IGNORED

Watching the 700 Club

slh12280

So, I finally had the opportunity to watch an entire episode of the 700 Club. I wouldn't say the whole thing was crazy but Pat sure does have a knack for rambling.

Highlights:

*When discussing the bombings Pat managed to sneak in a crack about "dark skinned Arabs" and how we shouldn't be politically correct.

*He mentioned spring coming and said: "I think wasps are nice creatures."

*He implied that people would have an easy life filled with blessings if only they would believe the way he does.

*He talked a lot about helping people which was then a segway into how you could help the 700 Club by calling the number and blah, blah, blah....

*Quote: "dungeons and dragons have destroyed many lives."

*He said that on his next show he was going to have a man with a crippled hand who was instantaneously healed.

He is just odd.

That man is crazy, and he can bite me dungeons and dragons helped me immensely as a teen, in fact I wouldn't of had any friends in highschool if I hadn't joined the DnD club lol.

Highlights:

Seriously, does anyone know anyone whose life was destroyed by dungeons and dragons? Please.

My hair girl always has this on, and the best part of it is waiting for that old loonbag Robertson to pop off with something completely insane.

Seriously, does anyone know anyone whose life was destroyed by dungeons and dragons? Please.

I know a person who failed out of his first year of college playing multi-user dungeon computer games in lieu of sleeping or going to class. But MUD isn't D&D, and as much as I wouldn't want to fail out of college, I wouldn't call it the same as "destroying one's life."

No, the opposite. I was talking to one of the librarians this week, she mentioned that her daughter was having a hard time with percentages in math - until they got her started on gaming (D&D or something similar I guess, I didn't get details and it's been a while since we played D&D here). Good motivation to understand percentages, apparently. :)

In a weird way, he's kind of a genius. He claims to have this healing powers (or the ability to get healing handed out from Jesus) and if someone doesn't get healed, it's because they didn't have enough faith... That person may then feel inspired to watch more of his crap in order to become a real believer or whatever.

He's good with sheeple I guess.

When I was a little kid, I turned on 700 Club not knowing what it was. It scared me and made me cry. My mom had to turn it off and explain, with lots of hugs, that what they were saying about the end of the world wasn't real. That show still kinda traumatizes me.

That one kid in the movie about weird happenings in steam tunnels one time. And that other kid whose mother insisted that he only took his own life because he had played D&D, and being a college freshman at 15, gay in the '80s, and having his mother leave her pistol on her nightstand had nothing to do with it, nope.

I just can't watch that show without having my insides twist in spiritual discomfort. When they start praying I just want to throw something at the damn Pharisees. Yeah, I have issues from my raising.

In a weird way, he's kind of a genius. He claims to have this healing powers (or the ability to get healing handed out from Jesus) and if someone doesn't get healed, it's because they didn't have enough faith... That person may then feel inspired to watch more of his crap in order to become a real believer or whatever.

He's good with sheeple I guess.

They don't call them a flock for nothing. a good leader has full control of the sheeple/flock and can fleece them at will.

So, I finally had the opportunity to watch an entire episode of the 700 Club. I wouldn't say the whole thing was crazy but Pat sure does have a knack for rambling.

Highlights:

*When discussing the bombings Pat managed to sneak in a crack about "dark skinned Arabs" and how we shouldn't be politically correct.

*He mentioned spring coming and said: "I think wasps are nice creatures."

*He implied that people would have an easy life filled with blessings if only they would believe the way he does.

*He talked a lot about helping people which was then a segway into how you could help the 700 Club by calling the number and blah, blah, blah....

*He said that on his next show he was going to have a man with a crippled hand who was instantaneously healed.

He is just odd.

Dungeons and dragons HAS, no have. It's singular Nort plural.

And yes, in fairy tales, dragons DO kill people. Real life dungeons can cause death, depending. So yes, since your made them plural by the word have instead of has, you are technically correct... Technically.

"I think wasps are nice creatures."

Not for those who are deathly allergic to them, asshole!

Well, it is how :dance: I met Mr. Dawbs...

:lol:

I can't remember if it was the 700 Club, or just a similar show on a Christian network, but I once watched a discussion about how doing yoga was evil, and that "they're" just trying to infiltrate the minds of young people by promoting its practice. Apparently one minute you're doing yoga, the next you're devil-worshipping and having sex outside of marriage. I seriously kept waiting for the part where they revealed it was all a joke.

I can't remember if it was the 700 Club, or just a similar show on a Christian network, but I once watched a discussion about how doing yoga was evil, and that "they're" just trying to infiltrate the minds of young people by promoting its practice. Apparently one minute you're doing yoga, the next you're devil-worshipping and having sex outside of marriage. I seriously kept waiting for the part where they revealed it was all a joke.

I was on a homeschool board once where a member was telling about her experience with her local homeschool co-op. She was a scientist and offered to teach a biology class. The other moms in the co-op turned her down because they had heard that she did yoga. This, apparently, was of the devil, and they doubted that she was a true Christian. She couldn't believe it, but let it go. Later, the other moms discovered they didn't have enough dissection pans, and had the nerve to come ask to borrow hers. Happily, she told them where they could stick her pans. :lol:

That's actually still on TV? Damn.

Wow, I didn't know it was still on TV either. I couldn't stomach watching it; my mom occaisonally had it on. I never had the urge to throw anything at the TV screen until that show. Ugh.

Archived