IGNORED

And yet more irresponsible gun owners....

BoomerLynn

This is sad :( So many young lives taken away, so many children who will have to live with knowing they killed someone.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just astounded at the photos of those guns for kids. PINK guns? Seriously? They look exactly like toys, they're probably marketed like toys and I have no doubt that's exactly how kids see them, as TOYS, not as weapons designed to kill. Sorry, you can try to teach a 5 year old about gun safety until the cows come home, but when you hand a kid a real gun that looks like A TOY, you're creating confusion and the potential for disaster. I'm absolutely disgusted.

My heart breaks for that poor little boy and what he'll have to live with for the rest of his life. His parents, on the other hand, will probably find some way to rationalize that IT WASN'T THEIR FAULT.

Exactly! They look like toys. Those kids probably had toys that looked like the gun. Who could possibly not see that as a recipe for disaster?

I have a sweet, bright 5 year old. The idea that you can teach a 5 year old gun safety and trust him with a deadly weapon is just stupid. 5 year olds do not have developed brains or impulse control. They cannot be responsible for handling a deadly weapon, no matter how they have been "taught". How can anyone who has ever interacted with a young child not see that?

I'm about to have my first FJ hissy fit.

I have a friend on facebook who normally posts the same liberal stuff I do. Lately she's been posting story after story about children shooting other children, and it is beginning to enrage me. After Columbine, the school shootings in Ar, Aurora,Newtown, etc I just don't know why our leaders are still debating gun reforms. What the hell is there to debate about? The preschool that I take my children to every weekday morning has installed a new door that only opens if a key card is used, and they have installed bullet proof glass in front of the reception area. At a preschool in a rural area FFS. There is something seriously wrong and almost obscene about that to me. I've never considered myself an activist ever. I'm usually a mild mannered and easy going chick, but I'm getting fed up with children being slaughtered by other children or mentally unstable fools who should have never had a damn gun to begin with. I'm reading and researching, and am going to get off my meek behind and try to make a difference. I've just had e-frackin-nuff.

Ted Nugent is a guncrazy nut, and his music isn't really that good.

well just like big tobacco

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/1 ... 48127.html

The percentage of American households that reported owning guns dropped more than 40 percent between 1977 and 2010, according to surveys by the University of Chicago's National Opinion Research Center. Among its efforts to reverse that trend, the firearms industry is working hard to convince children to embrace gun culture. Here's how.

The gun industry recognizes that kids are key to its long-term profitability.

In 2008, the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the gun industry's major trade group, launched an initiative called TaskForce 20/20, designed to increase the numbers of hunters and target shooters by 20 percent in five years. Recruiting and retaining young shooters were notable parts of the plan.

Archived