IGNORED

Why the Maxwells do what they do

kpmom

'The crazy was unveiled to her through Skype and she quickly left'

What do you mean?

Joseph visited Elizabeth a total of three times before proposing to her. After that, the couple, separated by distance, could only see each other through Skype. For the next 3-4 months, the Maxwells mentioned Elizabeth speaking to Joseph under supervised skyping sessions on a daily basis. These sessions were essentially the "only" times they communicated after their engagement. Shortly before their wedding date, Elizabeth cancelled the wedding. The FJiters speculated that Elizabeth and/or her parents were alerted to the Maxwells' crazy rules during these talks. You know, no sports, no outside friends, every minute of your life scheduled, Steve's control, no FUN. The Muncks have shown on their blog their perchant for fun stuff and a more relaxed lifestyle. I don't think it's much of a stretch that Elizabeth realized what she'd be walking into and fled.

I can't imagine Joseph had the time to bring up the crazy restrictions he lives by in the three meetings he had with her. Plus, having grown up under these rules and being so isolated, he would not find the need to bring it up immediately. But I can imagine Joseph tossing these rules out there once they were engaged and Elizabeth was a semi-Maxwell, ready for the fulltime indoctrination. that's what I mean that the crazy was unveiled to her through Skype.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Long time lurker, first time poster. I wonder if Steve wrote this "letter" himself!

I wondered that too. Faked endorsements aside, it's been too quiet lately on the Maxwell blog. I think something's up.

Am I to understand that "Elizabeth" and "Mary" are from around here? ;)

I would assume "Elizabeth" is. Not sure about "Mary".

I wandered over to Titus2 for a little look.... Joseph's eyebrows could use some manscaping. They weird me out with their crazy eyes and their fake, plastered on smiles. Also, the white background in the photo looks not so good with the white background on the blog. Too much white. Better fix that Joe... Run and tell him Stevius Lord and Master of Comment Editing.

I think Steve wants his family to be the Borg.

Resistance is futile. You will be dulled.

I think I'll start referring to Sarah as 3 of 8.

Can someone with some photo-editing skills please make a "Stevus of Borg" portrait?

And we need this smiley:

SmileyFace-Borg-2.jpg

I'm a whiz at photoshop.

No, no I am not.

:lol:

Oh, Patsy, you got my hopes up, only to dash them. Stevus of Borg will have to exist only in my imagination.

Okay, it's really REALLY quick because I'm at work but you get the idea.

1 of 10

fwnkmx.jpg

Sparkles, that is fabulous!

A smiling Stevus of Borg is especially creepy.

Love that you labeled him "one of ten." :D

I feel bad for the family.After reading the blog, I mostly feel sorry for the girls especially Sara. I wish her family would lighten the reigns and let her find her own happiness. Its sad really. She is almost 31/32 and yet no marriage and family. The family seems isolated and that a bad thing.

Holy crap, the Maxwells actually acknowledged the Boston marathon bombings.

Steve used to be a marathon runner so I guess he can relate to the terror of this public event. I'm not sure how he found out about it, though -- I guess probably standing in the grocery line since the Maxwells don't watch or read the news.

Steve used to be a marathon runner so I guess he can relate to the terror of this public event. I'm not sure how he found out about it, though -- I guess probably standing in the grocery line since the Maxwells don't watch or read the news.

My initial reaction was a wha----?! I don't remember them acknowledging 9/11, the Tsunami, Haiti's earthquake....but I forgot that Steve was a runner, and I think one of his sons used to run as well? It stands to reason he'd relate to it more than random natural disasters or, uhm, that bastion of heathen living, NYC.

Steve does say that he, and it seems only he, occasionally peruse the news. His family does not because everything they really need God will make sure they miraculously will hear through the grocery lines. Besides, why fill the children's minds with evil happenings of the world? Still, it's nice to just see the Maxwell acknowledging a wider world.

I think they have acknowledged tornados before, but they happen on their doorstep (relatively). I don't ever remember them mentioning 9/11 either, although they do mention Memorial Day (is that the right name?) and other war related events. I'm also curious how they heard about it.

I think they have acknowledged tornados before, but they happen on their doorstep (relatively). I don't ever remember them mentioning 9/11 either, although they do mention Memorial Day (is that the right name?) and other war related events. I'm also curious how they heard about it.

I think Steve served in the air force and Terri's day was military. Memorial Day does touch them personally so they mention it. :evil-eye: Nice to know that if natural disasters strike near their home, they will actually acknowledge it. 8-)

I'm shocked they acknowledged it, but I guess as long as Steve has some interest in the subject, it's okay. (Does this mean that he actually follows the various marathons? Quite the hypocrite then.) They rarely comment on tragic events but there are times when their silence just boggles. Newtown, for example. They couldn't be bothered to spare one kind word for the grieving families. Not one. It actually made me angry. Their arrogance is astounding.

And let me guess--he gave up running because all those endorphins were pleasurable, and pleasure is Bad. Just as he gave up flying because he got too much joy out of it.

And even if he never expresses it openly, he's probably decided that the bombing victims asked for it by making an idol out of such a worldly pleasure as marathon running--because God wouldn't have let it happen if he approved. They should have denied themselves that pleasure--as Steve has so righteously done.

I think Steve served in the air force and Terri's day was military. Memorial Day does touch them personally so they mention it. :evil-eye: Nice to know that if natural disasters strike near their home, they will actually acknowledge it. 8-)

Their Memorial Day posts always reference abortion so it's yet another opportunity for them to proselytize. Not surprising then.

I did find this 2011 post from Sarah. Again, way to turn an expression of sympathy into another advertisement/harangue.

We’ve had a few people ask if we’re okay with all of the recent tornadoes. Yes, we are. We don’t normally post about world events, but our hearts have been hurting with those affected by the tornadoes from Alabama to Joplin to Oklahoma City and beyond. We are praying for the many who are left without loved ones or homes. I’ve thought about how here our life goes on as normal, but for those who were affected, normal is not normal anymore. Our hearts have grieved for the families of those who are missing. How much pain that must bring to know that your dad or mom or sister or brother can’t be found and likely you’ll never see them this side of eternity again. I don’t even have words to express my sympathies, since I’ve never been through that kind of huge loss.

May each of us be prepared to meet our Maker. Eternity is very real, and while some may live a good, long life, others may pass quickly, such as a tornado, or a car accident, or slowly through cancer. I’ve also considered how those who have lost their homes did not go throughout their day thinking, “My house will be destroyed tonight.†No, it came suddenly. Maybe you think that you’ll wait to make a decision for the Lord Jesus until you’re older or on your death bed. Dear Reader, please don’t wait. Eternity is forever, and the decision of where you’ll spend it isn’t something to postpone.

I did find this 2011 post from Sarah. Again, way to turn an expression of sympathy into another advertisement/harangue.

The bolded makes it sound like they are perfectly content with the tornadoes! "Hey, we're cool -- come on in, tornados!"

I guess she meant to reassure readers that they were not hurt in a tornado, but, worded that way and without even a comma, it doesn't leave that impression!

SOTDRT (WNOTRGW - with no opportunity to read good writing) strikes again.

And Daddy sure has trained her well to focus on DEATH.

Resistance is futile. You will be morbid.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTGWMtAi5I3vb88quxPstbZ8aazaHln78opcCErgJSbKKloWeR7Q

Holy crap, the Maxwells actually acknowledged the Boston marathon bombings.

They must have over heard other people talking about it at Walmart.

thoughtful wrote,

The bolded makes it sound like they are perfectly content with the tornadoes! "Hey, we're cool -- come on in, tornados!"

Yeah, I thought it sounded like, "Tornadoes struck? Hey, we're okay with that."

....Seemed like I had anohter comment but ... guess not. OK, here's one: Poor Sarah apparently has some kind of God-given talent for writing; how sad that she's never had an editor or even a good writer to coach her, to say, "Sarah, do you see how this sounds as though you approve of tornadoes? How can you rewrite it to say more clearly that you were not harmed by the storms, and avoid sounding callous about those who were?"

Here probably is not the place to broach this subject but I'm not sure where else (I'll check out chatter asap): and speaking of miscommunicating, please know the following probably is not written exactly as I mean to -- I am confused as to how the injury toll has risen from 23 people in the hour following the bombings to more than 100 at this point in time.

Edited to answer my own question, above: I was away from media reports after about 2:30 Central time. Duh, MJB! :evil-eye:

ETA: just read the titus2 blog entry, feel dirty somehow. Like Steve posted it (or had it posted) randomly, and only those who knew he'd run marathons would realize the connection. Tornadoes hit Kansas, they live in Kansas, they mention them (well, also, their acolytes wrote, worrying about them). Bombers at the marathon, Steve ran marathons, they mention them. As others have said, so patently self-absorbed.

And they pray for the survivors' to have a peaceful night. Good grief. The social/written ineptitude of Maxhell never ceases to astound me.

Really, really really I am not seeing a conspiracy nor doubting anyone's pain. But the two blasts were so close together, physically and within minutes of each other, that it seems logical to me that the number of injured would have been apparent and fairly conclusive within a couple of hours.

I know, I should just look at the news updates. Just ... can't. The ole heart just can't take the detail. Yeah, I'm a wuss and I admit it.

Steve and Teri also mention they shelter their children from "evil" happenings around the world because the Bible says to not fill one's mind with evil thoughts or something like that. I think that was part of their rationale to not let the family read the news. When you take away TV, magazines, radio, and outside relationships, it's pretty easy to not be aware of anything around you.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if the younger Maxwell children are barely aware of the Newton shooting. It just doesn't seem like the type of thing that the family would bring up and I can't imagine the Maxwell children being aware of except by staring at magazine stand covers.

I am pretty sure that Steve makes sure that his followers do not see the Enquirer or other mags at the checkout line. I would bet good money that he makes them use the family friendly line.

The thing I don't get about the Maxwells and their counterparts is what they think is going to happen when mom and dad die. Most parents think forward and plan for their kids to be able to survive in the world, I don't see that happening with these kinds of separatists. In a larger community maybe it's possible, most not in a family unit where people are going to marry outside the family. Even if the boys in-laws don't have any influence now they will when Steve and Terri are gone. Is that when it's game over?

Archived