IGNORED

Stinking Lousewife-Hairstyle Expert

GolightlyGrrl

Laura Wood is so completely out of touch with the country she lives in. It's like she time traveled here from a 1952 sitcom.

I love her haircut! A welcome change from the standard issue Republican helmet-head. It actually, you know, MOVES. And looks like it belongs in an actual living person with an actual personality, instead of a walking corpse with a pasted-on smile.

Seriously, don't these people have anything else to do?

Laura Wood IS a 1952 sitcom - in addition to being a vile, mean-spirited racist. Now that Lawrence Auster has shuffled off this mortal coil, she and Kidist have been engaging in a mutual leghumping fest. Feh.

The Stinking Housewife and her leghumpers are horrified by Michelle Obama's latest do.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/201 ... erdest-do/

I think Michelle's hair looks fine. But then again, I think Michelle is fierce as fuck!

It's not the best her hair has ever looked, and I'm sure even Stinking Lousewife has the occasional bad hair day. But I'm betting the FLOTUS knows how to spell "weird" and TSL does not.

I have one remaining grandparent--my maternal grandmother, who is 95.

Nana has her fun side, but she's also always been horribly judgmental of other women. Her views have moderated a bit over the years, but until about 15 years ago she would loudly proclaim that an unmarried woman (especially one living with a man), had "no status," and that the children of mixed-race couples were "sad." As a teenager, I remember her going on about how my mother never should have divorced my father--despite his philandering and cruelty--because one day, when he finally inherited the family business and had lots of money, she would be "sorry to have thrown it all away."

And picking on other women's hair or clothing choices was (and still is) part of her insanity. She picks apart every actress, every female newscaster, every woman on the street or in a restaurant, every woman in politics. Their achievements don't matter; their worth hinges on having the right kind of obsessively-tidy, "respectable," upper-class appearance that meets her approval. No matter what great edifice a woman has built with her mind or her hands or her spirit, it all comes crashing down the moment she shows up with tousled or too-long or too-short hair, or wearing clothing that favors freedom and comfort over appearing "ladylike."

Fortunately, I've always known that Nana is batshit insane. And I look at Laura Wood and I know that she's just a younger version of my Nana. Underneath all the judgment and proclamations is someone burdened by tremendous self-loathing, anxiety, and dread at one day being cast aside when she is deemed unlovely, and thus unloveable. So she relentlessly curries favor with exactly the kinds of men who are the cruelest users of women, who hate women as much as she hates herself. Getting approval from these men, plus the opiate that is her religion and its assurance of salvation, are what make a bleak and unforgiving inner life tolerable.

I don't find her writing terribly interesting; it's dull and pseudo-profound. But as a personality type--the female misogynist--she's kind of fascinating.

If the Housewife actually Thinking, she'd know that someone's appearance shouldn't be a topic for public discourse. The possible exception to this may, may be professionals in the fashion industry or people who make their living off of how much attention they can get others to pay to their clothing, hairstyles, make-up, body modifications, etc. I'm thinking of people like tattoo artists, hair and makeup artists, certain celebrities, etc. In other words, people who generally want others to comment on their appearance.

But a lawyer who's married to a politician? Why should how she chooses to style her hair (or not) be anyone's business? And why would the Thinking Housewife want to comment on it? Is the substance of Ms. Obama's ideas on childhood nutrition, exercise, urban gardening, and other causes she's championed so above the Thinking Housewife's head that she's reduced to making fun of her hair?

Is the substance of Ms. Obama's ideas on childhood nutrition, exercise, urban gardening, and other causes she's championed so above the Thinking Housewife's head that she's reduced to making fun of her hair?

Not too mention that the event those pictures are from was honoring mothers and wives of active duty military for Mother's Day. But let's focus on a hair do instead of the sacrifices those families make. Because that is what is important.

I have one remaining grandparent--my maternal grandmother, who is 95.

Nana has her fun side, but she's also always been horribly judgmental of other women. Her views have moderated a bit over the years, but until about 15 years ago she would loudly proclaim that an unmarried woman (especially one living with a man), had "no status," and that the children of mixed-race couples were "sad." As a teenager, I remember her going on about how my mother never should have divorced my father--despite his philandering and cruelty--because one day, when he finally inherited the family business and had lots of money, she would be "sorry to have thrown it all away."

And picking on other women's hair or clothing choices was (and still is) part of her insanity. She picks apart every actress, every female newscaster, every woman on the street or in a restaurant, every woman in politics. Their achievements don't matter; their worth hinges on having the right kind of obsessively-tidy, "respectable," upper-class appearance that meets her approval. No matter what great edifice a woman has built with her mind or her hands or her spirit, it all comes crashing down the moment she shows up with tousled or too-long or too-short hair, or wearing clothing that favors freedom and comfort over appearing "ladylike."

Fortunately, I've always known that Nana is batshit insane. And I look at Laura Wood and I know that she's just a younger version of my Nana. Underneath all the judgment and proclamations is someone burdened by tremendous self-loathing, anxiety, and dread at one day being cast aside when she is deemed unlovely, and thus unloveable. So she relentlessly curries favor with exactly the kinds of men who are the cruelest users of women, who hate women as much as she hates herself. Getting approval from these men, plus the opiate that is her religion and its assurance of salvation, are what make a bleak and unforgiving inner life tolerable.

I don't find her writing terribly interesting; it's dull and pseudo-profound. But as a personality type--the female misogynist--she's kind of fascinating.

I am going to take this opportunity to tell you that you profile pic scares the hell out of me. I would literally die from shock if I ever saw that face -or the horror that is the attached husband - live.

The only thing I'd be worried about with Michelle Obama's haircut is her bangs getting into her eyes. It's a perfectly fine hair cut and she looks nice.

I originally thought Jezebel's avatar was some sort of evil looking doll.

I think my favorite part is where she tries to throw shade at Lady Westmacott's "interesting" dress. Bitch please. She's British aristocracy. They invented proper. Pretty sure she is more knowledgeable about dressing properly for state functions than some random fundie from middle America. :roll:

The Stinking Lousewife is right up there with Phyllis Schafly, style-wise, with crap-tastic beehive hairdos and a tight-lipped disapproving wincing smile that lets you know how inadequate they find you.

Anyone recall how mean everyone was about

Hillary Clinton's dress and hairdo's when Bill was president??? The Republicans were downright evil about every aspect of

Hillary's appearance. I guess a certain part of the Republican party wants their first ladies medicated out the wazoo with a "pasted on smile" (as an earlier poster wrote). Pat Nixon and Betty Ford were alcoholics, probably driven to drink by the patriarchy ( I just made up that last part). I really admired Betty Ford, but she'd never be accepted in today's politcal climate. I never had any sense of Laura's Bush personality but she may have wanted it that way. I can only imagine if Michelle Obama had killed a man in a car accident in her younger days, the pundits on Fox News would never shut up about something like if it happened to a Dem.

The only thing I'd be worried about with Michelle Obama's haircut is her bangs getting into her eyes. It's a perfectly fine hair cut and she looks nice.

I originally thought Jezebel's avatar was some sort of evil looking doll.

This was my thought. I don't like hair in my own eyes and it sort of bothers me to look at other people with long fringes. I always find myself imagining what it feels like and it makes my skin crawl. My problem though so I keep my mouth shut.

I thought some of the other comments were funny. Everyone loved the floral dress which immediately sent me off to Jane Austen England, where floral prints were worn by those who were unable to afford expensive materials like silk and satin. (Pride & Prejudice = Bingley & Darcy women do not wear florals but the Bennett girls do, showing they are upper middle class rather than aristocracy.) Ok, I know, I watch and read far too much costume drama.

The criticism of Wikipedia is hlarious too. How dare they list Michelle's own personal achievements before those of her husband!!! eleventy !!! :lol: I am trying to imagine how my not-feminst entry might read;

Miggy was married to a Chemist, who worked as a medical researcher and lecturer at *** University. During his career he discovered >>> blah, blah >>>. Miggy herself was a terrible helpmeet, who, rather than staying home to care for her family, worked as a musician, composer and music teacher. Her career as a musician meant she was often not home in the evenings to prepare meals, forcing her headship to take over most of the cooking duties. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was my thought. I don't like hair in my own eyes and it sort of bothers me to look at other people with long fringes. I always find myself imagining what it feels like and it makes my skin crawl. My problem though so I keep my mouth shut.

I thought some of the other comments were funny. Everyone loved the floral dress which immediately sent me off to Jane Austen England, where floral prints were worn by those who were unable to afford expensive materials like silk and satin. (Pride & Prejudice = Bingley & Darcy women do not wear florals but the Bennett girls do, showing they are upper middle class rather than aristocracy.) Ok, I know, I watch and read far too much costume drama.

The criticism of Wikipedia is hlarious too. How dare they list Michelle's own personal achievements before those of her husband!!! eleventy !!! :lol: I am trying to imagine how my not-feminst entry might read;

Miggy was married to a Chemist, who worked as a medical researcher and lecturer at *** University. During his career he discovered >>> blah, blah >>>. Miggy herself was a terrible helpmeet, who, rather than staying home to care for her family, worked as a musician, composer and music teacher. Her career as a musician meant she was often not home in the evenings to prepare meals, forcing her headship to take over most of the cooking duties. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But Mr Miggy is a man, dear - of course he is of more interest than a mere woman. If I had the misfortune to need to look up mrs Barak Obama's details on wiki, I'd be thrilled to read about him instead. You and Michelle sound like working outside the home has made you manly and bitter, which is terribly ageing and probably explains your bad hair.

Thankyou for pointing that out rollmeover. I shall resign my job tomorrow and return home to care for my helpmeet.

Archived