IGNORED

Lucky Canadians, prepare to be Inspired!

Dark Matters

I know y'all can't wait!

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2013/04/19/the-inspire-conference-coming-to-canada/

The Inspire! Conference, Coming to Canada!

Posted on April 19, 2013 by Sarah

We’re so excited the Lord opened doors for us to share in Manitoba next month. If you are in Canada and have been thinking about attending a Maxwell conference, we encourage you to consider this one. We aren’t in Canada very often.

This conference will be about an hour outside of Winnipeg (in Steinbach) on May 10-11th. Click the conference flyer for more details.

Posted on April 19, 2013 by Sarah

We aren’t in Canada very often.

And all of Canada cheers.

Ewwww. I just read the post this came from. What is up with the fangirl's "testimony"?

She goes beyond the usual leg humping. She asks her kids how the Maxwells are different from other families they know. Then it hits her while she watches them sing. "That's Jesus! I see Jesus in them!" Well, if Jesus is a control freak, his depressed wife and 6 emotionally stunted adult children, then yes, I guess you can see Jesus in them.

And how immodest of Sarah to print this testimony ( how is it a "testimony" anyway?). Apparently there's also a part II of this fawning email yet to come.

It's in Steinbach? Ha! I know some people that will likely go to that then.

If you are in Canada and have been thinking about attending a Maxwell conference, we encourage you to consider this one. We aren’t in Canada very often.

This conference will be about an hour outside of Winnipeg (in Steinbach) on May 10-11th. Click the conference flyer for more details.

I guess the Maxwell's SOTDRT wasn't real big on North American geography if Sarah thinks southern Manitoba is a reasonable trip for anyone living in Canada. Those seeking inspiration who live in northern Minnesota, eastern North Dakota might want to make the trek to Steinbach, but for most of Canada, however, that's quite a journey!

I guess the Maxwell's SOTDRT wasn't real big on North American geography if Sarah thinks southern Manitoba is a reasonable trip for anyone living in Canada. Those seeking inspiration who live in northern Minnesota, eastern North Dakota might want to make the trek to Steinbach, but for most of Canada, however, that's quite a journey!

Yeah, it's just 2800 km away from me. I'll be sure to attend. :roll:

Yeah, it's just 2800 km away from me. I'll be sure to attend. :roll:

And let's not forget - it's Steinbach. To quote a couple of teenagers I know - "Like, come ON! As if!"

If they ever decided to venture to Toronto (or surrounding areas) I'm there!

I'd love to take Sarah for a stroll around Queen St. W. :pink-shock:

Steinbach is one of the smaller cities in Manitoba, and it's one of them that's affectionately referred to as "Mennoniteville". I live in Winnipeg, about an hour away. Darn, I already made plans for the Friday evening......and Saturday I work! But we'll see if anyone I know goes, and how they change their lives as a result.

Hey, there's a Bible college there. I wonder if any students from there go. Praying that the truth is revealed and sets them free. :D

Oh, boy, I can't wait! After paying about $600 to hop over from Toronto, it's sure to be worth it! Gooo Maxwells!

Fist time posting. I never thought I would be so happy to not have a car. I also hope that they go sightseeing in down town Winnipeg, it would be quite the eye opener for them.

I loved Winnipeg... though I think my father should've waited till I was old enough to remember it better (I was only 7) but remember really liking it. I'd love to go back someday...

Oh darn. I'm just too far away over here in Southern Ontario to make it a worth wile trip.

Shucks. Maybe if XGG and DoubleD get that motor coach they're praying for, they can swing by and pick me up!!

I'll host the FJ after party at my house. :D Sure it's a three hour drive, but I'm game.

If my husband let's me attend the weekend, that is.

We have one of those "traditional" marriages where he keeps forbidding me from attending Maxwell conferences but encourages alcohol, post-secondary education, and me making my own decisions about my life (as though I am some sort of adult). Why does he stifle me so?

I'll host the FJ after party at my house. :D Sure it's a three hour drive, but I'm game.

If my husband let's me attend the weekend, that is.

We have one of those "traditional" marriages where he keeps forbidding me from attending Maxwell conferences but encourages alcohol, post-secondary education, and me making my own decisions about my life (as though I am some sort of adult). Why does he stifle me so?

Damn husbands, mine wouldn't let me go stalking David and Priscilla when they were in Sydney either. For some reason he thinks trying to encounter fundie lunatics from the Internet is crazy....,

Damn husbands, mine wouldn't let me go stalking David and Priscilla when they were in Sydney either. For some reason he thinks trying to encounter fundie lunatics from the Internet is crazy....,

I feel your pain. Mine won't let me go either, even though I'm only about 1100 miles away. Damn killjoy, caring more about the rent and food budget instead of my salvation,

And let's not forget - it's Steinbach. To quote a couple of teenagers I know - "Like, come ON! As if!"

What's a measly 2800 km when you have the opportunity to be INSPIRED? Steve THE LORD is calling you to pull on your frumper (or button-down shirt and khakis) and your Keds, and fellowship with the Maxwells.

I'm still waiting for them to be called by THE LORD to come to NYC. Surely there is at least one fundie group that could be INSPIRED! to host them? I will so.be.there if it happens. Sadly, it would be impossible to explain to my employer that I need time off to go to Manitoba to stalk be saved by the Maxwells...

Arg!!! I moved away from Winnipeg a year and a half ago. Were I still there, I totally would have been up for going. I found FJ because of the Duggars, but the Maxwells have quickly become my new fascination.

There was this really cheesy advertisement on AM radio stations in Winnipeg for a Steinbach car dealership in the 90s, which always ended with the slogan, "it's worth the trip to Steinbach!" From Winnipeg, mind you, to get a good deal on a car. I don't think they ever imagined this slogan would apply to Canada as a whole. Assuming this is a convenient location for all Canadians is basically the geographic equivalent of thinking it is reasonable for Americans from Oregon, Maine and Texas to drive up to Chicago for a conference.

(let's say you live in St. Johns, Newfoundland: that's a mere 4700 km trip to Steinbach! Vancouver to Steinbach is 2600 km. Portland OR to Chicago is 3600 km. Portland Maine: 1700 km. Austin TX : 1800 km).

edited to fix a random capitalization.

eeep....that's my hometown, and I live only an hour away in Winnipeg. I'm going to have a newborn, though, and my stomach is not strong enough to handle this level of stuff.

Steinbach is really not giving itself a good name nowadays. Our province is currently embroiled in a debate over an anti-bullying bill, and one of Steinbach's most prominent churches is throwing fits about it.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/ ... 17061.html

Archived