IGNORED

Kristina's back - Everything Nice

sableduck

I've been dying for Kristina updates. And Lo and behold she posted on her facebook group tonight.

She has a new blog, Everything Nice. (At Everythingnice2013.Wordpress.com not breaking it because, well what's the point. She knows us)

A quick perusal reveals two interesting things:

They are naming their new baby Brianna Rose. Not quite what I would have expected from Kristina, but I do think it is lovely.

She has a whole post about how to use wild yam capsules as a natural birth control. I am thinking that quiverfull hasn't quite worked out.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I know a Brianna Rose, pretty name. Indeed one of my favorite fundies is back! I didn't know they were having another baby. I worry for her health.

Eeeerrrm, unless I'm remembering incorrectly yams are shown to increase ovulation...and the chance of twins, not prevent! If she really wants to prevent she should buy the take charge of your fertility book and chart. Eye roll. I really doubt that these pills did anything seeing how she still got knocked up only a yearish after her last two. Whhhy oh why can people like this reproduce like rabbits but we can't even conceived 1?!? :angry-banghead: /end personal rant.

Is she the one who got engaged at Arby's? And had a courtship ruler? And had 847 bell ringer/flower girls in her wedding? Or am I conflating two different Fundie younlings?

I know that the master list of Fundies is around here somewhere but I am so fried from my finals I can't remember where.

Is she the one who got engaged at Arby's? And had a courtship ruler? And had 847 bell ringer/flower girls in her wedding? Or am I conflating two different Fundie younlings?

I know that the master list of Fundies is around here somewhere but I am so fried from my finals I can't remember where.

Yes, but I don't remember tons of flower girls. Considering all her other snark worthiness, she could have and I forgot.

Yes, but I don't remember tons of flower girls. Considering all her other snark worthiness, she could have and I forgot.

Maybe the flower girl/bell ringers was Meredith. I think. Maybe.

eek, I was thinking the same about yams, I have read they are thought to be linked to higher incidents of fraternal twins.

Also pleasantly surprised by baby's name.

eta: she sort of addresses that in her post, that yams can apparently be ised to increase and decrease fertility depending on dose/type of yam/time of month. I certainly wouldn't put my faith in that but it is definitely interesting that she is researching this topic. Kristina, update us :) None of us would hold it against you if you had stepped back from fullblown QF.

Maybe the flower girl/bell ringers was Meredith. I think. Maybe.

Meredith had the flower girl/bell ringers. Remember the horrible dress she forced her baby sister to wear?

I have heard that some wild yams found in the area of New Guinea can somewhat suppress fertility.

While I was trying to fact-check, I ran across this: nogreaterjoy.org/articles/herb-lesson-wild-yam

Seems that while the pill is off-limits, yams, for the same purpose, are a-okay. :doh:

Wow I'm impressed by the name. And no one can say she hasn't done her part for raising lots of little arrows for the lord, she just does not seem the type to be healthy enough to keep doing it year after year and I hope this means she is realizing that. I do have a soft spot for Kristina even though she's a fucking idiot, but Josh still creeps me the fuck out. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the news one day for holding a girl captive for a decade.

I'm really surprised she isn't naming the poor baby Breeaghnnah Rowze. Good job, Kristina.

SQUEEEEEE! Kristina was one of my gateway fundies! I mean, Arby's engagements, courtship rulers and all around fundie crazy posts, whats not to love/cringe at? Seriously proud of a relatively normal name choice though!

I hope I'm wrong but Raegan, the girl twin, has always looked to me like she might be a special needs child. Twins have a higher incidence of special needs, and often it's just one of the children, not both. Does anyone else notice that too?

I hope I'm wrong but Raegan, the girl twin, has always looked to me like she might be a special needs child. Twins have a higher incidence of special needs, and often it's just one of the children, not both. Does anyone else notice that too?

I agree. I hope that if she does have special needs, Josh and Kristina are doing whatever is needed to address them. I have no trouble imagining Josh ignoring any problems.

Actually I think Kristina was what bought me to FJ. Someone on the 17 kids and counting twop forum mentioned them, had the link to her engagement (wtf Arby's!? Anyway somehow that lead me to FJ. So thanks Kristina.

I have heard that some wild yams found in the area of New Guinea can somewhat suppress fertility.

While I was trying to fact-check, I ran across this: nogreaterjoy.org/articles/herb-lesson-wild-yam

Seems that while the pill is off-limits, yams, for the same purpose, are a-okay. :doh:

But not, you know, a condom? Or even withdrawal? Although she's so fertile, I doubt it would even buy her a month. She has too many babies to chart, you need to get several consecutive hours of sleep in the morning.

Im suprised by the name. Brianna Rose is so normal, I was thinking she would let one of her toddlers bang on the keyboard and name her baby the result, like she usually does.

I bet she got sick of explaining the first three names.

"No, it's like Chloe. Klo-ee. Not Klo. Brayden. B-R-A-Y-D-E-N. Like a donkey in a lion's house. Raegan."

..."Like the president?"

"Yes, but spelled differently."

Looking forward to an explanation as to why they "liked" a FB page called "Sandy Hook Secrets."

Really they did that? How horrible!

Really they did that? How horrible!

I just checked and I got the title wrong. It's actually "Sandy Hook Suspicions."

When Josh had his own page, I reported a comment by one of his friends that said, "They killed JFK for being Catholic. Why can't they kill Obama? Just sayin'."

Her post about wild yam as birth control makes me laugh a little. Now I'm not a medical professional by any stretch, but due to my hormone imbalances I've read up a bit on using progesterone to balance female hormones. I've read the research of John Lee Md and others like him. Basically, some weed-sniffer-types try to use wild yam in the place of bio-identical progesterone. And it is NOT effective. Furthermore, giving your body progesterone has 0 birth control effect. You use progesterone to encourage ovulation and/or support early pregnancy. (Or for those of us with whacked hormones, use it to make yourself ovulate at the right time of month to regular your cycle.) I've used progesterone for the last year and am now predictably fertile every month. Maybe due to the fact that I know when I'll ovulate, I could use NFP to avoid pregnancy. Other than that, I don't see how progesterone/wild yam could do anything to help with birth control!

And this always bugs me: I get that fundies are totally against the Pill, and that's fine. Personally I don't believe the Pill is great for most women's health. But there is a very effective, non-hormone disrupting method of birth control called condoms! What's the matter with a condom? Why the need to trick your body with a concoction of herbs? A condom won't in any way cause an abortion or mess with a woman's reproductive health...and yet, I never hear of condoms as an option for those fundies who are wild enough to space out their kids.

I am pleasantly surprised that she picked a normal spelling for the new baby's name

I'm not sure where she was going with the yam talk. She did mention it could be used for birth control but spent a lot more time talking about how it can be used to increase fertility

Reagan looks kind of off to Me too. Not sure if she just doesn't take good pictures or the kid really does have some kind of special needs

Now that she's back, I hope she'll spend some time talking about how she makes it work. Last I recall, her husband was in a low-paying job an hour from home, with work stoppages, even. How can they afford their mortgage, groceries, etc.? And they reportedly don't have health insurance? How have they managed to pay for hospital stays each time she gives birth? How has having a growing family affected her relationship with her siblings? Does she ever leave the house, even? So. Many. Questions.

Archived