IGNORED

Quiverfull Romney: (Holy CRAP did we dodge a bullet!!!!!!!)

clarinetpower

ETA: This quote kind of annoyed me:

Unless your husband is either not rich or non-existent, and then it's just lazy sponging off society. Republicans are so weird.

There. Fixed it for you. :)

THIS. And thank you. I do many things, and work part time, but my priority is taking care of my family. This was my choice to make and my husband was in NO way trying to force me to (he wanted me at work full time and I had to rebel and say no). It is hard. I think it's worth it, for me. It's what I want. And I am Christian but that has zero to do with it.

And here's a chihuahua. :chi-yes:

Are you saying you decided to be supported by him without his consent? How is that ethical? I didn't work between having babies and them starting school, but it was by mutual agreement and negotiation. He quite liked not having to go to the supermarket and I quite liked not having to wear heels. And as I reentered the workforce he had to cook more and I had to wear more makeup.

I had to remind myself who this person was and why I should give a fuck.

Typical Mormon bishop party line to the faithful.

Quiverfullness aside, I'm so glide this trifling man and his entitled wife are not in the White House. Never once during the campaign did I sense any level of kindness, empathy, thoughtfulness or compassion in these two. They'd make a horrible first couple.

Agreed! I breathed a huge sigh of relief on election night.

Are you saying you decided to be supported by him without his consent? How is that ethical? I didn't work between having babies and them starting school, but it was by mutual agreement and negotiation. He quite liked not having to go to the supermarket and I quite liked not having to wear heels. And as I reentered the workforce he had to cook more and I had to wear more makeup.

I supported him through 2 degrees in grad school, completely. He thought I would lose my mind if I wasn't working full time (because his mom couldn't handle it.) I knew I needed a break after teaching elementary band for 11 years non stop (plus teaching lessons after school, summer camps, summer lessons, college courses, etc.) I wanted time to discover who I was outside of my career. He doubted that I could do it without cracking up, and was convinced we wouldn't survive on his professor's salary. I am much more practical than he is, and knew I could make a budget and it would be fine. I am the planner, he is the "buy it because you want it and it's FUN!!!" guy. Then I'm the one that plans a way to survive afterward... So we tried it, and I was right. Don't worry, we have the strongest marriage of anyone I know, and I am not sitting home eating bonbons. I didn't lose my mind, either! And he admits, I was right about that and he's glad I stood my ground. (My husband is a feminist, BTW.)

But thanks for the snark! Amusing. :)

I get so ragey whenever I hear Mittens or Ann Romney smugly going on about how they made the decision to prioritize family and have 5 kids rather than Ann pursuing a career. They talk about how they chose to be poor when their kids were small because family mattered. But really, they paid their living expenses off investments they had from Romney's dad. Many couples can't afford to start a family right after graduation even if they really want to. Living off investments so you can have 5 kids and be a SAHM is not living poor, it's being incredibly lucky to be able to afford that option if it's what you want. Asswipes.

It's a very, very good thing he lost, the thought of him being president is too frightening for words.

And remember, vast numbers of the right wing believe he lost because he was Too Moderate/Too Liberal.

Archived