IGNORED

It takes a Strong Woman

dairyfreelife

*Title capitalization and lower case letters are hers

It takes a strong woman to cheerfully submit to her husbands requests. It takes a strong woman to give up what she wants in honor of her man. Yes, it takes a strong woman to stand up for herself, but it takes an even stronger woman to stand up to herself. Tweet that.

She actually dares to put Rosie the Riveter on her post.

It takes a strong woman to respect her man. Why? Because we think we know better. We think what he is asking of us is just a bit crazy.

It’s easy for me to sit there and argue with hubby; after all, “he has noooo idea!†To sit back and quietly respect his request, no matter how silly it may be, takes a bit of strength. It’s easy to fight the outer man, but to fight the inner man (self) takes strength.

Why do these women act like any disagreement=disrespect? Good god, look up the definition of respect, please.

Now in my mind. A weak woman would’ve easily said “no buddy, this is how it’s going to beâ€. But the strong woman humbles herself and submits. Or, if you are like me, you grump and growl inside your head, duking it out with yourself, and then submitting.

I don't make my dog submit to the extent they want women to submit.

aproverbs31wife.com/takes-a-strong-woman/

Maybe it would help if they didn't marry douchebags?

If they married a guy who was worthy of respect, they wouldn't have to work so hard to respect him.

Maybe it would help if they didn't marry douchebags?

If they married a guy who was worthy of respect, they wouldn't have to work so hard to respect him.

This. I remember one man in particular at the church I was raised in, he was a sorry excuse. He didn't have a regular job to support his wife and family, there were rumors that he had been asked to leave previous jobs for sticky fingers, had a sour disposition, was arrogant, had to be right in all arguments or he would revert to being a childish jerk, and yet his word was law in his home. I don't know how his wife lived with him. He was arrogant and seemed to really relish his position of supreme authority in his household. I suppose when you really know that you don't have the world by the balls and you continually make decisions that backfire (ye gods at the get rich quick stuff!), you want to control things all the more. At five years old I knew he was a douche.

The thing is, she's not entirely wrong in theory. It does take a strong character to realize that someone else may have a valid point and that your way of doing something isn't always right. I'll admit that I do tend to want things my way, but sometimes my husband does have a better/faster/whatever way of doing something, and if I do stop and listen to him, things will end up better than if I didn't.

The difference is that sometimes I have the better/faster/whatever way of doing something, and he respects my opinion enough to listen to me. It's called mutual respect, which for some reason, these people do not care about. Why exactly is it termed "having a strong character" if I submit to my husband, but it's called "ungodly and weak charactered" for him to submit to me? I'd ask one, but it may cause them to have to think, and then they might overheat and explode, and I'd be stuck cleaning up the mess...

She's sort of right - but in a very different way.

A classic cult technique is to train people to effectively brainwash themselves. You don't just tell them what to do and what to think. You harness their own intellect and strong personality and train people to use it against themselves, by being constantly vigilant against any independent thoughts and feelings, which are considered to be intrusions by Satan.

If that's strength, then why don't men submit? And if they aren't strong enough to submit, why should I follow them?

If you like Star Trek, that's what we call a robot exploding paradox.

It’s easy for me to sit there and argue with hubby; after all, “he has noooo idea!†To sit back and quietly respect his request, no matter how silly it may be, takes a bit of strength.

Dear God, please make this woman's husband ask her to wear a full clown costume every day. I will believe in you if you just do this one thing for me. Amen.

I know this isn't a new notion, but it's just so glaring, once again:

These folks are scared witless of anything different. They have specific, limited and secure ideas of what men and women each look like, sound like, can/can't do, ad infinitum.

No wonder gay couples freak 'em out: "But, they are both MEN, and one of them is feminine!" "...both of those women seem feminine, but they are a couple in love!"

No wonder the rest of the world freaks them out: There are working wives and SAHHusbands who are happy and prosperous and some even go to church!

Anything outside their paradigm - women are weak (but strong if they let their husband make all the decisions), men are uniquely equipped to make all the decisions, skirts must be worn by women, pants must be worn by men (don'taskaboutkilts!) - makes them anxious, fearful, angry.

It makes me review my own life and outlook. Can I see a head-covered woman - mesh kapp or hijab - and remain calm and unthreatened? I guess if for none other, the complementarians serve that purpose. Keeping me watchful.

Archived