IGNORED

Interesting, Gothard rec'd his phd in 2004.

Justme

Ok, thats it. I've had enough.

I hereby declare the creation of my new online university, omnino inutilem. I will offer degrees in absolutely everything, including fields that dont exist. Would you like a PhD in bellydancing? I HAVE ONE! How about soda drinking? BLAM!

Now to make a website... and set up a paypal account... FJers get a discount but you have to supply your own paper and crayons.

Omnino Inutilem University Forever!

Never mind the fake PhD--I still cannot get past the basic fact that this never-married, childless, elderly man is considered a font of godly wisdom on marriage and parenting.

I've said it before, but it's for the same reason that teenaged SAHDs can pontificate on marriage and parenting. Experience doesn't matter with these people. Experience actually makes your authority suspect, because you might be yielding to pragmatism (which is a bad thing) rather than upholding the rigid purity of the "Biblical" "Principles" for "Life."

This is also why you can't argue with people like Kelly at GC about things like only having the number of chldren you can afford. She might frame some of her "arguments" in pragmatic terms, but she doesn't really care about that. It's a completely ideological position and reality cannot shake it.

AND this is why no one in fundie-land wants to listen to the second generation and the survivors. Our experience contradicts, or at least tempers, their ideology, and they can't handle that.

It makes me despair, really.

Thanks. Does anyone know the answer to the second part of my thoughts as far as who is set to be the sucessor.

I have no real insitght into who will replace Gothard, but there is a chance he doesn't want to be putting someone else in the "next in line" chair as that would weaken his own power. And, once he's dead, why would he care?

He may be worried about his legacy, but possibly not as much as he cares about his lifestyle while he's here.

I hope ATI dies with him and nobody else takes over.

David seems favoured by Gothard though, or at least is a good buttkisser.........at least if he does take over, the entire young adult female population of the ATI/IBLP HQ will sigh in relief.

Gothard's PhD? shitthatneverhappened.edu

<-------wearing no bra a.k.a. working on a doctorate in defrauding

See Also the pope :)

'Tis true, and I don't understand that, either, but the papacy is a title conferred on an already distinguished clergyman through a long-established process. Gothard appointed himself "pope" of ATI--but has thousands of followers/customers. Why? What are his credentials (other than said fake PhD)? What's so compelling about him that people would buy into his ideology? Or is the ideology itself, and the promise it sells of salvation and a safe and harmonious family life, appealing enough that the messenger's personal qualities just aren't important?

I've said it before, but it's for the same reason that teenaged SAHDs can pontificate on marriage and parenting. Experience doesn't matter with these people. Experience actually makes your authority suspect, because you might be yielding to pragmatism (which is a bad thing) rather than upholding the rigid purity of the "Biblical" "Principles" for "Life."

This is also why you can't argue with people like Kelly at GC about things like only having the number of chldren you can afford. She might frame some of her "arguments" in pragmatic terms, but she doesn't really care about that. It's a completely ideological position and reality cannot shake it.

AND this is why no one in fundie-land wants to listen to the second generation and the survivors. Our experience contradicts, or at least tempers, their ideology, and they can't handle that.

It makes me despair, really.

Sounds about right--and very scary. This seems to go along with my guess that the ideology is what is pulling the sheep in. It doesn't really matter who the mouthpiece is, or what he/she is like in reality. :?

William W. (Bill) Gothard (born November 2, 1934) 78

Dear Mr Gothard,

Just fucking retire, will you?

Moodygirl.

PS. I was right by the stage at a Hole gig in 2010, singing the words to all their songs - does that make me Courtney Love? A girl can dream, right?

On the other hand, at least Gothard is keeping some people from wallowing in college debt.

(j/k...discouraging education is wtfwrong.

I hereby declare the creation of my new online university, omnino inutilem. I will offer degrees in absolutely everything, including fields that dont exist. Would you like a PhD in bellydancing? I HAVE ONE! How about soda drinking? BLAM!

Now to make a website... and set up a paypal account... FJers get a discount but you have to supply your own paper and crayons.

I'd like to put in an application to study a phd in sleeping cats. This application will consist of sending in a hand full of jellybeans. My thesis will be a photograph of a sleeping cat. I won't spend 2 years researching, studying, writing, submitting x20000000

I'd like to put in an application to study a phd in sleeping cats. This application will consist of sending in a hand full of jellybeans. My thesis will be a photograph of a sleeping cat. I won't spend 2 years researching, studying, writing, submitting x20000000

I will accept your thesis and payment in jellybeans. However, we require that black jellybeans because they are the best.

ahahahaha PHD my ass!

In this case PhD=Piled Higher and Deeper

Doctorate degrees are a dime a dozen in fundie circles. BJU and Pensacola and all the small fundie baptist schools hand out honorary doctorates like candy to pastors that they want to reward. Even if someone actually "earned" the degree it's still nothing like a doctorate program in religion from an accredited university. It's laughable really.

Can i get financial aid for the paper and crayons... or how about work study.

Can i get financial aid for the paper and crayons... or how about work study.

Yes. Omnino Intutilem University is a for profit business. We are more than happy to sell you paper and crayons at 66.6% interest rate.

Is it a real PHD, or is it from a diploma mill?

COTLRCT? (College Of The Living Room Coffee Table)

Archived