IGNORED

Interesting, Gothard rec'd his phd in 2004.

Justme

Is it a real PHD, or is it from a diploma mill?

Well, it isn't accredited. Here is what they mention about him on the school's website.

Bill Gothard founder of the Institute of Basic Life Principles. Dr. Gothard has a worldwide ministry that includes many teaching facilities, Christian retreat centers and a hospital. His meetings have drawn thousands for decades. His Ph.D. dissertation became the foundation for his current book “The Forty Nine Commands of Christ.â€
lbu.edu/outstanding_alumni.htm

It seems he got his PhD in "biblical Studies" thought they don't list that as an option... but here is part of what they say it takes for a person to get a an advanced degree at their school. FOr a masters degree, "The program has the flexibility of combining professional development courses, workshops and seminars such as those offered by an employer with other academic course requirements. This allows you to optimize the use of your time for both your education and your profession." http://www.lbu.edu/graduate.htm

To get their degrees in Christian Education they say "This degree not only recognizes on the job training, but will also consider credit from seminars offered by ACE, Abeka, Alpha Omega, ACSI or other professional educational organizations. All students must complete a minimum of 30 academic credits through LBU in order to graduate. lbu.edu/education.htm

And he dares to all himself "dr."

Sorry, either higher ejukashun is ebil or its not, even if your PhD came after you finished your paint by numbers.

He doesnt obey his own rules, theyre just a tool he uses to keep his followers under his thumb and keep them churning out pretty new interns for him to play with.

If he let his followers kids go to college, theyd be too smart and would realise that he is full of shit.

Meh, if his sheep can already overlook him remaining single and childless while commanding massive breeding, I doubt they will care that he got a pretend PhD while decrying the evils of higher education.

What's really funny is the "why" behind him getting his "doctorate ". He did it because Kent Hovind supposedly has a doctorate and he wanted to be called doctor in publications. Ironically, I always heard that most of his papers and thesis work was...how can I say it diplomatically? A group effort? But, at the same time he was telling dads in ATI not to obtain advanced degrees because they were wasteful and took men out of the home too much.

Kent Hovind is the jailbird that fundies like the Andersons worship, right? I'm still new to all this.

We have a 'preacher' who comes in to drop off coupon books (which we just throw out, have told this guy over and over again we can't put them out, but he just keeps bringing them) once a month. He always goes on and on about his PHd. One day, while he was in line with other customers, one of them asked him where he had received his PHd. The guy bragged about how it just showed up in the mail one day, from some Bible College somewhere. The customer standing next to him had to turn around to hide her laughing. The gentleman who asked the question had to cover his mouth and cleared his throat. It was just one of those epic moments in life.

Education at LBU is based on the Judeo-Christian traditional approach in

contrast to the humanistic, shifting systems of secular education. We believe

the Christian traditional approach provides the student with the best possible

degree programs and methods of study. We seek to impart to you communication skills in language and knowledge of subject matter in the various academic

disciplines in harmony with Holy Scripture.

What is a Judeo-Christian traditional approach? Do they go sit and argue with the priests at the temple? Apprentice in carpentry shops? Sleep in the back of the church?

ahahahaha PHD my ass!

One undergrad arts subject probably requires more work than an entire masters from this pretend university.

That crazy bastard is a hypocrite in too many ways to count! I know where I would like to stick that faux-PHD!

Can I just say for one I am suprised he is still alive and secondly who is going to take over once he is gone. I mean after all he is what in his late 70's early 80's right.

The FJ collective should get one of these "PhDs" too so we can compete with Gothard on an equal footing. I feel that right now our arguments (coming as they do from superior intellects) are not being understood.

Can I just say for one I am suprised he is still alive and secondly who is going to take over once he is gone. I mean after all he is what in his late 70's early 80's right.

William W. (Bill) Gothard (born November 2, 1934) 78

There are at least a few diploma mill evangelical "colleges" Most offer distance learning programs which are nothing more than writing a few papers in exchange for a degree. A friend's husband "attended " here: newburghseminary dot com (sorry don't know how to break) He also calls himself "Dr." and advertises himself as a "counselor" in many places where you would expect someone advertising there would hold legitimate degrees and professional licenses.

Never mind the fake PhD--I still cannot get past the basic fact that this never-married, childless, elderly man is considered a font of godly wisdom on marriage and parenting.

Who needs actual experience when you have the Bible? I read some detective novels, as you can see I'm an excellent policewoman.

Never mind the fake PhD--I still cannot get past the basic fact that this never-married, childless, elderly man is considered a font of godly wisdom on marriage and parenting.

See Also the pope :)

William W. (Bill) Gothard (born November 2, 1934) 78

Thanks. Does anyone know the answer to the second part of my thoughts as far as who is set to be the sucessor.

Archived