IGNORED

Growing up Keller- Priscilla and Anna video

VincentvanGoGo

Thanks for the replies about travelling that early. In those cases, (sick grandparents and such), I can see it being worth the sacrifice. Idk what their reasoning was, but man, seems like Priscilla has not been allowed to rest!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the replies about travelling that early. In those cases, (sick grandparents and such), I can see it being worth the sacrifice. Idk what their reasoning was, but man, seems like Priscilla has not been allowed to rest!

They may have flown. Paul was 2 weeks old which is legal to fly and TLC probably footed the travel bill. Still, it's a sad commentary on Pris's life when she's not allowed to stay home for more than a few days to adjust physically and mentally to new motherhood.

I know people are concerned about Priscilla's intellect, but even moms with lower IQs are capable of lovingly raising children. A friend of mine grew up with a mother who was functioning at what was considered to be the borderline retarded range and although it was sometimes tough for her, she turned out fine (and is ironically now raising a gifted son). More troubling for me is how David might be treating her, and the fact that he packed up Pris and a tiny newborn to make a reality show film shoot is not a good sign at all.

Thanks for mentioning that Pris was a preemie, ILoveJellybeans, I had completely forgotten about it. Is it possible the any issues she may have could be because of that?

Also, I think Pris is prettier than Anna. Anna's more conventionally attractive, but her personality (and that makeup!) leave a li'l bit to be desired.

I know people are concerned about Priscilla's intellect, but even moms with lower IQs are capable of lovingly raising children. A friend of mine grew up with a mother who was functioning at what was considered to be the borderline retarded range and although it was sometimes tough for her, she turned out fine (and is ironically now raising a gifted son). More troubling for me is how David might be treating her, and the fact that he packed up Pris and a tiny newborn to make a reality show film shoot is not a good sign at all.

I agree, parents with intellectual disabilities can and have raised children well. Whether Priscilla has an intellectual disability, a speech impairment, or both, the main obstacle that stands in the way of her being a good mom is her being a fundie, which leaves her open to abuse from David and willing to perpetuate the same lifestyle her parents chose for her. The Kellers never seem to have realized something may be off about her, and if they had, they still wouldn't have sought help from the ebil secular world. If Priscilla and David's son has any condition that can't be "prayed away," he won't get any real help for it until he (hopefully) flees this lifestyle.

Ex 2x2 wrote:

So they've already traveled all the way from Chicago to Florida with the baby, and how old is he? Would travel be uncomfortable for Priscilla this early?

Probably not too uncomfortable if they flew...except for whoever may have been sitting next to them.

I wonder if she has a bit of a hearing impairment. The sound of her voice reminds me slightly of how a deaf relative of mine speaks. That could explain the speech issues; she's not hearing herself the way we hear her.

Hearing impairments can cause speech impediments. I was in speech therapy for over 5 years as a child because I had hearing loss. The loss was due to ear infections.

I like the video because, honestly, I think Pricscilla is the BRIGHTER one of the two of them. Yes, I said it! And I mean it!

Only because she is a "slow speaker" (is that english?) and maybe has some difficulties forming her thoughts into sentences does'nt mean she thinks less or is "dumber". Nobody knows what is going on in her head. Behind her eyes I can see something that Anna is missing. Maybe it's a cultural thing but where I come from it's all about the eyes not the way you talk.

I can see that in children, too. Many adults assume that the loud talkative ones are brighter than the shy and quiet ones. I hate that because it is not true at all. Most people only lack the ability to look behind the facade!!!! It makes me so angry!! :angry-banghead:

Priscilla is just shy in front of the camera and has low self esteem, that's it!

edit: I have a friend who has a doctorate degree in mechinal engineering and he reminds me so much of Pris. Same way of talking same look in the eyes! He is socially awkward and people assume he is dumb when they first meet him, but damn he is a genius. Can they not see that in his eyes! Idiots!!!

I dunno, this kind of feels like when lots of people had JD dxed with Asperger's. I think Prissy is a bit of an airhead with a speech impediment, but there's nothing glaring there for me to think it's anything else. And I love how "God" is credited with her white sandals instead of, you know, the person who fucking gave them that charity bag of shoes.

I'm so happy I went to a public school where I was given speech therapy for a couple of years to help me learn how to pronounce an r as an r instead of a w. I shudder to think of how I'd be walking around sounding like Barry Kripke from The Big Bang Theory if I were raised fundie. I still have to say r-heavy words like "rural" a bit slowly to get them out right, so my heart goes out to Priscilla, having a more noticeable issue and having to speak on camera as much as she does. She could be self-conscious about it, which could be affecting her mindset as well. She may seem perfectly normal, however that may be defined, when she's off-camera.

Me too! Of course, now that I live in Scotland I don't have a hope in hell of blending in with the locals ;) There's simply no way I'll ever be rolling my Rs the way a native Scot does.

Prissy reminds me of the Duggar women, but more extreme. I don't know if she's got some sort of delay or if it's a symptom of the isolation and poor education, but I've pointed out here before that the Duggar women don't seem to be very good at public speaking, for all that they've been in front of the camera for years. They just seem to struggle to get their thoughts in order. I'm tempted to find the original special and see how the girls talk in that.

• 2 weeks later...

Priscilla acts just like my cousin-in-law who has an IQ in the 80 to 85 range. She does fine as a stay at home housewife and mother as long as someone else handles the taxes, contracts, and such for the household.

Well, that was one of the most painful two minutes of video I've ever had to sit through! With regards to Priscilla's disposition, she just seems like a really, really, really brainwashed, robotic-like religious nut. Reminds of a Stepford wife, or a character from Handmaid's Tale. Creepy and sad.

I like the video because, honestly, I think Pricscilla is the BRIGHTER one of the two of them. Yes, I said it! And I mean it!

Only because she is a "slow speaker" (is that english?) and maybe has some difficulties forming her thoughts into sentences does'nt mean she thinks less or is "dumber". Nobody knows what is going on in her head. Behind her eyes I can see something that Anna is missing. Maybe it's a cultural thing but where I come from it's all about the eyes not the way you talk.

I can see that in children, too. Many adults assume that the loud talkative ones are brighter than the shy and quiet ones. I hate that because it is not true at all. Most people only lack the ability to look behind the facade!!!! It makes me so angry!! :angry-banghead:

Priscilla is just shy in front of the camera and has low self esteem, that's it!

edit: I have a friend who has a doctorate degree in mechinal engineering and he reminds me so much of Pris. Same way of talking same look in the eyes! He is socially awkward and people assume he is dumb when they first meet him, but damn he is a genius. Can they not see that in his eyes! Idiots!!!

Okey dokey then.

I agree, parents with intellectual disabilities can and have raised children well. Whether Priscilla has an intellectual disability, a speech impairment, or both, the main obstacle that stands in the way of her being a good mom is her being a fundie, which leaves her open to abuse from David and willing to perpetuate the same lifestyle her parents chose for her. The Kellers never seem to have realized something may be off about her, and if they had, they still wouldn't have sought help from the ebil secular world. If Priscilla and David's son has any condition that can't be "prayed away," he won't get any real help for it until he (hopefully) flees this lifestyle.

This is more my concern with Pris as well. I knew a couple where both had intellectual disabilities who had 3 kids. Kids are doing fine as well as has parents though it could be difficult at times. So whether or not Pris truly has some kind of intellectual disability, I don't see that possible disability in itself as preventing her from being a good parent.

Useless vent, but why is every f'ing thing that they do or experience "such a blessing".

What the ever loving hell?????? :x

I doubt she has a big vocabulary. There are moments where she pauses like she's thinking about what word to say, but she always uses "blessing".

Okey dokey then.

No, GK, I take isarhenne's meaning. There's a lot to the idea of the eyes being windows to the soul and lot of other things ... problem is, I'm not re-watching that video again for ANYTHING. .... Maybe for $6,000. But not much less. :snooty:

Priscilla is shy and not good on camera, but it doesn't mean she's stupid. You know, many stutterers, not that she stutters but you all know what I mean, have been proven to have very high IQ's. It's sad to see the bashing of her when she seems like a kind person. Maybe if her parents had gotten her speech therapy she'd be fine now.

Priscilla is shy and not good on camera, but it doesn't mean she's stupid. You know, many stutterers, not that she stutters but you all know what I mean, have been proven to have very high IQ's. It's sad to see the bashing of her when she seems like a kind person. Maybe if her parents had gotten her speech therapy she'd be fine now.

She doesn't make a lot of sense when she goes into detail about anything or tries to tell a story. Only so much of that can be attributed to camera shyness, assuming she is in fact camera shy.

It's impossible for us to remotely diagnose her from here, but on the surface it would appear she has a few problems that go beyond a need for speech therapy, some of which clearly stem from a stilted upbringing (and now her stilted life with David). However, when compared with the siblings we know, she seems less advanced than they do.

She does seem like a kind person. She also seems like a very vulnerable person. I think much of the interest in Priscilla stems not from the fact that she seems slow, but instead from the fact that she's married to a very ambitious Gothardite who may be taking advantage of her naiveté.

Something is definitely not right with Priscilla. I think it's a combination of low IQ an indoctrination.

Hearing impairments can cause speech impediments. I was in speech therapy for over 5 years as a child because I had hearing loss. The loss was due to ear infections.

Same. But luckily my ebil secular parents were able to get me speech therapy, partly through my ebil public school. And 15 years later I am able to to speak and be understood. Most of the time.

Shame Pris wouldn't be able to get the same help if she needed it.

I feel like Priss is eager to please to compensate for her deficits, while Pecan is likely trying to overcompensate, or convince himself or others he is not gay by distracting them with his piety. This is likely why both are such strong kool-aid drinkers - Priss eager to please, David eager to detract/overcompensate.

I know it may be poor taste to make assumptions about people's sexuality but this sets off my gaydar full-throttle, with an alarm, flashing lights, and sirens.

Archived