour taste :evil: . Yes, she's where she belongs, but...

Oh, my God. Don't even get me started on Rusty. He is more responsible for what happened to his children than Andrea is, and yet he still gets sympathy and gets to have another family just so he can probably fuck that up too. Hate that motherfucker with the fire of a million suns. We need a stabby smilie. Just sayin'.

Oh, my God. Don't even get me started on Rusty. He is more responsible for what happened to his children than Andrea is, and yet he still gets sympathy and gets to have another family just so he can probably fuck that up too. Hate that motherfucker with the fire of a million suns. We need a stabby smilie. Just sayin'.

Agree! Rusty Yates is a horrible person.

Agree! Rusty Yates is a horrible person.

QFT!

One of my old high school buddies didn't go quiverfull-she has only two kids-but she did go nearly full-on fundie. Like me she was raised Catholic and her political/social views were somewhere in the middle (I was a bit more liberal). Now she goes to an Assemblies of God church. Her likes are Focus on the Family, One Millions Moms, Sarah Palin and the political pundits Chicks on the Right. Interesting.

• 7 months later...
I just got friended by an old college friend and I have to say that the more I read his FB page, the more obvious it is he's gone QF. I have to admit it makes me sad. This guy was super-smart (finalist for a Rhodes Scholarship) and kind of moderate/mainstream Protestant when we were in school.

However, I see from his page that he is now OPC (orthodox Preby.) and he got married in 2006 but already has 7 kids! No twins in that either. He's posted a series of family photos as each new kid is born and I've noticed that he is looking a little ragged around the edges but his poor wife looks utterly worn out and you can just see despair in her eyes. And for the birth of number 6 earlier this month, he posted about how "God willing" there will be a family photo with a kid #8 someday soon.

The kicker for me is that for Mother's Day he posted about how for today he didn't make any big meal plans or buy anything because he thought the best gift for his wife would be for her to have lots of quality time with the kids as their mother. Um..he works full-time and has an hour commute, so what does he think she gets staying at home every day of the week?

Okay - I just had to share this. It's been less than a year since the last blessing and already they are expecting the next! My uterus hurts a little just thinking about it. In the photo this guy posted, he's holding up an ultrasound pic while the kids all look excited. Normally my reaction would be, "Glad you all are happy," but I can't get over how much his wife looks like she's going to cry.

Okay - I just had to share this. It's been less than a year since the last blessing and already they are expecting the next! My uterus hurts a little just thinking about it. In the photo this guy posted, he's holding up an ultrasound pic while the kids all look excited. Normally my reaction would be, "Glad you all are happy," but I can't get over how much his wife looks like she's going to cry.

That poor woman is stuck. Is there an adult social services that can be called to offer her help before she loses it and takes some of the kids out with her?

Archived