IGNORED

Sarah Mally is 32 and unmarried

homeschoolmomma1

Yippie We get to see Sarah Mally author of Before you Meet Prince Charming how fun haha

Sorry I edited the title for more interest

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling like this is going to be a big episode of nothin'. The bigger the name of the guest, the less interesting it is (remember that big-name preacher Michelle went gaga over in one episode? What's-his-name?). I desperately want some sort of courtship revelation, but I really think the show will pull its punches.

That was just a silly part of the episode. But now I know that Jim bob can't let go of his daughters

How old is Sarah Mally?

So Sarah Mally hasn't found a godly man (or whatever the proper phrasing is), and JB said there were many godly women, but the men were fewer and far between. Hmmmm....

I've read the book before out of pure boredomness...nothing but pure bull shit.

The whole episode tonight was so boring. This just shows that at this rate, most of the older Duggar boys will get married before the older girls get married. They just rely way too much on the older girls to help Michelle raise her younger ones. I think for them, "God" is Jim Bob when it comes to whether or not courtship is on their path at that particular moment.

This struck me as a damage control episode. They're trying to shut up their critics.

I agree, but it was an epic fail on their part. They pretty much talked about the same crap they've said in previous episodes or in one of their books.

Actually, JD's response to the "you should train other guys on how to be godly men" thing made me wonder if a courtship is in the works for him?

How old is Sarah Mally?

So Sarah Mally hasn't found a godly man (or whatever the proper phrasing is), and JB said there were many godly women, but the men were fewer and far between. Hmmmm....

Isn't that the argument used by Warren Jeffs and his ilk to justify polygamy? Seriously.

Actually, JD's response to the "you should train other guys on how to be godly men" thing made me wonder if a courtship is in the works for him?

And JD's response? "Not while I'm eating." Lol. I don't know if this has ever been said before but: Free John David, seriously. He seems like such a nice guy and not a Jim Bob. Although, Jim Bob is funny like JD, the only difference is that we are all laughing at DimBulb, especially when he says that they will have ONE second to get on the subway. I hope there is no courtship in the works for JD, I hope he is dating someone.

Sarah Mally is 32 years old http://sarahmally.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=55

It bothers me that they are praying for Muslims and dissing that they pray 5 times a dayhttp://www.brothersandsisters.net/gracenotes/

I come from a belief that God loves EVERY creature he created (even humans) enough to not make them go to hell because they are not Christian grrr. That is why I really like Rob Bell- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODUvw2McL8g I really suggest you watch the trailer. So true- so true

Sorry for all the links :)

The difference is JD actually seems like a nice person who would consider other people's feelings before deciding something. He seems like he would listen a lot, whereas Jim Bob talks to hear himself talk, or at least that's how it comes off to me. The blurb described it as a dating "seminar". Hardly.

Nice or not,he is going to court and marry a girl someday like Anna and sisters who expects him to be the leader and who he expects to lead.

She has that 'not a clue' air that many fundies have. That attitude that I sound like a love sick 14 year old. How does she know anything about before or AFTER meeting Prince Charming? She is 32, unmarried... and obviously has never dated, maybe even never 'courted'. Michelle and Jim Bob should be encouraging the girls to speak to newlyweds, people who have successfully courted.

It's kind of like asking a priest for dating advice

She has that 'not a clue' air that many fundies have. That attitude that I sound like a love sick 14 year old. How does she know anything about before or AFTER meeting Prince Charming? She is 32, unmarried... and obviously has never dated, maybe even never 'courted'. Michelle and Jim Bob should be encouraging the girls to speak to newlyweds, people who have successfully courted.

Ummm just so you are aware most Priests have dated. In fact, I know when I talked to soon to be priests they were told during seminary to date. To see if the Priesthood was what it is all cracked up to be. Maybe not in the past but I know serveral priests that have dated in the past. I know Priests that were also married before the priesthood.

Or getting marriage and parenting advice from a man who has never married or raised children? Ahem Bill Gothard.

They are holding a godly example of waiting for courtship up by a 32 year, unmarried woman?

Doesn't make sense, because there whole thing is get married and have as many blessing as god gives you, if you wait till later to be married (as Jim Bob will make them so he can continue to keep his slave labor) then they aren't doing what they hold up as the whole point of being a women (to marry and create the next christian generation).

The book Sarah wrote is a joke and not well written. I was given it for my 17th bday by my fundy s-sister with the preface "It might be a little young for me but it is still worth reading and I would like to discuss it with you later" so I had to read it to please her.

Or getting marriage and parenting advice from a man who has never married or raised children? Ahem Bill Gothard.

Did you know that most people who recieve marriage counceling in the Catholic Church now do so by Pastoral Ministers who happen to be married. Besides you follow a book and stuff. Anyone could do that. Most people diss the Catholic Church but I am so happy I went through those classes because I know I am married to someone that I true agree with and know where we differ

I speculated at TWOP whether she'd be featured since it was obvious they were featuring her Bright Lights crap when it rolled through the Bible Belt last spring, along with the tornadoes. Now THERE'S God talking to you; the big seminar had to take cover during her spiel.

Why are so many fundies, no matter where they live (I think she's from Nebraska or Iowa or somewhere in that area), so horse-toothy? I guess the good news is the rest of us can easily identify them when they really start intermarrying in the next generation; even if 5 kids out of an "average" QF family10 stay in the cult, that's a lot of horse-toothed grandkids. (if you have big teeth, please don't take this seriously... a riff on Boob's and Mally's horsefaces).

we see this so much the dumb leading the blind. as long as someone believes like them they follow blindly. It really shows the gullibility that is fundisim.

I watched tonight when the "Before You Meet Prince Charming" lady came. I think that in the Duggar's beliefs the man is the total head of the relationship and household so any potential suitors for the J'girls would have to be Jimbob approved. I wonder if any of the girls would be able to initiate a relationship or if they are expected to wait until they are approached (or their father).

Don't know who has seen this or hasn't, but the blog launched a week ago and is a revelation into the mindset of Gothard/IBLP/ATI.

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/

Sorry, don't know how to embed text here yet. At any rate, dive in and read the testimonies and the comments from posters (probably a lot of FJians). It's positively scary how Gothard manipulates. I'll go ahead and sneak it in here; I posted the Ephesians argument on the Bateses' blog, in some sort of context. I'm sure it will never be posted, or left to be blasted, but they won't even get WHY because they're so brainwashed in the way Gothard and in the case of the Bateses, the way the IFB's see the world...through their own glasses, not God's. As much as she pontificates and posts those lame 4x4 poems, she's lost her ability to think.

Sarah Mally is 32 years old http://sarahmally.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=55

It bothers me that they are praying for Muslims and dissing that they pray 5 times a dayhttp://www.brothersandsisters.net/gracenotes/

Ugh, that is disgusting. I think that my least favorite thing about fundies is when they say obnoxious and disgusting things about other religions.

Don't know who has seen this or hasn't, but the blog launched a week ago and is a revelation into the mindset of Gothard/IBLP/ATI.

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/

Sorry, don't know how to embed text here yet. At any rate, dive in and read the testimonies and the comments from posters (probably a lot of FJians). It's positively scary how Gothard manipulates. I'll go ahead and sneak it in here; I posted the Ephesians argument on the Bateses' blog, in some sort of context. I'm sure it will never be posted, or left to be blasted, but they won't even get WHY because they're so brainwashed in the way Gothard and in the case of the Bateses, the way the IFB's see the world...through their own glasses, not God's. As much as she pontificates and posts those lame 4x4 poems, she's lost her ability to think.

I think we might have discussed that site in another thread here. But I'll look for that thread to see if it is the same site.

Ugh, that is disgusting. I think that my least favorite thing about fundies is when they say obnoxious and disgusting things about other religions.

but can't tolerate anything at all said about their beliefs.

Archived