Seriously. I was doing mental gymnastics to try to determine which of them could have possibly birthed the little toddler he was fawning over (which also felt very forced and faked to me). Maybe he has a younger wife who I was assuming to be a daughter, though.

Oh, gross. My mind didn't go there until now. I hope he hasn't married one of the teens I saw. Couldn't agree more about the scene with him playing with the little girl feeling forced. He reminds me of Roman from Big Love, and Roman ain't cuddly.

eta cause Bog Love aint Big Love

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got a chance to watch the second episode. Holy moley! So many opportunities for eye-rolling.

Becca is 22 and a stay at home mom in charge of 5 young children. She has to have bad days. Meanwhile, Marleen has to be jealous as hell when Becca goes off to Las Vegas to meet up with Isaiah after his 6 week absence.

And again with the talk about how God moves the women to make the choice of spouse. Only surprise! God only moves you to choose men that you have met-- and often it happens when you are 12 and you have a crush on your teacher. So how did Rose Marie get to be 18 without getting her "inspiration" from God? Maybe because she is the oldest girl of 18 kids and her family needs her to be a nanny?

Ezra should be encouraged to date outside the community, after all the odds are not in his favor. Hyrum says that the average mission is 2 years but then what? If the average plural marriage is 3 wives then out of 100 boys born, 66 will not get a bride, unless they marry outside of the community. Which is sad because one of the wives said "If you are not married, you are not complete."

What the hell is Hyrum wearing? Gold jacket, lace shirt, white vest, white pants. He hasn't a clue as to what Victorian men wore. He looks like he accidentally picked up a Captain Hook costume

Of course the Polygamists have a dance where the men dance with two women a piece. I wonder how many men had to sit that one out? Along with the dances, they play a child's game (Cat and Mouse) which is a little weird to watch since they are mostly 20 year olds in costume.

They also believe the nonsense about giving little pieces of your heart away, hence the no dating. But that only spokes to written dine a man married to multiple women cannot have his while heart to give each wife.

Polygamists, Plain People (Breaking Amish 2) and Evangelical Outliers (the Duggars): My idea of the heavenly trifecta. I just about had an orgasm setting my DVR.

Rosemarie's tow mothers who had their "revelations" about Crawley when they were his students is SUPERmhigh on the ice factor. Even though neither married him till 18+, ugh. Think of how this would be taken in mainstream society, if your teen daughter came home and said she was going to marry her math teacher? The part that bothers me the most though is that the town "brethren" have to approve the marriages. Control, control,control.

Rosemarie has a very unique but attractive look, but I think it's her hair that needs tweaking. The severely pulled back look is not that flattering.

Further in the episode .... hyrum has NO game. Actually used the word "chicks", ugh. Interesting when he asked the girl he danced with if she had hoped he ask her, the girl said "we can't say no, remember?"

Further in the episode .... hyrum has NO game. Actually used the word "chicks", ugh. Interesting when he asked the girl he danced with if she had hoped he ask her, the girl said "we can't say no, remember?"

He followed it up pretty quickly with "no, we're the ones that can't say no" or something to that extent (about marriage/"revelation")

Rosemarie has a very unique but attractive look, but I think it's her hair that needs tweaking. The severely pulled back look is not that flattering.

I had the same thought. I think the severe ponytail further highlights her bushy brows. Poor girl. I felt badly for her. She seems too shy to be picking a husband. I think she's going to get stuck becoming the eleventy-ith wife to an old man. I wonder if she's already been told that will probably happen, since she mentioned it in the premiere. And I can't imagine having my dad hanging around while trying to ask guys to dance and have a "revelation." Squick.

He followed it up pretty quickly with "no, we're the ones that can't say no" or something to that extent (about marriage/"revelation")

I know, it seemed pretty put-on.

It all appears assembled for the purposes of their own PR initiatives. Kind of creepy how the first couple of episodes were pounding on hot button issues so hard.

- See, we keep our boys! .. up to a point

- Women are in charge! ... up to a point

- Some of us are congenial... up to a point

Is this where reality TV becomes a propaganda train, oh wait... ... never mind. Asked and answered.

Rosemarie: She has a fabulous figure! I, too, think she is a pretty girl with very unfortunate styling. She reminds me of RebeccaEleventy a little.

Hyrum: My gay-dar is pinging like mad. David Waller might make a fabulous friend for him. I still am defrauded by young Hyrum. I think of him as "Hy-YUM."

Rosemarie's tow mothers who had their "revelations" about Crawley when they were his students is SUPERmhigh on the ice factor. Even though neither married him till 18+, ugh. Think of how this would be taken in mainstream society, if your teen daughter came home and said she was going to marry her math teacher? The part that bothers me the most though is that the town "brethren" have to approve the marriages. Control, control,control.

Her maths teacher who had already married one of his students.......

A bit off topic, but can someone illuminate me as to.what happened with the Hutterites and NG?

So, I was watching the newest episode and it turns out that once the women get "inspiration" or "a name" or whatever, they have to bring it before a council of men, elders I presume (not sure what it was called) to confirm her choice (which, of course, is not so much a choice -- even though they keep saying "the women choose" -- IF it is really from God, sorry, Heavenly Father.)

Bottom line, women really don't get a free will choice on who they want to marry -- it is all filtered through the menz. Naturally. :roll:

I found it interesting how Rose-Marie said she has never been into boys. I know she would not understand vernacular trends to know that would have another meaning, but she has never been attracted to a guy (in a town with Hyrum, let me add) and she says she's willing to marry a 70 year old. I really feel bad for her. I think she might be lesbian or asexual and she does know it because those are concepts unknown to her.

A bit off topic, but can someone illuminate me as to.what happened with the Hutterites and NG?

YES PLEASE!!! I have been wondering about that too. I heard early in this thread, that the show caused them all sorts of problems in the community?!

Please and thank you to whoever can explain. :)

YES PLEASE!!! I have been wondering about that too. I heard early in this thread, that the show caused them all sorts of problems in the community?!

Please and thank you to whoever can explain. :)

:text-+1:

Pretty please? Or a link to a thread?

In regard to the Hutterites. I believe the group agreed to do the show because they were having financial problems, and the elders weren't happy with what they saw or heard about what was being shown. They didn't do another season because they weren't in the red and risked being expelled by the elders. It's a shame because I liked most of the cast, and wanted to see what happened to them. I still wonder if Claudia went to college and if her mother continued to get in trouble for wanting her kids to be able to attend school and play sports. I know certain parts were faked, like Wesley's heart scare, but I think Claudia's family's predicament was mostly real. Wish they would just do an update.

I found it interesting how Rose-Marie said she has never been into boys. I know she would not understand vernacular trends to know that would have another meaning, but she has never been attracted to a guy (in a town with Hyrum, let me add) and she says she's willing to marry a 70 year old. I really feel bad for her. I think she might be lesbian or asexual and she does know it because those are concepts unknown to her.

Or she is just extremely shy and/or has low self-esteem. She may get the message all the time from her mothers that "God doesn't like hussies," "good girls act and dress demurely," and "looks are not important."

I agree that the elders of the church are deciding whom gets married to whom. Maybe Rose-Marie has had a few revelations and she was told that she "misunderstood God" or that "It was your own desires speaking, not God." You hear that crap enough times and you start doubting that you will ever marry unless it is to a 70 year old. Imagine-- it is like "Say the magic word and you win the prize" only in this case it is, "Say the magic name and you can get married."

I read somewhere that the storyline of Claudia potentially going to college was also faked, on the Hutterite show. A shame.

I read over at SWB that ol' Hyrum's facebook page is rather unpleasant. The programs editors were kind to him. He's immature, a homophobe -but lesbians are sweet- and makes jokes about little people. He aint so good looking to me anymore :disgust: . I would look for his page myself, but I'm too lazy :D

I think the we can't say no bit sums up how things really work.

Hi I missed this week show can some one give me arun down also Is there a new woman trying to marry into the you couples life? With Becca and Marlina ?

Archived