IGNORED

Kristina's back - Everything Nice

sableduck

Klohe has glasses already? In kids that young, isn't that usually a sign of not serious problems, but more than your normal near-sightedness?

Sometimes glasses are used to correct lazy eye.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only child was born about a month before Khole. The thought of having 3 more younger kids to take care of plus him makes my head spin. I do wonder if she'll try to use NFP to space out the next one. She seems to have difficult pregnancies so I hope so

Why is it okay to prevent pregnancy with a pill made of yams but sinful to prevent pregnancy with a pill from the pharmacist? In both cases, aren't you attempting to take control of your fertility away from Jesus or whatever? I honestly don't understand the difference. If the woman wants birth control pills, she should be honest with herself about it and at least buy ones that work.

Is she really going to use yams as family planning? I thought she just mentioned some people use them to boost their fertility while other use them to prevent pregnancy.

Why is it okay to prevent pregnancy with a pill made of yams but sinful to prevent pregnancy with a pill from the pharmacist? In both cases, aren't you attempting to take control of your fertility away from Jesus or whatever? I honestly don't understand the difference. If the woman wants birth control pills, she should be honest with herself about it and at least buy ones that work.

I never understood that either. Another thing I don't get is the belief that God opens/closes wombs, has a plan we need to trust, follow His will, etc. So why is it wrong to use IVF/meds to get pregnant (not having faith to let him "guide" your fertility) but okay to use meds to try to prevent miscarriage? Why isn't it enough to trust in God then? If you believe he has a plan and we should obey it, then wouldn't you trust in his plan no matter? Why is it OK to use heathen medicine then?

Please note that if I ever had the fortune to become pregnant, I would move heaven and earth to sustain the pregnancy; hope I don't to come across as though I think using any means necessary for this is wrong.

Klohe has glasses already? In kids that young, isn't that usually a sign of not serious problems, but more than your normal near-sightedness?

Glasses mean she's getting healthcare, which is a hell of a lot better than many fundy children.

I'm dismayed at the name she chose; my lesbian Quaker friends are using it for their next child. (Not that I like Brianna; I hate that name; I just would like to believe my friends have better taste than Kristina.)

Since she mentions little else, it makes her look uncomfortable with four under three. (!!) This with the natural/yam family planning: maybe a little more room between babies next time? It can not be a walk in the park to manage a two year old, one year old twins, and a newborn. I can't even imagine.

Holy shit :pink-shock: I didn't know Kloe wasn't three yet...

When my sister's three year old daughter comes for a visit I totally have my hands full - I can't imagine having to deal with three additional kids 24/7. Psych unit would definitely be my next address, too.

Holy shit :pink-shock: I didn't know Kloe wasn't three yet...

When my sister's three year old daughter comes for a visit I totally have my hands full - I can't imagine having to deal with three additional kids 24/7. Psych unit would definitely be my next address, too.

Yep, this new blog sidebar has Kloe turning three in September. I think Kristina's idea of God's family planning is now clashing with the reality of actual children-- maybe she thought they'd naturally occur a couple of years apart, but that is accomplished with intentional planning. One of her comments blew my mind-- she's decided after this tsunami of babies that it's time now to learn how her body works.

I'd have checked out that topic in the mad rush to the wedding, my dear.

I'd bet it's because these people really believe that the pill causes abortion.

And even if it does (hypothetically, of course), the problem with condoms is?

Oh, that's right, Joshie poo doesn't like them.

Also, the author of the yam article admits his hypothesis on it's mode if action is simply a hypothesis. Kristina has no way of knowing whether this is true or if, presuming the yams do have a contraceptive effect-and that's a very big if indeed, they prevent implantation or whatever other evil things OBC is supposed to do. Why is she willing to accept what the author frames as a best guess, but rejects oral contaceptives because of what even extremist fundies admit is a very unlikely indeed.

I think there's some intense mental gymnastics going on-she desperately doesn't want another pgcy but she's been brainwashed to believe all birth control is evil and abortion will send get to hell. I can only pray she will grow up a whole lot really quickly and finds a solution to the awful mess she finds herself in before the wheels come off in a spectacular fashion.

Glasses mean she's getting healthcare, which is a hell of a lot better than many fundy children.

Oh, absolutely. Kristina has such terrible health, she's probably quick to notice anything going on with her kids. That's why I figured it must be something you'd notice, like lazy eye, as NurseNell said (makes sense, doesn't her other little girl look a little cross-eyed in some of their pictures?). All the kids I've ever known who had glasses that young usually had other medical problems, too, but it could be they're just testing vision earlier and better than when I was a kid.

Just took a peek at the latest brief entry six weeks into being a family of six. Rather than talking about the cute baby, she makes it a point to mention that they are Getting Looks from the public.

Since she mentions little else, it makes her look uncomfortable with four under three. (!!) This with the natural/yam family planning: maybe a little more room between babies next time? It can not be a walk in the park to manage a two year old, one year old twins, and a newborn. I can't even imagine.

I'm not suprised that she is getting strange looks in public. I highly doubt that her "helpmate" Josh helps much w/ the kids. If she was an Orthodox Jewish woman w/ 4 kids, she might get a few looks but then people would move on.

I think there's some intense mental gymnastics going on-she desperately doesn't want another pgcy but she's been brainwashed to believe all birth control is evil and abortion will send get to hell. I can only pray she will grow up a whole lot really quickly and finds a solution to the awful mess she finds herself in before the wheels come off in a spectacular fashion.

Ditto. I wish she had a real support system. Does anyone know what her sister is up to? I know she broke away but came back, but at least it shows she's fiesty and can think on her own. I wish she and Kristina would get together and get out!

Both cases are exactly the same. Kristina seems desperate to stop the rush of babies. I can imagine it's very difficult caring for that many young children. Not to mention expensive. I have one child a month younger her oldest and he's a handful. The problem with Kristina and Josh is that they like to think they're better than everyone else. To now admit that they are in over their heads wouldn't jive with the image they are trying to project. So, she's come up with some convoluted theory which will allow her to slow down the avalanche without having to admit she was wrong.

There is one sure fire method of stemming the tide of children that doesn't include birth control and that is abstinence. That would be the responsible thing to do if they cannot afford another child (which they obviously can't) and it doesn't compromise their values. If they are going to hold to their ridiculous notions about birth control, then they should suck it up and practice abstinence until they are ready for another child.

I could not agree with you more. I am so tired of fundies acting like pregnancy is gods will and something that opps, just happens to them. It happens to you because you are having sex. If you can not afford another child, or you can not mentally or emotionally handle another child, and you do not believe in birth control , then you can abstain from sex until you do want and can handle another child. Funny how that logical choice never enters their minds

Something that's bothering me about them..... They claimed to be so poor they couldn't afford insurance yet it seems they eat out at least sometimes, red robin being mentioned somewhere (which I think is rather expensive for what you get) and then people judging them when they "go out to eat with 4 kids". So which is it?! Stupid people makin even stupider choices, ugh.

It's people like them that make me angers about the welfare system. It's one thing to make a mistake or to fall on hard times and need help, it's another to keep making that dumb mistake over and over and over and have no solution. :angry-banghead:

I agree. The money they spend eating out is not going to offset the cost of health insurance. However, it would offset most of what they receive on WIC. Plus, they'd look less like a couple of hypocrites.

What they really need to do is stop having children. As a tax payer, I don't mind my tax dollars going to people who need it. What I do mind is my tax dollars going to people who continue to make their situation worse by making the same dumb choice over and over again. It's not my responsibility to shell out money so that you can practice your religious beliefs. If you want to have an endless number kids because you don't believe in birth control, fine. However, I expect you to pay for those kids yourself and stop mooching off of everyone else. I would love nothing more than to be able to take my son on international trips and teach him about different cultures by letting him experience them. I can't afford to do that right now, so we stay home. I don't expect the American taxpayers to fund that life style simply because that's how I want to live. Fundies always seem to complain that the rest of us have a sense of entitlement, but truthfully, the ones that feel most entitled are the fundies.

Weren't they rabidly anti-government? How do they justify using all these government resources while hating on the Olympics for things like a tribute to NHC? I'm glad her kids are getting food and medical care, but I wonder how they justify it in their minds.

I could not agree with you more. I am so tired of fundies acting like pregnancy is gods will and something that opps, just happens to them. It happens to you because you are having sex. If you can not afford another child, or you can not mentally or emotionally handle another child, and you do not believe in birth control , then you can abstain from sex until you do want and can handle another child. Funny how that logical choice never enters their minds

This was what was advised in some "health" books in the late 1800s and early 1900s (not sure about later than that) so if they want that perfect world of way back when, they should look into it. But, to them are children a biological result or are they just a magical happenstance that is sort of related to sex but mostly based on God's specific will for them?

Places like Lori's blog, when someone brings up the abstinence idea, the others will respond that marriage is for sex and if you ever want to abstain then you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.

Places like Lori's blog, when someone brings up the abstinence idea, the others will respond that marriage is for sex and if you ever want to abstain then you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place.

For fundies, that is pretty much the purpose of marriage. Ignore sex and sexuality entirely until you are married and then, go at it like the world is ending tomorrow. It fits in ideally with the patriarchy shit. Men are awesome and men need sex and women exist to have the sex, and babies, well, god wants you to have babies and sex makes babies so it's all just doing what god wants.

Sex is bad if you're not married. Sex takes top priority when you are married. Abstinence isn't an option once god has joined two people.. Men. Must. Have. Sex.

I'd bet my life that if men were the ones to carry and raise the babies the rules from god would be entirely different. But, since we will never know that for sure, the men just continue to tell their women what their god wants.

Weren't they rabidly anti-government? How do they justify using all these government resources while hating on the Olympics for things like a tribute to NHC? I'm glad her kids are getting food and medical care, but I wonder how they justify it in their minds.

Yes he is anti-government. I sure she is because he is. I wondering the same as u.

Archived