IGNORED

But Jesus Says not to worry about Climate Change!

Maggie Mae

Even though Carbon Dixoide levels are now at their highest in 3 million years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/11/scien ... d=all&_r=0

(Not breaking link because NY Times)

Climate-change contrarians, who have little scientific credibility but are politically influential in Washington, point out that carbon dioxide represents only a tiny fraction of the air — as of Thursday’s reading, exactly 0.04 percent. “The CO2 levels in the atmosphere are rather undramatic,†a Republican congressman from California, Dana Rohrabacher, said in a Congressional hearing several years ago.

But climate scientists reject that argument, saying it is like claiming that a tiny bit of arsenic or cobra venom cannot have much effect. Research shows that even at such low levels, carbon dioxide is potent at trapping heat near the surface of the earth.

I just keep remembering that child in Jesus Camp and his ignorant mother who quizzed him about how it "doesn't matter" because the increase in temperatures didn't sound like "a lot." Never mind that in my state, we can literally (and I don't misuse literally) see the effects.

WHY? Why are some people so ignorant?

because they think god runs the world and he would never let us kill it. or they don't care because Jesus is going to suck up all the believers and take them to heaven any time now. Plus there is the big business is great and can't really do anything wrong.

Oh & the kid on Jesus Camp was Levi, with the rat tail who met with that famous ex-gay whom I cannot remember the name of.

I found him less creepy than the witnessing-at-bowling-alley Ramona Quimby lookalike.

How can anyone think this is not the most vital problem we have? Yet my Republican sister thinks climate change is political*. I ask her if she wants to risk her great-grandchildren's lives on that. Apparently, yes. (But then she also says abortion will never be illegal so she doesn't have to vote pro-choice.)

*She whined when her daughter was shown An Inconvenient Truth in school because Biased Democrats!

This is very important to me because Im a petroleum engineer for a big oil company and even though my work is the science technical part, I know that very big issue in my company is develop to strategies for the rising greenhouse gas emissions problem (and more problems like carcinogens). I understand those christians trust in Jesus to help every thing, but this is man-made problem that may be Jesus wants man-made solution?? Im saying that if we fuck it up, why its his duty to fix it? I wish I could ask them.

How can anyone think this is not the most vital problem we have? Yet my Republican sister thinks climate change is political*. I ask her if she wants to risk her great-grandchildren's lives on that. Apparently, yes. (But then she also says abortion will never be illegal so she doesn't have to vote pro-choice.)

*She whined when her daughter was shown An Inconvenient Truth in school because Biased Democrats!

Most of these nimrods believe Jesus is coming back before they'll have great-grandchildren, hence they don't give a crap. They "know" it for a fact because of the way the world is now...completely ignorant of the fact that in every freaking era since the resurrection, some Christians were SURE He was coming back like, TOMORROW.

I try to follow the advice of my spiritual advisor...live your life as if Jesus could return tomorrow, or 5,000 years from now. In other words, TAKE CARE OF WHAT HE GAVE US.

This is very important to me because Im a petroleum engineer for a big oil company and even though my work is the science technical part, I know that very big issue in my company is develop to strategies for the rising greenhouse gas emissions problem (and more problems like carcinogens). I understand those christians trust in Jesus to help every thing, but this is man-made problem that may be Jesus wants man-made solution?? Im saying that if we fuck it up, why its his duty to fix it? I wish I could ask them.

If Jesus came back he'd probably say, "Quit jacking up the planet my dad made you nimrods!"

Well if the creator have us free will, and the ability to evolve and solve problems, become doctors and climate scientists, why shouldn't we use the gifts of intelligence to solve our problems? Isn't there something about god helping those who help themselves? Or does that only apply to unwed pregnant women?

Well if the creator have us free will, and the ability to evolve and solve problems, become doctors and climate scientists, why shouldn't we use the gifts of intelligence to solve our problems? Isn't there something about god helping those who help themselves? Or does that only apply to unwed pregnant women?

That quote's not actually in the bible, so some people have decided it doesn't apply.

However, even as a kid I knew that you had to reach out to take the hand that God was holding out to you. Like, you know, accepting that he's provided modern medical science so that you don't die of preventable causes.

Archived