IGNORED

Lead Singer Xtian Metal Band Arrested for Hiring Hit Man

tropaka

....to kill his wife

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2013/05/08 ... kill-wife/

The lead singer of Grammy-nominated Christian heavy metal band As I Lay Dying was arrested Tuesday in Southern California as authorities said he tried to hire an undercover detective to kill his estranged wife.

Tim Lambesis, 32, was arrested at a retail business in Oceanside, the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department said in a statement.

The statement said detectives received information Thursday that Lambesis had solicited someone to kill his wife, who lives in nearby Encinitas. A task force from several law enforcement agencies quickly launched an investigation that led to the arrest.

The department would give no further details on the investigation.

As I Lay Dying formed in San Diego in 2000 and has released six albums including 2007′s An Ocean Between Us, which reached No. 8 on Billboard’s charts. A track from the album was nominated for a Grammy for top metal performance.

It was not clear whether Lambesis had hired an attorney, and a phone message seeking comment left at a number listed in his name was not immediately returned.

According to its website, the band is scheduled to tour the country with several other metal acts starting later this month.

Never heard of these folks, although I see from wiki that this guy and his wife have adopted two children from Ethiopia and that they're separated (obviously?)

Christian heavy metal? I can picture him on stage screaming old testament passages...

♪For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains♪

Christian heavy metal? I can picture him on stage screaming old testament passages...

♪For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains♪

More like uplifting christian messages delivered with screamo. The Xtian music industry is a weird, weird place.

That being said, utterly horrifying that someone would do such a thing.

More like uplifting christian messages delivered with screamo. The Xtian music industry is a weird, weird place.

Weird, weird, place indeed. I have some family that's been involved with more traditional Christian music and I also have some family that's been involved with heavy metal. I want to laugh thinking of them all trying to make music together.

Haha the main singer in my old church's worship band loved screamo, it was interesting. The town was actually a hub for Christian music in the UK so yeah, I can confirm that the Christian music industry is......strange. I'm actually listening to some for old times' sake tonight and yeah, weird. Happy memories, but weird. Some is of a secular standard but an awful lot really is not.

Well, divorce would have been un-Christian, see?

More truth than fiction in that. I can think of two similar murders in my region for that very thing. (One, the minister killed his wife, then a few months later, he and his secretary killed her husband.. both ended up in prison I think. More recently, a local minister killed his lover's husband (with her help, I think), but they didn't manage to get his wife offed before it began to unwind.)

Archived