IGNORED

All things Razing Ruth

razingruth

Ruth, I'm sorry for this latest blow. Whatever you and your brother are feeling right now is fine. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to grieve or process a death. Sending you hugs and best wishes.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire your message and I admire your willingness to talk about it. You can't pray away cancer. You can't expect because you think you live a 'better' life close to some deity that that will happen. It won't. It is very scary to me that people think this and that they in some way can and will have a better chance against some random disease because of some belief. A bit like every other life event which will not visit them. Religion is just another way of head burying. Just because you don't like the way the world is or reality, it still happens.

I wish you the best. Personally I feel you have been his best creation.

Ruth/Mary my condolences, and my you both have true happiness and true joy in your lives now. I know this next little bit will be tough but remember you are both Loved. I pray your family will truly heal now. May God bless you in this time.

I had heard the news on your blog. I am sorry for the way that some of your family has treated you. I hope that you are able to find some peace and closure. *hugs*

I am sorry for your loss, Mary. I wish you and your family peace and love as you all process all of this. My sincerest wish is that your family find new strength in love and acceptance of each member for the beautiful and imperfect wonderful individuals that you are.

I am so sorry. Will your fundie brother become your mother's new headship?

Or will she go back to teaching, considering she still has several minor children to support?

So sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. And as others have said, I imagine it's the last of many losses and distances in what seems from what you've shared like a very difficult relationship, and that that must have its own set of challenges and sorrows.

All the best to you.

I wish you a lot of strength, and all the best. Take good care of yourself!

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you come to a place of peace about your complicated relationship with him.

I hope your mother and siblings are ok emotionally, and also financially - I always worry about fundie SAHMs' ability to support their families in case of this kind of situation.

I admire your message and I admire your willingness to talk about it. You can't pray away cancer. You can't expect because you think you live a 'better' life close to some deity that that will happen. It won't. It is very scary to me that people think this and that they in some way can and will have a better chance against some random disease because of some belief. A bit like every other life event which will not visit them. Religion is just another way of head burying. Just because you don't like the way the world is or reality, it still happens.

I wish you the best. Personally I feel you have been his best creation.

THIS

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with the loss of your father. Regardless of his weaknesses and "sins" he was still your father, and the loss of a parent is a deep wound. For now, take some time and grieve. We can snark on the faith healing bullshit later.

Gentle thoughts coming your way, Mary, as you deal with the loss of someone who was a significant if not easy part of your life. I hope you may be well in every way.

I'm so sorry. I don't really pray, but you'll be on my mind. Thank you for sharing. Not just this, but ... everything.

I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort and peace in the memories of your father that are good. I'm sorry about all the garbage you've had to deal with and that may be coming back to mind.

I'm sorry for your loss.

And I"m sorry that dealing with 'complicated' grief is always a challenge.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Mary. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

I'm really shocked and saddened for you Ruth! I hope you can find peace one day. I'm sure you have very mixed emotions right now, and it's ok to experience all of them!!! Many hugs!

Wishing you strength and love and all the best. Your brother sounds like a horrible person, and I'm amazed that you're still able to be so very civil and composed, despite all you've been through. You're a great example to others. Hang in there.

Archived