IGNORED

I don't think I took the time to brag/show off what I made

dawbs

FTR, I cheated.

I bought the smocked fabric and just had to sew it into a tube, add (ribbon) straps, and hem (and the part I cut off was what I used to make the child's crayon-bandolier)...but this was the kiddo's easter dress:

IMG_20130331_184227_661.jpg

I was glad I made the straps 'convertible' because apparently she only wanted to wear it if it was halter-top.

(and excuse the dress being akimbo--she's a bit active and I wasn't about t make her sit still and be ladylike when she was busy w/ easter eggs, presents, and chocolate :)

IMG_20130331_170107_730.jpg

(also, there were shoes that matched, but, by gum, she wanted to wear the 'ballerina shoes', and who am I to argue with that? :lol: )

I am going to keep my eye out for more remnants like that, because that was a super cheap/easy to make something that's kinda versatile. And JoAnns sells Hello Kitty smocked fabric that I'm fairly sure my child needs a dress of. :)

The dress is really cute! I must confess, I made one for myself out of similar fabric in pink and yellow a few years ago. They are super-easy to make, and you can improvise the straps any way you like. Now that I know that Joann's has this fabric in Hello Kitty, I might just have to make another one...for me. *blushes* I love Hello Kitty!

Archived