IGNORED

Teri Maxwell makes an idol of a microwave cart

johnhugh

It has been layed on Teri's hart to tell us how Stevie converted a microwave cart (whatever one of those is) into a book case as an "homeschool material organization help" solution.

Teri has given us a little gem in this otherwise snoozefest of a post:

The recovering Pepsiaholic wrote:

Steve also built a little shelf on its side where I could put my Pepsi during my Pepsi-drinking days.

:lol::lol:

But she is making an idol of this cart:

A few weeks ago, when Mary and I rearranged the living room furniture, Mary asked if the school cart could be moved to another room. At first my heart clutched. That school cart had been a faithful servant to our homeschooling organization needs for twenty-three years. I couldn’t imagine not seeing it in our living room. However, I knew she was right. We now needed seating space more than a school cart.

:angry-banghead::angry-banghead:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Anonymous Whatever groups tells you to change your playgrounds, playmates and playthings when you are trying to kick a habit. She may be getting a contact high just by looking at the cart and remembering the sweet refreshment she received when she drank a Pepsi- the sound when you open it, the sweet trickle of cold deliciousness, the fizz of the carbonation.

Damn, now I want a Pepsi...and I'm a Coke gal!

I am dumber for having read that post about a 30-year-old microwave cart. Jeezus. And bitch can't write.

Losing homeschool books when we needed them for school and then the time spent looking for them was frustrating and wasted our time we should have had for doing school work.

Teri should form a sweet relationship with an editor to improve her mechanics, usage, grammar and spelling.

:pray:

Teri, this Pepsi is for you dear. *raising the cool & fizzy refreshment in a toast*

It has been layed on Teri's hart to tell us how Stevie converted a microwave cart (whatever one of those is) into a book case as an "homeschool material organization help" solution.

Teri has given us a little gem in this otherwise snoozefest of a post:

The recovering Pepsiaholic wrote:

:lol: :lol:

But she is making an idol of this cart:

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I bet Teri had to ask Steve if it was OK to move the cart. God Steve forbid Teri could make any decision without his prior approval. I bet he had to approve the cart's new location as well.

Yet another example of why the Maxwell blog is so depressing.

I am dumber for having read that post about a 30-year-old microwave cart. Jeezus. And bitch can't write.

Teri should form a sweet relationship with an editor to improve her mechanics, usage, grammar and spelling.

:pray:

And Teri is a college graduate, too. :roll:

Not to defend a Maxwell...but I do have to say one thing. Teri did spend many years and most of her children's lives homeschooling them. (Not that I think she should have but that is another story...) I could see that she would be sentimental about this. Her youngest is graduating and this phase is over. I think moving the cart was very symbolic of this. However, was this "post worthy?" Probably not.

I do wonder how Teri will deal with Mary graduating. Her life has revolved around being a "homeschool mom" and she is not one anyone. I imagine she may get depressed again...

I'm gonna figure out how to use my spy cam, go to a Maxwell conference with a 30 pack of Pepsi (wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper) and present it to Teri... and then put the video on Youtube.

Think I'll get kicked out?

This post is SO strange - I wonder if it's the Maxwells' idea of a joke? Oops, I forgot - jokes are fun, and we know how Stevus Lordicus feels about fun. :twisted:

Teri dear, if your heart "clutches" at the prospect of moving a piece of furniture from one room to another, you need to get out more.

This post is SO strange - I wonder if it's the Maxwells' idea of a joke? Oops, I forgot - jokes are fun, and we know how Stevus Lordicus feels about fun. :twisted:

Teri dear, if your heart "clutches" at the prospect of moving a piece of furniture from one room to another, you need to get out more.

It did cross my mind when reading it, if it was aimed at us....

Okay, I get felling sentimental about something you've had for so many years, but that post had a couple hundred more words than necessary.

Only the Maxwells could find Jesus-y inspiration in a microwave cart. :roll:

Not to defend a Maxwell...but I do have to say one thing. Teri did spend many years and most of her children's lives homeschooling them. (Not that I think she should have but that is another story...) I could see that she would be sentimental about this. Her youngest is graduating and this phase is over. I think moving the cart was very symbolic of this. However, was this "post worthy?" Probably not.

I do wonder how Teri will deal with Mary graduating. Her life has revolved around being a "homeschool mom" and she is not one anyone. I imagine she may get depressed again...

I think you're right about Teri getting sentimental. I've done that with my kid's toys and books as they've outgrown them.

While I agree that Teri identifies as a homeschool mom, I don't believe she's done much actual homeschooling for years, as her kids have been using textbooks and basically teaching themselves. I imagine she checked their work, but most of us do that with our public schooled kids.

I think she's still grieving the loss of her beloved Pepsi. This piece of furniture has a shelf to hold the can, for Chrissakes. She's been clinging to the hope that maybe she'll be able to enjoy Pepsi again, and now that the cart is retiring, so do her dreams of filling that shelf with Pepsi cans. She now has to deal with the fact that her Pepsi days are well and truly gone.

This is the most boring blog post I've ever read. :sleeping-sleeping:

Terri could have made it sound slightly more exciting if she said something like: Hey homeschoolers! Here is a great organizational tip that worked for us....

I thought it was a bit odd that she mentioned Pepsi :soda: specifically. Would a shelf for a drink be better? Did she not ever have coffee, water, a coke, etc?

All the studying supplies for all those kids fit in one microwave cart???

Fuck Steve Maxwell for taking away his wife's only happiness.

Damn, she keeps bringing the Pepsi up. Must suck to be unable to enjoy such a small, simple pleasure.

Then you must not know about Teri's PEPSI ADDICTION. You must go read upon it right now. It is bizarre. :drool:

This is the most boring blog post I've ever read. :sleeping-sleeping:

Terri could have made it sound slightly more exciting if she said something like: Hey homeschoolers! Here is a great organizational tip that worked for us....

I thought it was a bit odd that she mentioned Pepsi :soda: specifically. Would a shelf for a drink be better? Did she not ever have coffee, water, a coke, etc?

All the studying supplies for all those kids fit in one microwave cart???

Yes, take a look at their school schedules. Very skimpy on academics.

titus2.com/master-list-downloads.html

When people bring over food and drink after Steve passes, I hope some people bring cases of Pepsi.

post-4575-1445199787334_thumb.jpg

A 1980s microwave would probably require a pretty big cart!

Yes, take a look at their school schedules. Very skimpy on academics.

titus2.com/master-list-downloads.html

I can't believe she admits to having knickknacks. Something that's unnecessary and could be given far more attention than it deserves, what with the dusting and the enjoying. Watch out, knickknacks. There's room in the trash now that no Pepsi cans go there ....

I can't believe she admits to having knickknacks. Something that's unnecessary and could be given far more attention than it deserves, what with the dusting and the enjoying. Watch out, knickknacks. There's room in the trash now that no Pepsi cans go there ....

If she didn't have to dust her knickknacks, she might actually have free time or something.

Archived