IGNORED

The house that feel-good theology built

MamaJunebug

Joyce Meyer isn't an extremist per se, but a motivational speaker hiding behind a "ministry" for tax purposes. About the time her main security guy was busted for killing his wife and two young sons, she put her mansion on the market.

Here's the house that Joyce's particular brand of positivity-with-God-as-my-tax-dodge built.

http://www.janetmcafee.com/property/121 ... /13012033/

Folks on the coasts and abroad probably think the $1.5M price is a steal, considering. I just think of her pursed-up face galumphin through all those closets and over those white carpets and feel pretty happy that I live in 1000 square feets and have no need of Joyce's "encouragements." :lol:

Ugh, brass fixtures. Hate them. Also, way too many white cabinets. But, hey, who doesn't want a hair salon in house?

I have way too many friends that love Joyce Meyer. Things I didn't notice until a year or two ago when they all started quoting her on FB. For some reason, her advice resonates with my friends who have less than ideal marriages- I personally don't understand this.

It's a nice size, but I don't like the exterior. It kind of reminds me of a Mcmansion. I have family members who think she walks on water. Yuck. :disgust:

Wow, lots and lots of white!

I did like the mahogany library, and the grounds around the home were pretty.

All these mega rich 'ministers' who pay no taxes really get my Irish up. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they used 90 percent of what they make to help other people and lived on the rest.

A master bedroom that's 2400 square feet? That's bigger than my whole house by about 500 sf!

With all that money, Joyce should have hired a good interior designer. There are parts of her house that are okay, but some of it is just tacky. She shouldn't have been so afraid of color. She should also have better appliances in the kitchen.

A master bedroom that's 2400 square feet? That's bigger than my whole house by about 500 sf!

With all that money, Joyce should have hired a good interior designer. There are parts of her house that are okay, but some of it is just tacky. She shouldn't have been so afraid of color. She should also have better appliances in the kitchen.

What is wrong with her appliances? Why is it expected that as soon as someone comes into money, that they ditch their personal style and upgrade everything? Why waste money on something that functions exactly the same?

Also, some of us like white cabinets.

The countertops are ugly IMO, but if she liked them...

Archived