IGNORED

Teri Maxwell makes an idol of a microwave cart

johnhugh

Is that a picture of the Duggars on their fridge?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got 6 electrical sockets in my kitchen.

My parents house still has the original 1985 kitchen with a spot for a built in microwave. It was made to fit a giant 80s one, so its been framed & tiled twice as even a big modern microwave is a lot smaller. There was a hole to fit an 80s TV in one of the other rooms. I think the lesson is: don't try to build in technology.

I hope Manitoba haven't bothered to do any roadworks yet this spring.

We have a saying in Winnipeg that there are 2 seasons; winter and construction. And we had a LOOONG winter this year. As for construction, there's lots of it. Uriah going through baricades and restricted lanes? Very possible. Not sure how much of that is on the highways, but we'll see if we hear about it.

Ah, construction men seeing the lovely Sarah and refusing to let Uriah through until they thoroughly investigate why she must live as she does at 30+? Very nice thought. Or asking her to join them on a burger run.(I worked in a fast-food restaurant for 5 years and saw many of them) Thus arguing with Steve, that at 31, he should let HER decide, or else he's a control freak! Chances are there'd be at least one who then feels the need to rescue her..... ;)

I'm in for the Pepsi party! Can we chug six-packs Conehead style? (Anyone old enough for that reference?)

I'm in for the Pepsi party! Can we chug six-packs Conehead style? (Anyone old enough for that reference?)

Oh yes indeed. WE ARE FROM FRANCE.

I'm beyond old enough for that reference! :lol: Oh, how I miss the early days of SNL!

I wonder if coffee is allowed in Maxhell.

Their newest post shows cappuccino (I think! Not a coffee drinker) maker and the caption "When one is short on sleep, caffeine does help." What a coincidence. :lol:

Something needs to make life bearable for them. Especially with getting up so early. Being a Maxwell sucks worse than being a regular fundie.

My kitchen has 12 plug in availabilities apart from those hard wired...is this not common?

(yes I did just go and count :( )

My house was built in 2005. There are 10 electrical sockets in the kitchen, not counting the ones taken up by the fridge and built-in microwave that are hidden behind cabinetry. There are also 4 more in the dining room which is effectively a part of the kitchen.

However, prior to buying our house, my husband and I and a roommate rented the upper floor of a duplex that was built in (I think) 1912. The kitchen there had a grand total of 4 electrical sockets in it. One was occupied by the microwave, one was occupied by the coffee maker, and the other two were clear on the other side of the kitchen and not adjacent to any countertop, and one of them was occupied by our roommate's mini-fridge (which was a necessity because he drank at least a gallon of milk a day by himself and could not fit all his milk in the main fridge). Using a blender or an electric mixer in that kitchen was always annoying and involved a lot of extension cords. It was actually a relief when the ancient over-the-range microwave died and we had to switch to a free-standing microwave that we stacked on top of the mini-fridge, because that meant we could plug the new microwave into the more distant outlet and have the all-important unused fourth outlet over a counter at last!

Times have changed in kitchen design, is what I'm saying. :D

I actually quite like Teri's microwave cart. I could use a cupboard like that, where everything is shut away neatly but that I could move easily from loungeroom to study to studio. Might be time to go ebay shopping again ...

Do you have craigslist.org where you live? That's the sort of thing that shows up a lot, especially in the "free stuff" section.

We've got 5 boxes with two outlets each in our small galley kitchen. When we remodeled I made sure we had plenty. Right now, the only things that are always at the ready are the Vitamix, the juicer and our Breville countertop oven that I couldn't live without. (I have a terminal kitchen gadget addiction so all of my other appliances and non-essential cooking equipment are stored in the spare bedroom--and it's full :shock:) The coffeemaker has its own shrine in the living room. Our house was built in '42 when you barely had one outlet per room but thankfully, the previous owner was an electrician so we were seriously wired up.

Our microwave is an over the range vent model so it takes up no counter space. But the first one my parents had back in the 70s was a behemoth that definitely needed its own cart.

Omg, they had Bible time again. Do they every not have Bible time? I'd be so sick of reading the Bible. :x

My kitchen has 12 plug in availabilities apart from those hard wired...is this not common?

(yes I did just go and count :( )

My house built in the 1940's has two. One of those were added at a later time. :(

The dining room has one. The living room two. The bathroom three but two of them are in such crazy locations that they don't get used. All the other rooms have two each.

It sounds to me like we're all making an idol of conveniently located and numerous power points (my kitchen has ten, not including the ones for fridge, microwave and dishwasher that I can't see).

We all need to go and dust our ceiling fans to distract is from coveting each others kitchen amenities.

Something to think about......

My small kitchen has a total of four outlets (two plugs per) but due to a lack of counter space (as it's built to certain accessibility standards so the cupboards are extra-low) my microwave doesn't fit on the counter so it lives on a...microwave cart! The only other thing I have that plugs in is my rice cooker, which you will pry from my cold dead hands, and it only gets plugged in when in use.

There's even a phone jack, which is weird, as the place is only three years old and I'm a bit surprised they bothered. I haven't had a landline in nearly six. No ceiling fans to dust, but I suppose I could dust the baseboard heaters, they probably need it!

I make idols of my washer and dryer. Seriously. I didn't have either for four years and then I moved in here and still, a year later, occasionally have the desire to hug them.

I worship at the altar of my coffee maker. I would not make it here to post if it wasn't for it. One of those two outlets is devoted to my coffee maker and I will kill anyone who tries to unplug it. Well maybe not kill, but I will give them bad looks.

It sounds to me like we're all making an idol of conveniently located and numerous power points (my kitchen has ten, not including the ones for fridge, microwave and dishwasher that I can't see).

We all need to go and dust our ceiling fans to distract is from coveting each others kitchen amenities.

:lol: :clap:

I don't have anything as fancy as a ceiling fan; we had a free-standing one once but it really wasn't worth using up valuable storage space with something that would only be used about half a dozen times a year so we got rid of it.

Oh and... I forgot about the double socket under the worktop that the washer and dryer are plugged into all the time.

My house built in the 1940's has two. One of those were added at a later time. :(

The dining room has one. The living room two. The bathroom three but two of them are in such crazy locations that they don't get used. All the other rooms have two each.

The bathroom has plug sockets? How come? (if you don't mind me asking!) using anything electrical in a bathroom is dicing with death here in the UK so what do you do to make it safe? I'd love to be able to plug hair straighteners in nearer the mirror as it would save me having to plug them in on the landing and peering from the doorway :lol:

Their newest post shows cappuccino (I think! Not a coffee drinker) maker and the caption "When one is short on sleep, caffeine does help." What a coincidence. :lol:

More proof that Steve does read us.

I was most certainly not making idols of conveniently located power points. I was simply trying to help point out OKTBT's outlet privilege, and I don't have a ceiling fan. :snooty:

I was most certainly not making idols of conveniently located power points. I was simply trying to help point out OKTBT's outlet privilege, and I don't have a ceiling fan. :snooty:

Thou shalt not covet your neighbours manservant nor his maidservant, nor his ass nor his ox, and certainly not his excessive power outlets.

God is a jealous, angry God, and he will cast you into the external pits of fire unless you repent quickly and do highly unnecessary household busywork as penance. Plus you will never pass a Ray Comfort "good person" test, and you will be shunned by all godly society.

The bathroom has plug sockets? How come? (if you don't mind me asking!) using anything electrical in a bathroom is dicing with death here in the UK so what do you do to make it safe? I'd love to be able to plug hair straighteners in nearer the mirror as it would save me having to plug them in on the landing and peering from the doorway :lol:

Why would it be dicing with death? (although, I'm sure Stevehovah would be pleased if it was). I understand that hair dryer + bath full of water=instant death but really?where are you supposed to plug in your electric toothbrush/shaver/whatever. I'm not one for gadgets but even our ancient, shoebox.sized bathroom has a double power point.

And if anyone wants to covert the Powerpoints in my kitchen, don't bother. There's one on the wall for the fridge, one for the kettle and one extra. Most of the time it.ag plenty. For the odd occasion I'm using more appliances than I have power points, there's a double adapter in the drawer with the tea towels.

They're GFCI (ground fault circuit interrruption) outlets. Sort of like a mini-circuit breaker that's designed to trip instantly if there's any contact with water. Each outlet has test/reset buttons if they do trip. I have them in the bathroom and in the kitchen near the sink.

I have absolutely made an idol of my electrical outlets. Yes indeedy. So sue me, Steve.

Two years ago my friend moved into a fixer-upper and was having the whole upstairs redone. She hired some contractors who were...not great, let's just say. Anyway, while the remodeling was happening, she had a family emergency so she asked me to housesit for a few days so that there would be someone there to make sure all was going well. There were about a million things that did not go well, but apropos to this conversation, on the second to last day of the remodel I went upstairs (which is basically a two-room suite with a bathroom - almost like a studio apartment - to check things out and I saw that there were SO OUTLETS. Not a SINGLE ONE in an entire suite where my friend was going to have her bedroom and office. So I called the head guy (they'd already gone home for the day) and asked him if he was planning to put the outlets it tomorrow. His response was, "Oh, [friend's name] didn't say she wanted outlets up there." Um, WHAT? A whole bedroom and office, and it doesn't occur to you that the person living there might want to plug in lamps, a computer, a tv, etc.? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

ETA: The idea of a bathroom with no outlets boggles the mind. I have two and wish I had four so I could keep both my and the partner's electric toothbrushes plugged in while using my straightener or hot rollers.

They're GFCI (ground fault circuit interrruption) outlets. Sort of like a mini-circuit breaker that's designed to trip instantly if there's any contact with water. Each outlet has test/reset buttons if they do trip. I have them in the bathroom and in the kitchen near the sink.

I have absolutely made an idol of my electrical outlets. Yes indeedy. So sue me, Steve.

In Australia most bathrooms have an outlet near the bathroom bench. Its just a normal wall socket, but we do all have a safety switch in the fuse box that shuts off the power if it detects a fault. Mine always trips if I use the washing machine & the dryer at the same time. I think god is telling me to stop being lazy & hang the clothes out instead.

Archived