IGNORED

That wife: Agnostic

flojo

I agree. This is why we still get people saying stuff like "Dad is babysitting the kids!" Whereas women are expected to like being with the kids 24/7.

Well, I disagree -- I think if the dad was home all the time and got a nanny just to have time to play on the computer people would think he was being a bum.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this post a few days ago. I kind of laughed. But then I thought that is what you do. Should I reply or not?

Since every post you write is based on you. Yes I am being a bit pointed. Jenna is a fanny but because you did the same now she is ok etc. Sometimes I so want to agree with you. But you are just so self centric I fail to see your point at times.

No. I am not a bloody expert on anything. We are all learning. The parents of those kids are my friends. Some have torn a strip off me. It's life.

I thought you were aiming for less selfish and more kind? After January that was what you said. I think you absolutely tried to pile drive on that Israeli girl because you did not like it. There I said it.

Take it on the chinny, chin, chin.

Wtf are you talking about? I didn't pile drive anyone, I believe I said you were an ass for saying people were intentionally misunderstanding because you understood. (Talk about self centered).

No, nothing is ok just because I do it. But I can't speak about other people's feelings because I don't live in their head. So when I try to explain why I don't find something objectionable I often use my life as an example of why I don't find something objectionable (or why i do find something objectionable)

You still suck for putting small children in shitty situation with their parents. Who the fuck does that?

And I somehow fail to see how posting on a bb would ever be selfish, so fuck you.

Wtf are you talking about? I didn't pile drive anyone, I believe I said you were an ass for saying people were intentionally misunderstanding because you understood. (Talk about self centered).

No, nothing is ok just because I do it. But I can't speak about other people's feelings because I don't live in their head. So when I try to explain why I don't find something objectionable I often use my life as an example of why I don't find something objectionable (or why i do find something objectionable)

You still suck for putting small children in shitty situation with their parents. Who the fuck does that?

And I somehow fail to see how posting on a bb would ever be selfish, so fuck you.

Whoa. :popcorn2:

I read Jenna's post on getting a nanny several days ago. Honestly? I think it's the smartest thing she's done in a while. I don't give a damn whether she plays Candy Crush or stands on her head while the nanny is there, as long as those kids are taken care of. And you know, just maybe it makes Jenna a little less selfish when she is on her own taking care of them.

Look, I don't have any trouble admitting I have "super mom complex". I was never keen on having much help and a nanny underfoot would have absolutely driven me up the wall. When my kids were small my husband and I took care of everything. But you know what? It doesn't have to be that way and that doesn't work for everyone. Just like so many other choices we make as moms: bottle vs. breastfeeding, cloth vs. disposable, working vs. staying at home...different things work for different families.

Jenna was making some poor decisions when she was flying solo. Now that her husband is traveling non-stop and her family is so far away, I truly believe both she and the children will benefit from this help. Does anyone truly believe (based on what we know about Jenna) that she will be better if she's on her own with a toddler and a newborn in a strange city day after day?

I have read that she needs to pull her head out of her ass, but I think that may actually be what she's doing. She has made some shitty decisions, but for once she is doing something that makes sense. I am sorry, but it can be exhausting taking care of two babies with no help day after day. Do we really hold it against her if she uses her time with the nanny on call to catch up on fb or nap? Honestly, she's still a person right? This might actually make her a better mom.

• 4 months later...
64m6qf.jpg

:lol: Girl 2 did that with her baby brother all the time. She'd climb into his crib when he woke up, play with him, and only climb out to get me and tell me to change him if he had a poopy diaper.

Did Girl#2 also have her iPad handy at all times? Because srsly, that's what every 2-year-old needs. I swear. There are still pre-schools here that don't have them. Those kids are going to be so undereducated without Angry Birds and greasy fingers on $500 gadgets. :o

No, but that's only because they hadn't been invented yet. The Girl now has playdates where the kids text each other from across the table, and play games such as "what can we make Siri say?" She's also willing to teach me how to use an iPhone as soon as I give up my Blackberry.

My 18 month old nephew has an iPhone to play with (his parents' hand-me-down when they upgraded theirs to the latest-and-greatest). I don't even have a smartphone yet.

Archived