IGNORED

On the road again..... (Maxwells)

Justme

One of the highlights of the trip for Sarah was when the man of an "older couple" said "it's a lovely day"..... :pink-shock:

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh. Another Sarah self-portrait with her face covered by a camera.

Mothers day comments are up, this one is not. ;)

It's up now, and in its entirety! Steve must be losing his grip. :lol:

I thought Sarah's latest post was actually pretty decent writing for a change (at least in comparison to how hers is normally). It was a nice touch for her to add in some things about how Canada was different. Yes some of the things on the list are mundane, but when going to a foreign country for the first time even mundane things do seem like a novelty. I got back on Saturday from my first ever visit to the USA, and while I was there I certainly enjoyed noting things that were new to me but would be commonplace or even boring to an American in that area, eg. everyone around me speaking with an American accent, seeing palm trees around (it was California), the money being different, using the make-your-own nut butters machines in Whole Foods, etc. etc.

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a candid picture of Anna AND with curly styled hair? I mean if it were just a candid photo, that would be out of the blue, but curly hair AND a candid?? The mind reels! They must be taking crazy pills up there in Canada, Aye?

(Photo is about halfway down the post)

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a candid picture of Anna AND with curly styled hair? I mean if it were just a candid photo, that would be out of the blue, but curly hair AND a candid?? The mind reels! They must be taking crazy pills up there in Canada, Aye?

(Photo is about halfway down the post)

This one?

She looks a little, um, tousled. In a good way.

DSC_7798.jpg

???? Has it been taken down? I'm not seeing it.

Looks like it got pulled, or I'm losing my mind. Hi Steve. :greetings-wavegreen:

Oh, Steve. You really are a mean-spirited, little man. :evil-eye:

This one?

She looks a little, um, tousled. In a good way.

DSC_7798.jpg

That's the one! And you're right- tousled is a good word. I think this is the best picture of Anna I've ever seen. She almost looks normal.

I checked earlier and didn't see it, so I figured it didn't pass......Thanks all for your loving support, though. ;)

Yeah; those things all match with Manitoba. It appears that there were a number of old-order Mennonites/Hutterites in attendance. And it seems their world did expand some on that note, with learning about new immigrants; both recent and from long ago. They weren't all in families, though; a number of them come as single young adults; often to study at university.

Now, will those experiences be forgotten not long after? That is yet to be known. I'm a little disappointed that no 30+ bachelors were mentioned......I know they exist and they're not all "losers". Yes, some are of a different race. I do wonder if that would be too out-of-comfort-zone for someone of a different race being an in-law........ ;) :cracking-up: :violin:

Still no update on the "issues" they had crossing the border? Come on already.

We haven't heard about their new product yet either, have we? This blog is slow news.

Okay, the comment was there and now it's not. Damn, Steve, that's sneaky.

Mary is really very pretty. She has a lovely fresh-faced quality to her. Is she the youngest girl?

Mary is really very pretty. She has a lovely fresh-faced quality to her. Is she the youngest girl?

Yes. I agree, very pretty.

Maybe a small electrical fire too? I don't want anybody to get hurt. But the drama would be hilarious. Then they could get stuck for a few days without power, phones & maybe in a remote camp ground next to 5 unwed college student couples who have huge amount of beer, weed & sinful rap music.

Now that would make an interesting blog post!

Of course Sarah would manage to make it boring...all about how the Lord challenged the Maxwells with privation and temptation in the wilds of Canada. But they had a fridge stocked with water, milk and fruit, so they survived.

A cavity search maybe? Maybe they all had to be patted down by ebil agents....

A.k.a Sarah finally experiences sweet, sweet fellowhip.

But really...cavity search? The Maxwells don't have cavities 'cause God is their dentist. :wink-kitty:

I thought Sarah's latest post was actually pretty decent writing for a change (at least in comparison to how hers is normally). It was a nice touch for her to add in some things about how Canada was different.

Yes. What a shame that just a few lines about her observations of the world are a vast improvement over the same-old.

Too bad the photos were so boring. Crowds in a church, crowds in a gym, crowds spending $$$ on Maxwell products. Guess which means the most to Stevus?

I'm wondering if he's still reading here. Did he actually register? Any guesses on what his user name would be????

I'm wondering if he's still reading here. Did he actually register? Any guesses on what his user name would be????

Holierthanthou, of course! Or, Somethingtothinkabout.

Blog has been updated again. As is her ( :whistle: ) wont, God allowed them to accomplish many things. They are in Fort Wayne, IN, working on two (count 'em, two) books. Could one be the piece de resistance de courtship ??

Can anyone tell me the thread about how Steve read here, and then you have to register to be able to do that? I was reading about them already(LOOOOVED the posts where 3 of ours went to spy and told him off!) and got fascinated. Just the name of the thread, or the link to it, please and thank you. :cracking-up: :violin: :dance:

I don't believe there is a thread but whenever one of us says something about their blog, sometimes Steve edits after the fact.

Here's the comment I made. It's still "awaiting moderation", so we'll see if it "passes".

Thank you, Sarah. I appreciate your heartfelt post for women like me. I am 41, I was widowed almost 5 years ago, and my late husband and I were unable to have children. I do believe it was God’s will for us, that we therefore, and now just me, are able to serve God in other ways.

Hey, here’s an idea. Why not write your next book on getting older and being single? I’m sure many of us would appreciate it. The nursing home you visit often may have women there who were never-married, or widowed for a significant period of time with no children. Just a thought. Pray about it, and I will pray for you as well.

Holy cow. I will never have such a huge set of ballz :lol:

Still no update on the "issues" they had crossing the border? Come on already.

We haven't heard about their new product yet either, have we? This blog is slow news.

The long-awaited "amazing story of the lost passport and how it was found" has been posted - yea verily, the Lord has once again personally intervened on behalf of the Maxwells.

Here's hoping the uniformed border agent was a major hunk. And single.

We were grateful for the kindness of the one man who followed us to inform us and the border agent who, far above and beyond the call of duty, came after us to return the passport. Border agents have a pretty thankless job, but we are grateful for the job they do and amazed at the professionalism of the squad at Pembina.

Oof. Don't let Zsu and Steve Anderson hear you talking that way, Maxwells.

The long-awaited "amazing story of the lost passport and how it was found" has been posted - yea verily, the Lord has once again personally intervened on behalf of the Maxwells.

Here's hoping the uniformed border agent was a major hunk. And single.

I'm wondering why the Lord didn't tell Steve to count the passports before they drove off?

Archived