IGNORED

Jeffs recorded sex with his child wives - what an asshole

He is disgusting, and I wish they would just put him in the general prison population instead of keeping him segregated like they do with pedophiles in general.

Or force him to undergo surgical sterilization.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope he gets the max sentence, he is a sick man. I hope this trial doesn't last too long tired of him clogging up the area and because officials are afraid someone might off him before sentence, area around the courthouse are blocked off. Makes it a pain since its down town, and hard to avoid in places.

He will continue to be the prophet, a martyr for the faith, long after his conviction. The same people that let this happen to their daughters will continue to accept his leadership from prison. He will liken himself to an apostle imprisoned for the truth blah blah blah...

What a sick fuck...

I wonder how common things like group sex are in the FLDS.

If everyone thinks he's a pervert, they might kick him out as prophet.

It must be killing him to have a woman for a judge.

That and the 11 women on the jury (there are 14, they'll get down to 12 when it comes time to deliberate).

Also, Becky Musser, one of his father's wives, showed up to testify yesterday, wearing a long sleeved RED blouse. Warren banned red. And she wore her hair down and long. Good for her!

ETA: the last audio was played this morning. It was the worst of all, it was the actual rape of the 12 year old girl. Of course it was all couched in "spirituality" and so on, but it was apparently horrible. Members of the jury supposedly covered their mouths during the 21 minute recording. I would have needed a barf bag.

Even before Warren, the FLDS was a fairly sick organization. If a man got out of line, his wives and kids would be taken from him, assigned to another man and he'd be told to leave Short Creek and "repent from afar." It was a way to keep control. Warren just made things worse. One of his revelations (per the trial) was called "On the idolatry of toys" and was issued on Christmas day one year.

if there's a video of him engaging in sex with a 12 years-old there is no way he walks out without any charge... It's just completely difference cases...

Yeah. . . it was meant tongue-in-cheek. Clearly we don't plan to move to another country. And thank you, I'm very familiar with the CA case.

He needs a bullet between the eyes...

No, actually, the states of Utah and Arizona need to go in and bust up this multigenerational crime ring. And I say this as a former resident of Utah and current resident of Arizona. The authorities have been all too willing to look the other way. Never thought I'd say this, but Thank God For Texas Justice.

No, actually, the states of Utah and Arizona need to go in and bust up this multigenerational crime ring. And I say this as a former resident of Utah and current resident of Arizona. The authorities have been all too willing to look the other way. Never thought I'd say this, but Thank God For Texas Justice.

Seriously. One of the guys in my husband's army unit is from a polygamist family. Only to not get cought he calls his 50-something (take that JimBob!) siblings "cousins" instead of "brothers and sisters". He even invited us to go down for a weekend to meet his family(!!!). I (briefly) went to Snow College in Ephraim and I guess there were quite a few poly families in that area (Ephraim/Manti) that everyone joked about. Everyone just brushed it off like "Heh heh, there goes crazy old Jim the polygamist, hyuck hyuck" instead of people breaking the law and marrying children... Haven't met any polygamists here in good ol' Provo yet. ;)

It's like a bad episode of law and order: SVU.

The guy is delusional. What's sad is that the girls never had a say in any of this but were brainwashed into thinking this type of behavior is appropriate in the 21st century. I wonder if the girls will grow up and realize that they were abused and exploitated...or will they continue to live in their cult and think the Evil Government had come and taken one of their own? On one hand, I want the girl to shrug off their brainwashing and realize their life means more than as servant to a man. OTOH, living in ignorance may be more humane than realizing your family and support exploited and whored you out.

since the asshat is pretty horrible about defending himself. all he can do is threaten the court with letters from god. This is what gets me most about fundies no matter hat they do god agrees with them and he covers their backs. When they think that is what I mean.

He's threatening the court with letters from God because he's sucked up into his mind like Ziggy Stardust. He does not realize how big the real world is. The tiny artificial world that he constructed for his power fantasies is his entire reality.

Ann Rule has written about men like this--it's usually men because in this culture it's easier for men to go to such lengths. I would be interested to read her treatment of this case after it's over. However, she probably won't touch it with a ten-foot pole because of this creep's dangerous, obsessive disciples.

And also: These are the welfare cheats. The people who rant about MAH TAX DOLLAHS going to someone who dares to buy actual meat instead of subsisting on lentils and gruel don't ever seem to talk about the way many of these polygamist families support themselves. All of the wives except one declare themselves to be single mothers without support and draw government benefits thereby. They call it "bleeding the beast."

The thing is, the states kept alternating between "hands off" and going after them for polygamy, not for abuse and underage marriage. They'll never stamp out polygamy. But they could get the church leadership to reform on child marriage and be more cooperative with child abuse investigations.

Rant time: When the children were taken and all the mothers were appearing on television with demure eyes and baby voices and their own brothers speaking normally, and everyone was saying what an outrage against human rights it was, one mother, of a teenaged girl who was alleged to have been about to be handed over to Jeffs, bitched about how her daughter was all alone in a foster home and too young to be away from her mother, how could the evil state do that? If she's too young to be away from her mother she's too young to be passed off to a pedophile, you evil bitch.

Two allegations I had never heard of until recently:

That Jeffs raped three of his nephews as very young children, with his brothers witnessing (one of the nephews killed himself after he made the allegation as an adult).

That Jeffs ordered his own mother to marry him. After his father died, he ignored any way of choosing the next prophet, declared himself the next prophet, and declared that all his father's wives would marry him. One refused and one ran away. All the accounts I've heard say a- he ordered all of his father's wives to marry him, and b- only two didn't, and one was his mother. Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here or did he try to marry his own biological mother?

He's threatening the court with letters from God because he's sucked up into his mind like Ziggy Stardust. He does not realize how big the real world is. The tiny artificial world that he constructed for his power fantasies is his entire reality.

Ann Rule has written about men like this--it's usually men because in this culture it's easier for men to go to such lengths. I would be interested to read her treatment of this case after it's over. However, she probably won't touch it with a ten-foot pole because of this creep's dangerous, obsessive disciples.

I think that if he were really lost in this world he would not threaten with the letters, he would say they're arriving, but under the game he's playing of portraying himself as a god crazed guy, he's actually rational under there. I'm sure he's persuaded his wives will go get get him out of jail... or some'

Rant time: When the children were taken and all the mothers were appearing on television with demure eyes and baby voices and their own brothers speaking normally, and everyone was saying what an outrage against human rights it was, one mother, of a teenaged girl who was alleged to have been about to be handed over to Jeffs, bitched about how her daughter was all alone in a foster home and too young to be away from her mother, how could the evil state do that? If she's too young to be away from her mother she's too young to be passed off to a pedophile, you evil bitch.

I think that the authorities have been way too hands off and that probably is due in part to the 1953 raid on Short Creek where the authorities were taking children out of their mothers' arms and carrying them off and there the mothers were, looking all demure and wholesome in their prairie dresses and FLDS hairdos, singing hymns, and so public opinion turned sharply against the authorities and the public had great sympathy for the FLDS women and families.

So the authorities came out of that looking like assholes and the newspapers editorialized them and skewered them and so they just developed a rather hands-off policy. I think it is pretty easy to draw a line from 1953 to what we've got on our hands today.

So basically, in my view, public sympathy for these mothers is partially responsible for this god-awful situation that everyone nowadays thinks is just disgusting and terrible (which it is). Now society looks at what it allowed to develop and is appalled by it. I don't think we can afford to make the same mistake again.

I feel sorry for anyone born into a cult like FLDS is and is brainwashed their whole lives. I get it. But at some point, these women become adults and if they allow or facilitate these things to happen, even in order to save their mortal souls, they must be held responsible at some level. And they are often not just mere bystanders who are biting their tongues and hating what they see happening to their underaged daughters (not to mention sons). Frequently, they facilitate and even participate in these illegal/immoral acts and are no less responsible than the men in the community, who also believe they are doing or facilitating these things to save their mortal souls.

So no, not having tons of sympathy for the FLDS mothers these days.

That Jeffs ordered his own mother to marry him. After his father died, he ignored any way of choosing the next prophet, declared himself the next prophet, and declared that all his father's wives would marry him. One refused and one ran away. All the accounts I've heard say a- he ordered all of his father's wives to marry him, and b- only two didn't, and one was his mother. Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here or did he try to marry his own biological mother?

He did say all his father's wives (although I don't think he meant his own mother as well) should marry him - but it doesn't mean he'd have sex with all of them. Prophets of the FLDS have "married" women and never touched them or lived with them. They do it for convoluted religious reasons and to keep them away from other men. Wives of other prophets have higher status so especially after one prophet dies there is a huge rush to marry his widows. It gives him more authority to have the wives of the former prophet. Also, practically, these widows have no means of support and there are always lots of them so it makes sense in their minds to shove them off to someone who can take care of them.

According to Wikipedia, though, he did admit to "immoral actions with a sister and daughter." :shock:

Does anyone know what happened in the FLDS community in response to the 2007 taped confession he made saying he was never the real prophet? Did they just ignore that?

Edited to make clear, I don't think he necessarily DIDN'T have sex with his father's widows but there is definitely precedent for the marriages to occur without any sexual contact.

Well, you know what they say- the man who is his own lawyer has a dumbass for a client.

I think Jeffs been living like a FLDS God for so long he's lost touch with reality. For him to make audio recordings demonstrated he had no fear of being caught breaking the law. Now that he actually was caught, he's claiming religious persecution. Legally he knew what he was doing was wrong (he did encourage the girls to keep their love a secret) when other men did it, but when he did it, it's just God's will.

And the poster who mentioned the raid on Short Creek in the 50s is right, the government came out looking really bad and adopted a hands off approach ever since. I think the internet/information age has spread the word about FLDS (instead of them just being the plyggies in remote towns on the border), plus brave women like Carolyn Jessop and Elissa Wall leaving the FLDS and speaking out against them forced the government to finally take some action.

I think that if he were really lost in this world he would not threaten with the letters, he would say they're arriving, but under the game he's playing of portraying himself as a god crazed guy, he's actually rational under there. I'm sure he's persuaded his wives will go get get him out of jail... or some'

I think he's sane and not playing crazy. I think he's been the tin god of his little domain so long that he thinks he can intimidate anybody. He is using the methods that work on his mentally conditioned followers because that's his entire toolkit.

I wonder what his ability to run his cult from prison will be. That's what he's pretty much been doing, right? I know that despite his conviction he still has rights and maybe his ability to communiate with the outside cannot be taken away completely, but I don't think he has the right to be spending thousands of dollars on calling cards because he should not have that much access to a phone.

Thank Goodness, he was convicted, I hope that he will no longer be able to use the phone. On a few shows like Dr. Drew people are saying that the moms of these very young girls should face the courts. I don't know if that is going too far because the moms are also brainwashed but perhaps they should be made an example.

Archived