IGNORED

And the Duggar daughters' bedroom...

Rita

duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/tour-duggar-girls-room.html

Jill stands in place while the camera rotates. The bed count seems a bit short, but are those 2 double beds? Add an upright piano, and that room is full. Also, Jill wears glasses to study. Aw. Maybe her strange expressions are a result of trying to focus without squinting?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me that's just sad. Besides having no life and no ability to define themselves outside of their family, they can't even get their own private space? Personal property? Stuff that just belongs to one person? :|

yes, to remind them they are always being watched. some people have jesus in a frame they have jim bob. the issue for me is-I wonder if they feel creeped out and embarrassed dad or a picture of him at least effectively seeing them naked or in panties.

they actually have lockers to store particularly personal items and they do have at least some clothes of their own as jessa once said a certain jacket was hers and jinger was wearing it.

Hold the freaking phone. Do they have a picture of teenage Jim Bob on their dresser?!?!?

Yes that is what it looks like...kind of different!

it occurs to me that if the boys have a picture of michelle beaming at them masturbating must be impossible...you just don't do that with mom watching :naughty: and if they can get a boner with mom in the room...that is a whole creepy aspect I don't want to think about :ew:

Hold the freaking phone. Do they have a picture of teenage Jim Bob on their dresser?!?!?

Someone pointed out in another thread that there is one in the boy's bedroom too - way creepy... :wtf:

What do they have to talk about "until the wee hours of the morning?" Their experiences are primarily shared so it's not like they are telling the others about the things they have been doing. Hopefully they are planning their escape.

yes, to remind them they are always being watched. some people have jesus in a frame they have jim bob. the issue for me is-I wonder if they feel creeped out and embarrassed dad or a picture of him at least effectively seeing them naked or in panties.

they actually have lockers to store particularly personal items and they do have at least some clothes of their own as jessa once said a certain jacket was hers and jinger was wearing it.

How sad is it that they have a locker to store their personal items? Adult women who can fit all their most personal items in a locker is just so wrong. They don't even have personal drawers? You shouldn't need a locker unless you are at school or the gym. It just bothers me that they seem to share nearly everything. Jessa probably mentioned the jacket because it was one of the few things that was hers alone. I guess if one decided to run off they wouldn't take a bag of clothes because it would be considered stealing from the others.

What do they have to talk about "until the wee hours of the morning?" Their experiences are primarily shared so it's not like they are telling the others about the things they have been doing. Hopefully they are planning their escape.

Jed said something similar about the boys talking in their room at night.

What could they possibly be talking about?

I remember reading an interview with one of the Everly Brothers years ago where he said he barely knew his brother because they never actually had anything to talk about. They spent so much of their days together, there was nothing left to talk about by dinner. Like conjoined twins, they had no separate external lives to share with each other.

I see the Duggar kids like this. When you factor in the tattle tale threat, what on earth could they possibly have to chat about?

Yes that is what it looks like...kind of different!

Yeah, "different" is one word to describe it. Other words include:

1. Weird

2. Strange

3. Odd

4. The creepiest thing on the motherfucking planet

Maybe the Duggar girls should be set up with the Arndt boys. They can worship their respective parents while they have sweet, sweet fellowship.

And now I'm off to take a shower, Silkwood style.

Let's be fair here. There were two pictures on that table, and we could only see the one of young Jim Bob. So obviously, they also have a picture of young Michelle staring at them too.

See, the Duggars aren't sexist. They do it both ways!

Jill is looking more modern and 'normal' in the way she's dressed in that video, and more articulate than in the usual THs. Studying (seemingly of her own volition), a Gothard-approved plan to do midwifery in Latin America, can string a sentence together... My money's on her to be the one who escapes.

Also, just watched the tour of the boys' room. They have no nightstands or furniture in there! It looks more like a hostel bunk room than a bedroom that people live in every day. Maybe it's to make them more 'manly'?!

it's sad, when I first saw that moment between jinger and jessa, I thought "oh, that's cute, they're being kind of normal and fighting as sisters." now I see it as something more. jessa was possessive over the jacket because it's one of the only things she has that's her own. maybe that's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if she felt that way.

Jill is looking more modern and 'normal' in the way she's dressed in that video, and more articulate than in the usual THs. Studying (seemingly of her own volition), a Gothard-approved plan to do midwifery in Latin America, can string a sentence together... My money's on her to be the one who escapes.

Also, just watched the tour of the boys' room. They have no nightstands or furniture in there! It looks more like a hostel bunk room than a bedroom that people live in every day. Maybe it's to make them more 'manly'?!

I just watched the boys' room video as well and I can't imagine the funk coming out of a room shared by 9 boys, most of whom are just entering teenage-hood. I teach middle school and even the cleanest, most hygienic boys (and girls) can often have an...aroma.

How do this beds work out? Joy is in the upper bunkbed, Jinger and Jessa each have a single bed. That leaves two very small beds, must be Josie and Jordyn's, and two small doubles beds. Do Jana and Jill share with Hannie and Jenny? Johannah is as old as my daughter, I don't see her sharing a bed? But she is definitely to big for the tiny beds under Joy Anna?

I'm impressed that she seems to be taking real courses. It's doubtful that CollegeMinus would have physiology courses...

Liberty university has a physiology course on itunes U, complete with section on god designing your enzymes.

I just watched the boy's bedroom tour. If any child gets to go to college, please let Jedidiah go to a college in a big city far far away from his family so he can be happy. I'll be his alternate mother if he likes, he can give me his laundry and introduce me to his date and I'll give him motherly approval to be happy. Poor child, he looks so sweet.

How do this beds work out? Joy is in the upper bunkbed, Jinger and Jessa each have a single bed. That leaves two very small beds, must be Josie and Jordyn's, and two small doubles beds. Do Jana and Jill share with Hannie and Jenny? Johannah is as old as my daughter, I don't see her sharing a bed? But she is definitely to big for the tiny beds under Joy Anna?

There were five original beds, the white ones which each had the name of one of the oldest five girls. Recently we saw Joy in a top bunk with another bunk bed across from her. Assuming the original five beds are still intact, the bunk beds would add another four, for a total of nine. They seem to sleep wherever they want though.

Jackson has been shown sleeping in a girl's bed (his Jana Buddy's?) and recently on the floor of the girls' dorm. Since we hardly ever see him hanging with the howlers, I wonder if they bully him or otherwise don't want him around and/or if he's more comfortable staying at night with his buddy and the little girls.

JenniferJuniper wrote:

Jed said something similar about the boys talking in their room at night.

What could they possibly be talking about?

Maybe who's going to be performing for the film crew next, what they'll be doing, what they plan to say, and what they're not supposed to say. I can imagine the older girls sharing some light gossip about which of their friends are courting, engaged, or pregnant.

I hope its not wank material...

But seriously, how creepy is that, that Jimbob put pictures of a teenage him in his teenage daughters bedroom.

Dad is watching you. Always.

Im suprised there isnt a photo of Michelle and Jimbob inside the bathroom door, to make the kids uncomfortable when theyre pooping.

I'm not too surprised about the JB picture in the girls' bedroom. Lots of teens have pictures of their boyfriends in their rooms. And until the girls are married, Gothard say this is his role in their life.

Now I am going to go throw up.

Living in a bedroom like that would kill me. I need my own space! And I would never be able to sleep with people chatting in my room.

Archived