IGNORED

Why the Maxwells do what they do

kpmom

The thing I don't get about the Maxwells and their counterparts is what they think is going to happen when mom and dad die. Most parents think forward and plan for their kids to be able to survive in the world, I don't see that happening with these kinds of separatists. In a larger community maybe it's possible, most not in a family unit where people are going to marry outside the family. Even if the boys in-laws don't have any influence now they will when Steve and Terri are gone. Is that when it's game over?

Well, in theory, when the boys marry, they will become manly men who can whether the evils of the world. The unmarried girls will go live with one of their brothers and the married girls (if there are any) will be under the protection of the husband. I think fundie logic dictates that marriage magically turns boys into men.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is because Stevus is a fundie, aka fun-die.

Every time someone makes a statement like this I get this song stuck in my head.

Sorry this isn't embedded. There are often times I'm dumb as a bag of hair when it comes to technology.

Thread Jack.....

I bought some Sargento Cheese slices tonight and used one slice on my sinful Laura's Lean Beef burger... Sargento uses paper between cheese slices. I thought about the Maxwells getting all cray-cray laughy-laughy when Terri almost ate the cheese paper. Yeah, that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny. NOT.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. /end thread jack

Steve mentioned 9/11 in passing in one of his corners. No sympathy or anything, just talk of how it affected Sarah's travel plans.

I'm shocked they acknowledged it, but I guess as long as Steve has some interest in the subject, it's okay. (Does this mean that he actually follows the various marathons? Quite the hypocrite then.) They rarely comment on tragic events but there are times when their silence just boggles. Newtown, for example. They couldn't be bothered to spare one kind word for the grieving families. Not one. It actually made me angry. Their arrogance is astounding.

I'm pretty sure Steve thinks the parents of the kids killed in Newtown are to blame for not homeschooling.

Steve mentioned 9/11 in passing in one of his corners. No sympathy or anything, just talk of how it affected Sarah's travel plans.

I'm pretty sure Steve thinks the parents of the kids killed in Newtown are to blame for not homeschooling.

Oh, of course he does.

Archived