IGNORED

Teri Maxwell makes an idol of a microwave cart

johnhugh

Mary's art supplies appear to be 10 pencils in a yellow vase. WOW.

I see neither knick nor knack. I see a phone and a clock(?) and the art supply vase. Is the vase the knick (or knack)?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This post is SO strange - I wonder if it's the Maxwells' idea of a joke? Oops, I forgot - jokes are fun, and we know how Stevus Lordicus feels about fun. :twisted:

Teri dear, if your heart "clutches" at the prospect of moving a piece of furniture from one room to another, you need to get out more.

Seriously, it's not as if they're throwing it out or chopping it up for firewood.

I suppose when the only times you're allowed to leave your home on a regular basis is to annoy the elderly or wash windows half a mile away, you become morbidly focused on furniture placement.

I was curious and went to look at her post on Pepsi. Ok, it sounds that she might have been drinking too much in the end and sodas aren't the healthiest thing, but she makes it sound like she was hooked on heroin. Also, way to kill even the smallest pleasures of life, if she liked Pepsi, couldn't she have curbed her consumption instead of giving it up altogether and make such a big deal about "sin".

Part of me was shitting myself with laughter about that post. Seriously, we should be "faithful servants" to the lord, just like Teri's microwave cart? Who needs the Bible when you have analogies like that!?

Another part of me was screaming in horror at the life this woman has lead. Fuck you Steve for the abuse you have heaped on your wife. Fuck you for brainwashing her into thinking she deserves it. And fuck you for bringing up your beautiful children to believe the same shit. You are an evil man.

I was curious and went to look at her post on Pepsi. Ok, it sounds that she might have been drinking too much in the end and sodas aren't the healthiest thing, but she makes it sound like she was hooked on heroin. Also, way to kill even the smallest pleasures of life, if she liked Pepsi, couldn't she have curbed her consumption instead of giving it up altogether and make such a big deal about "sin".

Couldn't the poor thing have switched to caffeine free pepsi?

This thread is hilarious!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well played, Jingerites. It's not often I'm truly LOLing over the computer. And I haven't even read Teri's Ode to the Microwave Cart yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to defend a Maxwell...but I do have to say one thing. Teri did spend many years and most of her children's lives homeschooling them. (Not that I think she should have but that is another story...) I could see that she would be sentimental about this. Her youngest is graduating and this phase is over. I think moving the cart was very symbolic of this. However, was this "post worthy?" Probably not.

I do wonder how Teri will deal with Mary graduating. Her life has revolved around being a "homeschool mom" and she is not one anyone. I imagine she may get depressed again...

I think she'll start helping Melanie with schooling Abby and Bethany. Wouldn't want Melanie sneaking in non Maxwell approved curriculum or ideas - she may even make school fun, and Steve and Teri can't have that in their precious grandchildren's lives.

If Terified is this sad about moving a piece of furniture, how would she ever handle one of her daughters marrying? He sons are different. They are the "head" of their house and live near. A daughter would be under her husband's "protection". He could move her anywhere. Terified would have absolutely no "say" in her life.

Could you imagine living with Stevie after all the "children" have married and moved out? She wouldn't know what to do with herself.

If Terified is this sad about moving a piece of furniture, how would she ever handle one of her daughters marrying? He sons are different. They are the "head" of their house and live near. A daughter would be under her husband's "protection". He could move her anywhere. Terified would have absolutely no "say" in her life.

Could you imagine living with Stevie after all the "children" have married and moved out? She wouldn't know what to do with herself.

Not to worry--I'm sure Steve will have a chore pack specifically made for her.

Mary's art supplies appear to be 10 pencils in a yellow vase. WOW.

I see neither knick nor knack. I see a phone and a clock(?) and the art supply vase. Is the vase the knick (or knack)?

That is not a yellow vase. That is some sort of memo pad/post it note holder with an area for pens. I am sure it is there to write down phone messages as it is pretty obvious that is a message pad, not art supplies.

Seriously, it's not as if they're throwing it out or chopping it up for firewood.

I suppose when the only times you're allowed to leave your home on a regular basis is to annoy the elderly or wash windows half a mile away, you become morbidly focused on furniture placement.

I love that! Annoy the elderly! I have wondered about how much of the nursing home ministry actually involves irritating the sweet elderly who get trapped in the common room after trying to catch a Sunday morning news program and cannot make it to the exits fast enough to escape Jesse's "singing", which is so unique it tends to stop you in your tracks.

There is a part of me that desperately wants to believe that post is a clever joke, Teri pulling our legs...especially with the Pepsi reference. Sadly, I know this is not the case.

It irks me that she misspelled knick knacks not once, but twice. Is there no spell check on their computer?

As my kids grow older and finish up their schoolwork/become more independent (we homeschool), I am THRILLED because now there's more time for me to pursue my own studies. I'm going to be the guinea pig for a former professor's first online Shakespeare course this summer, and I'm starting back at the local CC part-time this fall. My long-term goal is to pursue a M.S. in a few years and have a fulfilling new career that will hopefully last well into my 70's. Whereas Teri looks forward to golden years polishing cabinets, pestering the elderly, wistfully remembering the days her kids were at home and watching Stevehovah age. :shock:

Yes, take a look at their school schedules. Cert skimpy on academics.

titus2.com/master-list-downloads.html

And it's all out of text books. They don't need the usual kit like art supplies or science equipment, even the 'literature' component is nearly all specially selected, revised to make it less likely to disturb fundie sensibilities and printed into the textbook. Just read the text book and answer the questions, and Walla, instant education.

I love the annoy the elderly comment also. I to think that Teri might get depressed when she stops homeschooling I wonder if she try to help out w/ Nathan's kids teaching would Melanie would allow it.

I homeschool one child and I couldn't fit all her books into a microwave cart!

That was the most pointless blog post I might have ever read. I get feeling sentimental about homeschooling coming to an end. So write about that, not a damn microwave cart. And she called it a "he"?

I wonder if she ever sneaks a Pepsi while grocery shopping?

That was the most pointless blog post I might have ever read. I get feeling sentimental about homeschooling coming to an end. So write about that, not a damn microwave cart. And she called it a "he"?

I wonder if she ever sneaks a Pepsi while grocery shopping?

I suddenly have this vision of her sneaking a 2-liter of Pepsi out of the grocery sack and after looking around carefully, she unscrews the lid and swigs the entire bottle down in one huge gulp. Then she lets out a monstrous belch and goes on her merry way, chunking the evidence out on the highway while driving home. For the rest of the evening, she's all hyped up on caffeine and sugar. The rest of the family assumes she's just keeping it sweet!

....I wonder if she ever sneaks a Pepsi while grocery shopping?

I think that's why they go in pairs - accountability. If she snuck a Pepsi, her partner - a child or daughter-in-law - would know and would feel obliged to rat her out to The Lard Of Leavenworth.

I was thinking the same thing! I homeschool one, and I need to buy a second *bookshelf* just to fit his overflow! And we just ordered a bunch of new literature-based unit studies, so I need to get one, ASAP. Art supplies go in a very large Rubbermaid tub, and get replenished every fall when the sales on crayons, markers, glue, pencils, paint and paper are so good. Clay is replenished when Michael's has one of their sales on the huge tubs of the stuff.

I'm not impressed with the smallish microwave cart or the 12 pencils in a jar and a post-it pad.

The more I think about this (which I did during this morning's workout, which probably means I spend just a bit too much time on FJ :) ), the more I think Teri's tweaking us - either that, or she's a woman on the verge of a genuine nervous breakdown. This post has got to be one of the weirdest things I've ever encountered in fundie-dom. And that's saying a lot.

Oh - and Steve? You suck. :nenner:

I don't think this is a joke. I think that Terri's life is that boring; this was an honest-to-God event in her life. It probably brings back fond memories of homeschooling, Pepsi, and a time (perhaps) before Steve was as extreme in his control over her life.

I don't think she would touch a Pepsi; she has erroneously and ridiculously built that up as an "idol". I'll have to have one for her. :soda:

I don't think the Maxwells would know a joke if it hit them over the head so this Ode to a Microwave Cart is definitely real. I can't imagine a life so stultifying boring that something so minor (she just MOVED the damn thing, they didn't get rid of it) would warrant so many words.

They really are their very own cloistered religious order. I would so like to be a fly on the wall for a day at the Chez Maxwell.

Couldn't resist giving the cart pics the ROFLbot treatment, although they are more sad than funny:

qT4rNJE.jpg

MfFXkWU.jpg

:borg:

Resistance is futile -- you will be undereducated.

You know, at first I thought the Maxwells were selling these homeschooling carts...then it occurred to me that their new product was suppose to be about courting or something. Then I puzzled over this entire post about a microwave cart. I did laugh at the Pepsi comment (I wonder if Teri thought wistfully back to her Pepsi guzzling days?).

I'm not sure what Teri will do to fill up her days now, with most of her children no longer homeschooling. Perhaps she'll start a new cleaning regime! I just hope she doesn't get involved in homeschooling her grandkids. There's no need to pass on the bad grammar and awkward writing to a third generation.

I looked at their family schedules and it shows that they get less than 7 hours of sleep per day.

Up at 445am, asleep at 10pm.

Archived