IGNORED

Plan B over the Counter Question

Mama Mia

For the respect of the title subject of this thread, I see my comments are not staying with the subect, so I will leave no more comments. Unless it has to do with over the counter comments for Plan B. Thanks for your concern for my future kids!

We never stay on topic here so no need to use this as an excuse to not continue the conversation. Most likely the way you are going to find out your 15 year old is having sex is when she is pregnant. So what would you do to your 15 year old who ended up pregnant? How would you punish her?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We never stay on topic here so no need to use this as an excuse to not continue the conversation. Most likely the way you are going to find out your 15 year old is having sex is when she is pregnant. So what would you do to your 15 year old who ended up pregnant? How would you punish her?

Ok.

"Most likely" I would find out my 15 year old is having sex is by pregnancy? How do you have such "most likely" statistics? Maybe this is true where you live, but here we find out who teens are having sex because the gossip of the teens, the condom papers in the bath room, the catching them in the car doing it, the lying they are sleeping at friend house but they sleeping with boyfriend because they confess lol so many many ways.

If I had a 15 year old pregnant daughter, it is too late then for punishment. In that case I would care for her after baby is born, she will still be treated as a child where I would increase being strict. No alone time with boys for her own good. If she can not control her self to say no to sex, then she can not control her self to be alone with boys. That means she is too young=no self control

But any daughter I have will be my spoiled girl, my princess, EXCEPT for I will be strict for her getting naked with boys at 15. But how ever Americans do it is ok with me. Your kid your rules.

But any daughter I have will be my spoiled girl, my princess, EXCEPT for I will be strict for her getting naked with boys at 15. But how ever Americans do it is ok with me. Your kid your rules.

Good luck with this. Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Good luck with this. Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Thank you. I am my mama's princess, too, so I have a good teacher. By the way I am a princess who was IDF soldier for 2 years, so am strong and sweet at the same time. :)

Ok.

"Most likely" I would find out my 15 year old is having sex is by pregnancy? How do you have such "most likely" statistics? Maybe this is true where you live, but here we find out who teens are having sex because the gossip of the teens, the condom papers in the bath room, the catching them in the car doing it, the lying they are sleeping at friend house but they sleeping with boyfriend because they confess lol so many many ways.

If I had a 15 year old pregnant daughter, it is too late then for punishment. In that case I would care for her after baby is born, she will still be treated as a child where I would increase being strict. No alone time with boys for her own good. If she can not control her self to say no to sex, then she can not control her self to be alone with boys. That means she is too young=no self control

I like you Oil. Not to sound patronising, I just do. But I think you are going to suffer the big we know you are a different culture but will hang you anyway FJ thing.

I get what you are saying. I'm just not sure the concept of community is as common in other cultures. It used to be and is in my opinion a good thing. I think though that what people are asking is, is it not more important to prevent or educate against pregnancy, not necessarily sex. Ideally I would really hate my daughter to have sex at 15 (she is 10 right now) But I think educating her about contraceptive, consequences and how it may effect her life rather than just saying no and no. Not allowed. I want to teach her respect for herself and also realise youth does not take that into account. So I also want to protect her from maybe as you said making that mistake, without the responsibility of having to make a decision she may have to make regarding a child. Education is never a bad thing.

Is there no teenage pregnancy in Tel Aviv, or comparably is it lower than other large cities in the world?

How do you raise a child to be a princess? Would you spoil your sons too? I'm wondering if this means something different than what it means here. Spoiled, princess children here are nightmares to be around because they feel like they are entitled to every little thing.

All the rules, grounding, shaming, saying no alone time with boys didn't stop my sister from having sex at a young age. If a person wants to have sex, they will. We were living in a tight, close knit community where having sex before marriage would pretty much send you to hell and get you shunned. But it still happened.

I don't want my kids to start having sex at 15, but I am realistic that no matter how much I try to stop them, if they want to have sex they will. And they need to be educated so if they do have sex, then they will lessen the chances of pregnancy. And even though I might encourage them to wait till they are older, I want them to not be afraid to talk to me.

I think though that what people are asking is, is it not more important to prevent or educate against pregnancy, not necessarily sex.

Is there no teenage pregnancy in Tel Aviv, or comparably is it lower than other large cities in the world?

I like this to make me think. I can't say what is more important:

Teaching them no sex or else

Prevent pregnancy

Educate against pregnancy

Educating against pregnancy is great, I got that education at the same time as better-not-have-sex-at 15 talk. Preventing pregnancy? Yes, for any future sons/daughters I will have to take this into accounting. I am not stupid so I will be smart of this subect, I promise to all the women. For my daughter's protection of pregnancy and also to teach her she must be responsible for her reproduction.

Teen pregnancy here, you know what, a couple of years ago I remember hearing more about teen pregnaqncy which is not often. All of a sudden it was like rising. Who knows why, some people blame immigrants, but I don't know. Just that to answer your question, it is not common for teen pregnancy. I am 24, I was teen age not long ago, and I was very social with a lot of many many friends. Common is masturbation to each other but not intercourse. But when the girls are graduated to go into university, the first thing is to get BIRTH CONTROL and have lots of sex yahoo!!

:clap:

Here a problem is hepatitis from sexually transmission, so that is a bigger concern.

How do you raise a child to be a princess? Would you spoil your sons too? I'm wondering if this means something different than what it means here. Spoiled, princess children here are nightmares to be around because they feel like they are entitled to every little thing.

All the rules, grounding, shaming, saying no alone time with boys didn't stop my sister from having sex at a young age. If a person wants to have sex, they will. We were living in a tight, close knit community where having sex before marriage would pretty much send you to hell and get you shunned. But it still happened.

I don't want my kids to start having sex at 15, but I am realistic that no matter how much I try to stop them, if they want to have sex they will. And they need to be educated so if they do have sex, then they will lessen the chances of pregnancy. And even though I might encourage them to wait till they are older, I want them to not be afraid to talk to me.

To be a princess means you know that no matter what, parents will "have your back" lol, I like that saying. No entitlement thinking, though, because parents remind you every fucking day how hard they had life and the kids better apprectate the piece of bread on the table. But yes they tell me my whole life I am their princess, my two brothers are the princes, meaning that they will die for us and to give us the best possible life.

My way of thinking, from my culture and from my own thinking mind, there are no guarantees. My daughters and sons may be sexing at 13 but holy shit, they better run if I catch them. And no I will not hit them, just keep them at my heels! I am aware any thing can happen, but this is my plan as worked in my house. Shaming the kids is DISGUSTING, I am sorry for your sister. Even when my parents said don't ever disgrace me, there was a pleading love in the voice and not a hurtful way. I just want to be a good parent like all of you, but I will learn more as I go along and see what my future baby-daddy willl say about this topic, too!

I like this to make me think. I can't say what is more important:

Teaching them no sex or else

Prevent pregnancy

Educate against pregnancy

Educating against pregnancy is great, I got that education at the same time as better-not-have-sex-at 15 talk. Preventing pregnancy? Yes, for any future sons/daughters I will have to take this into accounting. I am not stupid so I will be smart of this subect, I promise to all the women. For my daughter's protection of pregnancy and also to teach her she must be responsible for her reproduction.

Teen pregnancy here, you know what, a couple of years ago I remember hearing more about teen pregnaqncy which is not often. All of a sudden it was like rising. Who knows why, some people blame immigrants, but I don't know. Just that to answer your question, it is not common for teen pregnancy. I am 24, I was teen age not long ago, and I was very social with a lot of many many friends. Common is masturbation to each other but not intercourse. But when the girls are graduated to go into university, the first thing is to get BIRTH CONTROL and have lots of sex yahoo!!

:clap:

Here a problem is hepatitis from sexually transmission, so that is a bigger concern.

Really good point.

Because despite all the talk about Plan B. Strangely when I read this thread and thought of my child having sex which let's face it was not my happy thought of the day. It is NEVER my first thought about unwanted pregnancy, it is always about safety. Granted that is probably due to my job. But my first thought is always sexual health. Health really. Chemical contraceptive to me is always a back up. My first lesson to my child will be regarding that.

I like this discussion, learning opinions will help me for my future kids. But now good night, it's 1 AM and I am late to the club and Saturday night began with out me! Shalom!

I like this discussion, learning opinions will help me for my future kids. But now good night, it's 1 AM and I am late to the club and Saturday night began with out me! Shalom!

Shit I feel old. Shalom my arse. I'm just jealous now :lol:

lol 15 is not old enough to have sex "without my permission". If she did it and I found out, she would be punished. I live is a sexual promiscuous city for young people , but oh no I will not say "sure baby, you have menstruating, so you are old enough to have sex, have fun see ya later." That us fine for your daughter, but not for mine. All is hypothetical, as I have no children as yet and am not married as yet.

Let me get this straight. You're against Plan B being available to your 15-year-old daughter because you think the threat of punishment stops teenagers from having sex. You, my friend, are in for some rough surprises.

Let me get this straight. You're against Plan B being available to your 15-year-old daughter because you think the threat of punishment stops teenagers from having sex. You, my friend, are in for some rough surprises.

No you did not get this straight. :lol: Try again.

No you did not get this straight. :lol: Try again.

Correct me, then. Why are you against Plan B being available to 15-year-olds?

it's about acknowledging that teenagers will have sex, so the role of the parent is to equip them to make the safest, and most appropriate choice.

Not all of them will, though.

Shit I feel old. Shalom my arse. I'm just jealous now :lol:

I'm too old to even be jealous. You couldn't pay me to be heading out for the night at midnight any more.

Correct me, then. Why are you against Plan B being available to 15-year-olds?

I'm not.

Not all of them will, though.

Are you, uber frau, saying parents who tell their kids they better control themselves and not get naked and open their legs, that those parents are not going to eqiup them to make safest and appropriate choice? The safest choice to equip them with is teaching them to CONTROL them selves and keep the penis out of the vagina. Give the teenagers some credit, LOL.

But if parents want to buy their 14 and 13 year old some condoms and Plan B and lube to help the slide, it's ok too. My kid my way, your kid your way. I believe in freedom of parenting. 8-)

I wonder how the FDA determined that 15 was the age at which girls would be able to understand how Plan B works given that most of the ADULT WOMEN I've had the misfortune to get into Facebook discussions about this topic with over the past few days don't understand that Plan B isn't an abortion pill even after my repeated attempts to explain how it actually works and linking to studies and all kinds of good stuff like that :doh:

I hope to goodness that someone with some actual knowledge is teaching the teenage girls of today and will be teaching the teen girls of tomorrow. I know that mine will have correct info, but if today's adult women are any indication, most will not.

That's really my only concern about it. I believe that it should be available for any age, not just 15+, but it'd be nice to have some comprehensive (and ACCURATE) sex ed to go along with the contraception.

I'm too old to even be jealous. You couldn't pay me to be heading out for the night at midnight any more.

I think you had your fun so now its my turn, and will end when I have to watch out for my future teenagers getting pregnant, so in the now time I drink and dance all night! :lol:

Are you, uber frau, saying parents who tell their kids they better control themselves and not get naked and open their legs, that those parents are not going to eqiup them to make safest and appropriate choice? The safest choice to equip them with is teaching them to CONTROL them selves and keep the penis out of the vagina. Give the teenagers some credit, LOL.

But if parents want to buy their 14 and 13 year old some condoms and Plan B and lube to help the slide, it's ok too. My kid my way, your kid your way. I believe in freedom of parenting. 8-)

Why not do both? Teach them that not having sex is the safest, teach them that there are safe alternatives to sex like masturbation, but make condoms and birth control accessible to protect them if they decide to have sex. That's what keeps them safest. Maybe skip the implication that teens who have sex are out of control, too. Trust me, teenagers have pretty fine-tuned bullshit detectors, and it's bullshit that people who choose to have sex do so because they lost control of something.

I can't wrap my head around parents compromising their kids' health and safety because they'd prefer they not have sex. Seriously. It's your mere preference vs. your kid's safety!

Why not do both? Teach them that not having sex is the safest, teach them that there are safe alternatives to sex like masturbation, but make condoms and birth control accessible to protect them if they decide to have sex. That's what keeps them safest. Maybe skip the implication that teens who have sex are out of control, too. Trust me, teenagers have pretty fine-tuned bullshit detectors, and it's bullshit that people who choose to have sex do so because they lost control of something.

I can't wrap my head around parents compromising their kids' health and safety because they'd prefer they not have sex. Seriously. It's your mere preference vs. your kid's safety!

Minerva, some thing here on FJ I notice a lot is people jumping to conclusions or maybe better way to say it is they presume on purpose in a negative way. Like this: I never said I was opposed to Plan B being available for 15 year old girls. Also you say I will deliberately compromise my kids safety. Not true.

This is how I feel: condoms are every where. Postinor-2 and Postinor (Israeli Plan B pills) are every where and for free from free health care. My future kids will have protection and safety right there if they don't control them selves for sex at 15. But you know what, some kids have sex at 12 and they have to 15 to get Postinor from the pharmacy or clinic. So should I buy it and put it in their bed room drawer when they are 12 just in case they sex?? Where is the line of parenting?

I am not a moron, I will keep my kids safe and not just say KEEP THE ZAYINS OUT OF THE KOOS!!! But I will do it in my own way and not how this FJ tells me to do.

Any way, it's our tradition to control out self, just hand job each other until we get to uni or military, and then we have the best sex party! So my kids will have this to look for when they are 17! I hope you understand my feelings correctly, Minerva.

Study on the sexual behaviour of teenage girls and their mother's knowledge/ attitudes in present day Israel.

http://www.dovepress.com/survey-of-opin ... mendation1

I think that you are in for a surprise, Oil.

I know this report, and we laugh on it WITH our mothers. :lol: This is not the way it is in Tel Aviv. Yes for Haifa, Jerusalem, Hebron and more. Sex talk is very open here with mothers and daughters. Maybe because we tend to be not religious here.

Listen to me, I promise I will be a responsible mother to my daughters and sons! Ok?! Maybe I will do a good job just maybe you will do a good job your way, or maybe we all of us will SUCK! I am not a crazy christian Duggar mother! :cray-cray:

Archived