IGNORED

Praying your child to death/Violates Probation (Merged)

salex

Okay, I have to say when I went to Kaiser with walking pneumonia, first thing they did was a chest x-ray. Why in the world would anybody x-ray a throat if the coughing was coming from their lungs?

I actually miss Kaiser and live too far from one to have their insurance now.

Oh and these parents deserve to be locked up forever.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People like this are trying to force god to do the parenting for then. Just like the duggers Truro fords god to control their breeding.

There's a vaccine to prevent this. That child should have never even had to catch the disease. And these people have the nerve to call themselves pro-life. This is why I sneer at every person who claims to care about life more than I do.

Whoever let them keep their children after the first death needs to take some responsibility.

There's a faith healing church in the suburb of the city I live in. They've had four children die in the last four years. The local DA is has prosecuted all of them, some have received jail time. Someone even made a wikipedia article about the church: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Followers_of_Christ

Maybe I should take a field trip one day and take pictures of the building or something for FJ. From what I understand, they don't let people who aren't children of members into services.

And they were permitted to procreate 7 OTHER CHILDREN -- all of which probably have or are at risk for significant health problems. Likely not to have any vaccinations or other kind of medical treatment, absent from the issue that Mommy Dearest probably never had any prenatal care (and the risks associated with that).

From their church:

fcgchurch.org/Messages/Pages/Healing%20-%20from%20God%20or%20Medicine.html

Many profess faith in Christ, but do not act in faith on His Atonement Blood for healing, protection, provisions, and other life issues. They say that doctors, medicine, and drugs are gifts from God—but the Bible does not say that, nor teach that. Bible Christians trusted God alone for healing.

James 1:17 â€Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above.†Drugs and medications would have to heal, and not ever harm, but statistics say that the major cause of death in the United States has been medical mistakes—over 250,000 die in hospitals every year from taking the wrong medication.

There is no Bible command to take medicine, but many verses warn against trusting in doctors or drugs. 2 Chronicles 16:12 “In the thirty‑ninth year of his reign Asa was afflicted with a disease in his feet. Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the LORD, but only from the physicians.†The king died two years later with no mention of repenting.

There is the woman Mark 5:26 who â€had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse.†Job called them Job 13:4 “forgers of lies, You are all worthless physicians.†The only mention of asking help from a doctor is when Genesis 50:2 â€Joseph directed the physicians in his service to embalm his father Israel.â€

I'm sorry, what? 250k people die IN HOSPITALS from taking the wrong medication? Ok, I'll give you there are medical errors, but how many MILLIONS live each year because they are given the correct treatment?

Some random ass king and a woman died under a doctor's care... yeah... and??? People die every day from diseases that cannot be cured. That doesnt mean that all doctors are worthless.

God said Exodus 15:26, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you."

The people were afflicted when they sinned, but were healed by God when they turned back to Him in faith. God is always faithful to His promise—Exodus 23:25 “I will take sickness away from the midst of you,†because He â€cannot lie†Titus 1:2 and He cannot change Malachi 3:6; James 1:17.

Now they're just cobbling random shit together.

A minister who claims to teach from the Bible, but goes to a hospital for medical help, is not trusting God in faith on the Blood sacrifice of His Son. The minister’s decision reveals his serious lack of faith. To preach that Jesus came to save us, but not to heal us, is false teaching—and we are to watch out for false prophets Matthew 7:15; 24:4; Mark 8:15; 12:38; 13:5; Luke 21:8; 16:17; Philippians 3:2; 2 John 1:8.

Our close friends should share our believing faith in Christ, and our trust on God for health, healing, and Heaven. Jesus said His true followers were those who did His Father’s will Matthew 12:50—and it is God’s will to trust Him for healing.

God sent His Son, to give His life on the cross, and to heal those oppressed by the devil Acts 10:38. If we accept Christ as our Savior, we also have to accept Him as our Healer, because Jesus defeated Satan who causes sickness. It is a definite sin to trust in medical help and pills; and it is real faith to trust on the Name of Jesus for healing. Romans 14:23 â€All conduct not based on faith is sinful.†God wants us to repent of the sin that caused the illness and to trust Him alone for the healing.

Jesus died to forgive sins, right? He didnt come to make the world like the garden of eden. If Jesus was supposed to cure the world of illness then there wouldnt be any... Sin does not equal illness. If it did, we wouldnt have babies with cancer or heart defects.

There is a great risk involved, when we trust Him for healing; we risk our life on His Word. If we can trust God for divine healing, however, we can easily trust Him for any lesser need. Jesus said “your faith has healed you†many times to encourage us to trust in His Atonement sacrifice [Matthew 9:22; Mark 5:34; Luke 7:50; 8:48; 17:19; 18:42]. We trust God to avenge our wrongs and to help us forgive people, because if we will not forgive others, God cannot forgive us Matthew 6:14.

Yes, there is risk involved in being STUPID. If you want to be stupid with your own body, then have at it. Do not inflict your stupidity upon your child.

Jesus said Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me, but loves his father, mother—[or anything] more than he loves me, then he cannot be my follower.†If we love some thing, some person, or some plan of the world more than we love God, it is because they have first place in our heart—it is idolatry. Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before Me.â€

The Israelites were under a lamb’s blood in Egypt as a substitute for the real Lamb’s Blood. Not one thing could touch anyone who obeyed the Word. â€When I see the blood, I will pass over you†Exodus 12:13 [all translations]. We are to trust in faith on the shed Blood of Christ, and then to act in faith on the Word of God, because the “preaching of the Cross… is the power of God†for us 1 Corinthians 1:18.

When Israel reached the Red Sea, they were still under the blood. God went ahead in a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire at night Exodus 13:21. They were trapped by enemies in back, and had a raging sea in front, but the blood provided a path through the waters.

Psalm 103:2-5 â€Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.â€

No matter what the test, trial, trouble, or temptation; and no matter how impassible the barrier, or impossible the situation—whether angry waves, a fiery furnace, a den of lions, or a physical attack of the devil—With God all things are possible Matthew 19:26. There are over ten Bible references saying “with God all things [certainly the healing of our body] are possible.â€

If god REALLY wanted us to do something. I mean REALLY REALLY wanted to get his point across, wouldnt he have said "Hey stoopid sheeple, DO THIS!!!!!!!!!" I mean, he made the fucking world, right? He defeated death and burns mary on toast and sometimes trees. He makes animals talk... He cant get his point across in a single fucking bible verse?

IF GOD WANTED SOMETHING TO BE CLEAR YOU WOULDNT HAVE TO COBBLE IT TOGETHER FROM ELEVENTY BILLION BOOKS AND PSALMS AND VERSES. IT WOULD BE LIKE THE 10 COMMANDMENTS AND NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN MISINTERPRET. :pull-hair:

edited to break link

Okay, I have to say when I went to Kaiser with walking pneumonia, first thing they did was a chest x-ray. Why in the world would anybody x-ray a throat if the coughing was coming from their lungs?

I actually miss Kaiser and live too far from one to have their insurance now.

Oh and these parents deserve to be locked up forever.

I have no idea - it was a horrible visit. Me, tired out already from lack of sleep because my baby wasn't well, some Kaiser intern fumbling around and deciding we needed a throat x-ray, then me being tasked into service to help hold down my by-then screaming/crying baby - it was a nightmare visit. This was the Napa, CA Kaiser facility and I had 99% bad experiences with their pediatric department (and one good experience). Ugh - how I hated that Napa Kaiser.

And if you did have a child who you legitimately thought was only mildly ill, and then they died, and you had to go through the trauma of the death and court and the publicity and all of that - wouldn't you be incredibly freaked out and rush your other kids to the doctor every time they as much as sneezed ???

Yes. My daughter almost died because we missed her appendicitis (she wasn't in any pain and it seemed like a regular old stomach virus!). She received Last Rites but thankfully after six weeks at the hospital she made a full recovery.

Ask me how many times I took a child to the ER if they vomited so much as once. I don't know... I lost count.

Do you know what I saw a great deal of while in the hospital? Christians! Modern medicine and Christianity are compatible.

Does the bible explicitly commands us to wipe our butts after each BM? No? Then why are people still wiping?

Does the bible mention having to breathe in an out between 10 and 20 times a minute? No? C'mon, true believers, why aren't you following the word of the LORD??

I still remember when my child, less than a year old, got pneumonia. It started off as a typical cold, sniffles, runny nose, then congestion. I took him in to Kaiser, but cheap ass Kaiser took an x-ray of his throat (???) and said he just had a common cold. That night, he was coughing and coughing. I lay there on the floor next to his crib and fretted, and suddenly realized "this is not okay." So I took him to the E.R. (a non Kaiser facility) and they diagnosed the pneumonia, gave him antibiotics, and we were home a couple hours later. He was able to sleep that night and was well onto recovery by the morning.

But I still remember laying there listening to him hack and hack, and wishing I could make it better. I suffered because I knew he was suffering. And then I realized "this is serious" and took care of the matter.

I cannot imagine just letting your child suffer on and on, until they finally die. Those parent do not love their children, and whatever beliefs they have, they clearly fall to the dark side. They had better both get some serious prison time for homicide. And I hope the judge that basically sentenced that second child to death does some serious soul searching.

Actually, there is a very good reason the neck x-ray was done. In children under 5 years old, the most lethal reason for respiratory distress is Acute Epiglottitis due to Hemophilus Influenza. As another poster pointed out, this is a vaccine preventable disease. In fact, if you only get your child ONE vaccine in their childhood, this needs to be the one. Once a child actually gets epiglottitis, their airway is at risk of closing off whether the antibiotics would kill the bacteria or not. We get a lateral neck x ray on small children in respiratory distress because we have only moments to intubate the child to save his/her life. THAT is why Kaiser did that neck x-ray. They should have also gotten an chest x-ray and diagnosed the pneumonia. However, the neck x ray in a child under five is the most critical.

I wonder how much of this is due to paranoia: that if they so much as let an EMT near their child the child will be taken away and turned into a member of whatever outsider group the preacher ranted about last week. I think that if one of these yahoos got mugged and a Good Samaritan who didn't look like them stopped to help, they would muster up their strength to try and punch him.

Does the bible explicitly commands us to wipe our butts after each BM? No? Then why are people still wiping?

Does the bible mention having to breathe in an out between 10 and 20 times a minute? No? C'mon, true believers, why aren't you following the word of the LORD??

The bible also is silent on teh internetz. They need to take down their website, its not biblical!

OK so the bible says stay away from doctors and trust only in god. Fine. Then, how come, when sick people go to doctors they get better but when they are just prayed over they die? Does god want everyone to die?

Actually, the Bible does have some commands about pooping. You're supposed to take a shovel to the outside of camp and bury your poop so El/Yahweh/God doesn't step in it when he visits. I think it also lists things that you're not allowed to wipe with (any type of foodstuff or bones, and some others) but I may be thinking of Koran instead. I'll see if I can find the verses though. Funny how so-called biblical literalists never pay attention to the rules about pooping, or the ones about mold in your house, or lesions on your skin.

ETA: I found the verses. It's Deuteronomy 23:12-14

12 Designate a place outside the camp where you can go to relieve yourself. 13 As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. 14 For the Lord your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you. Your camp must be holy, so that he will not see among you anything indecent and turn away from you.

So the creator of the universe is squeamish about a little poo, huh? Makes perfect sense.

:shrug:

So god not want to step in poo? Hey just like a human. But as god all knowing he should be able to avoid the poo.

If he hates it so much why not make it smell like roses and sparkle like rainbows?

Actually, the Bible does have some commands about pooping. You're supposed to take a shovel to the outside of camp and bury your poop so El/Yahweh/God doesn't step in it when he visits. I think it also lists things that you're not allowed to wipe with (any type of foodstuff or bones, and some others) but I may be thinking of Koran instead. I'll see if I can find the verses though. Funny how so-called biblical literalists never pay attention to the rules about pooping, or the ones about mold in your house, or lesions on your skin.

ETA: I found the verses. It's Deuteronomy 23:12-14

Sounds like advice they give you on back country camping trips.

Sounds like advice they give you on back country camping trips.

Yes, or like instruction in basic hygienic practices in a location and era when there was no running water and public sewer system.

OK so the bible says stay away from doctors and trust only in god.

Following that line of reasoning if we don't need doctors and medicine why does God allow them to exist?

Following that line of reasoning if we don't need doctors and medicine why does God allow them to exist?

And where is this "stay away from doctors" verse? I remember at least one story about the miraculous cure of someone who had not been helped by the medical knowledge of the day. Is that where they are getting this? Here it is, from Mark 5, New American Standard Bible:

21When Jesus had crossed over again in the boat to the other side, a large crowd gathered around Him; and so He stayed by the seashore.22One of the synagogue officials named Jairus came up, and on seeing Him, fell at His feet23and implored Him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter is at the point of death; please come and lay Your hands on her, so that she will get well and live.â€24And He went off with him; and a large crowd was following Him and pressing in on Him.

25A woman who had had a hemorrhage for twelve years,26and had endured much at the hands of many physicians, and had spent all that she had and was not helped at all, but rather had grown worse—27after hearing about Jesus, she came up in the crowd behind Him and touched His cloak.28For she thought, “If I just touch His garments, I will get well.â€29Immediately the flow of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her affliction.30Immediately Jesus, perceiving in Himself that the power proceeding from Him had gone forth, turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched My garments?â€31And His disciples said to Him, “You see the crowd pressing in on You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’â€32And He looked around to see the woman who had done this.33But the woman fearing and trembling, aware of what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth.34And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace and be healed of your affliction.â€

35While He was still speaking, they came from the house of the synagogue official, saying, “Your daughter has died; why trouble the Teacher anymore?â€36But Jesus, overhearing what was being spoken, said to the synagogue official, “Do not be afraid any longer, only believe.â€37And He allowed no one to accompany Him, except Peter and James and John the brother of James.38They came to the house of the synagogue official; and He saw a commotion, and people loudly weeping and wailing.39And entering in, He said to them, “Why make a commotion and weep? The child has not died, but is asleep.â€40They began laughing at Him. But putting them all out, He took along the child’s father and mother and His own companions, and entered the room where the child was.41Taking the child by the hand, He said to her, “Talitha kum!†(which translated means, “Little girl, I say to you, get up!â€).42Immediately the girl got up and began to walk, for she was twelve years old. And immediately they were completely astounded.43And He gave them strict orders that no one should know about this, and He said that something should be given her to eat.

We wishy-washy context-citing types are apt to point out that what the sick woman did to Jesus was a flagrant violation of Jewish religious law. She was horrifically unclean, and yet she reached out and touched his robe. What did he say to her? In the presence of all those witnesses, what did he say?

The same story includes another miracle in which the sick person actually died before Jesus got there. All of the other people there were convinced that she was dead. And Jesus touched the corpse.

If one wanted to, one could seize the only verse that even mentions doctors, verse 26, and jump over everything in between to verse 34, and ignore everything else in the story, and twist it around to say that this story is about evil doctors and good prayer. Or one could read the whole story without some fundamentalist pastor yelling in one's ear and notice that the story has several messages, such as the difference between being righteous under the law and doing good, and the power of faith to shatter what seem to be unbreakable barriers, and the plain need to reach out for help to other human beings when there is trouble instead of just sitting there.

But what do I know? I'm not a Real True Christian. :pull-hair:

Did it ever occur to these sorry excuses of human beings that doctors and medicine are answers to prayers? This kind of shit just makes my blood boil. I hope they get life in prison so that they can be forever haunted by the death of their children. :angry-teeth: :angry-fire:

Archived