IGNORED

Teri Maxwell makes an idol of a microwave cart

johnhugh

Is that really in those text books!! How horrible!!

You can find used Abeka textbooks on Ebay and Amazon for almost nothing, especially if you get out of print editions (which are probably the ones the Maxwells used). I've never read any of their secondary level books. Some of their elementary books are OK.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were a gozillionaire, I would send a freaking TRUCK of Pepsi straight to their house.

It would be great if we all sent single gift wrapped cans of Pepsi to Maxhell with notes saying we want to bless Teri and we've heard how much she loves it. How would Steve react to a hundred individual packages containing Satan's soda showing up on the doorstep? It would be like the owls in Harry Potter.

Incidentally, my iPhone changes satan to Sarah.

New post is up about them loading up Uriah for the trip to Canada. :roll: - Is anyone planning to attend?

Notice the idol card of the Duggers stuck to Uriah's fridge:

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DSC_7425.jpg

I told some people. We'll see if this makes news or anything. But, last weekend was the a conference in Winnipeg with Ruth Graham, and that was VERY popular. I can't see people coming out from Winnipeg.......well, MAYBE some homeschooling parents........Preaching to the choir, IMO. Or, according to other reports, preaching to the ensemble. :D

Oh yeah it's a 12-hour trip; I checked. Gonna see which highways they recommend on Mapquest to see if there's a chance they might pass by Winnipeg........ :D :roll: ;)

I hope Manitoba haven't bothered to do any roadworks yet this spring.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Poor Uriah :|

Is that really in those text books!! How horrible!!

That's a Cliff's Notes version, but yeah. Go to http://wonkette.com/tag/christian-textbooks and prepare to be simultaneously entertained and horrified. They're on to a Christian biology text now but there are about 10 posts on the A Beka World History text.

I am still trying to work out what a microwave cart is. Why you would ever need one and the fact it has wheels and microwaves need to be plugged in. These and other issues concern me. The fact it became a library is just beyond my comprehension. My child could not have fitted her books in there when she was three. It would have a been 'A Squash and a Squeeze.' :lol: (love those books.)

I am going to send Terri some 'Irn Bru' :lol:

Thirty plus years ago when microwaves were a new thing kitchens didn't have a place for them, they weren't made as built-ins, and they were BIG. People were putting them on tables or taking up a lot of kitchen counter space so enter the microwave cart with storage underneath. They didn't all have rollers but I'm guessing the rollers were so one could roll it near an outlet to use it and then roll it to an out of the way storage spot.

Thirty plus years ago when microwaves were a new thing kitchens didn't have a place for them, they weren't made as built-ins, and they were BIG. People were putting them on tables or taking up a lot of kitchen counter space so enter the microwave cart with storage underneath. They didn't all have rollers but I'm guessing the rollers were so one could roll it near an outlet to use it and then roll it to an out of the way storage spot.

They are still not built in where I live in. Although I do agree much smaller, you live and learn :lol:

Mine is a wee silver thing that matches my other kitchen appliances. So is it like a nuked version of an 'Hostess trolley' ? :lol:

Our microwave sits on top of a rolling file cabinet in our dining area, just to the right of the kitchen door opening. We live in an older apartment complex and the kitchen is fairly microscopic.

There is only one plug on the wall in the kitchen, and that is where the coffee maker has to go, 'cause that bad boy is WAY more important than the microwave (and there isn't enough space on the counter there for a microwave anyway).

Our microwave sits on top of a rolling file cabinet in our dining area, just to the right of the kitchen door opening. We live in an older apartment complex and the kitchen is fairly microscopic.

There is only one plug on the wall in the kitchen, and that is where the coffee maker has to go, 'cause that bad boy is WAY more important than the microwave (and there isn't enough space on the counter there for a microwave anyway).

The list of priorities I am willing to rearrange to get a caffeine hit is epic.

The list of priorities I am willing to rearrange to get a caffeine hit is epic.

:happy-wavemulticolor: Yay for the kitchen arranged around the coffee machine. :happy-wavemulticolor:

Machine + milk frothing jug + coffee mugs + coffee + syrup (I like hazelnut lattes) means that what was built to be a microwave space in our kitchen is actually completely occupied by the caffeine-delivery equipment.

I actually quite like Teri's microwave cart. I could use a cupboard like that, where everything is shut away neatly but that I could move easily from loungeroom to study to studio. Might be time to go ebay shopping again ...

My kitchen has 12 plug in availabilities apart from those hard wired...is this not common?

(yes I did just go and count :( )

I'd love to have more plugs! Our apartment complex was built in 1978...people just didn't have as many kitchen gadgets back then, and microwaves were just getting started. The original stove was still here when we moved in...it was a GE with push buttons across the back! It was actually pretty cool and worked fine until it finally died 2 years ago.

The main things we use in our one outlet with two plugs are the coffee maker and the toaster. I have a hand mixer, blender, food processor, coffee grinder and a crock pot - none of those are used enough to need to be plugged in all the time, so we just shuffle.

The upside to an older complex - very solid construction and thick walls and floors. Sound is never a problem. Also, the bedrooms are really big for the overall size of the apartment.

I'd love to have more plugs! Our apartment complex was built in 1978...people just didn't have as many kitchen gadgets back then, and microwaves were just getting started. The original stove was still here when we moved in...it was a GE with push buttons across the back! It was actually pretty cool and worked fine until it finally died 2 years ago.

The main things we use in our one outlet with two plugs are the coffee maker and the toaster. I have a hand mixer, blender, food processor, coffee grinder and a crock pot - none of those are used enough to need to be plugged in all the time, so we just shuffle.

The upside to an older complex - very solid construction and thick walls and floors. Sound is never a problem. Also, the bedrooms are really big for the overall size of the apartment.

Our first flat (apartment) had a kitchen so teeny only room for one. I wish I could remember how many plug sockets in that one :lol:

I do recall of importance was some tool you used to make your Guinness have a good head. HEY we were young :lol:

I counted 6 outlets in the kitchen, but 2 of them cannot be used for stationary appliances because of their location/counter space issues. They are used to charge the cell phone at night and a night light. I too, covet your outlet numbers.

I counted 6 outlets in the kitchen, but 2 of them cannot be used for stationary appliances because of their location/counter space issues. They are used to charge the cell phone at night and a night light. I too, covet your outlet numbers.

I shall try to fill them with coffee things, it's not even that big a kitchen. I'm a bit minimalist though. Kettle. Toaster. Microwave. The other stuff is transient. One outlet has wall hanging light thing.

LOVES on my Dualit though :lol:

But wait! I thought microwaves were of the devil! How can a microwave cart be a faithful servant? It has been corrupted by the microwave!

Nice catch.

At least the microwave cart is allowed a different view after 23 years.

Plus it finally got a good polishing, pushing and plugging.

I'd love to have more plugs! Our apartment complex was built in 1978...

Ditto. House built in '78, two outlets in the kitchen. I keep a toaster oven plugged in one, and the other gets the blender most often. I'm such a minimalist I don't even have a microwave. Alas, no faithful servant for me. Teri's cart is kinda growing on me. I wonder if it'd mind being filled with heathen literature and sketchbooks of naked people?

I'm in for the Pepsi party! Can we chug six-packs Conehead style? (Anyone old enough for that reference?)

I shall try to fill them with coffee things, it's not even that big a kitchen. I'm a bit minimalist though. Kettle. Toaster. Microwave. The other stuff is transient. One outlet has wall hanging light thing.

LOVES on my Dualit though :lol:

I've just been and counted my kitchen plug sockets too :lol: (there are 10) I don't like electrical ornaments so only have kettle, toaster and microwave on the worktops.

I am also in love with my Dualit toaster and kettle :dance:

Archived