IGNORED

Growing up Keller- Priscilla and Anna video

VincentvanGoGo

David posted this video (youtube.com/watch?v=_TZwSamhoFM) on youtube, where Anna and Priscilla are talking about growing up... Have you guys seen this? Can you believe Anna is Priscilla's little sister? Seems to be other way around...

Ps. By the way I love Priscilla's top :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Pris and David did go down to Florida when Josh and Anna were filming there. Scary to hear Priscilla didn't know that babies need to be burped until Anna explained it to her. Poor little Paulie Waller probably had an uncomfortable first couple of weeks.

I guess Pris and David did go down to Florida when Josh and Anna were filming there. Scary to hear Priscilla didn't know that babies need to be burped until Anna explained it to her. Poor little Paulie Waller probably had an uncomfortable first couple of weeks.

I think Priscilla did know that babies need to be burped; she would have seen her own mother do that. However, like some new mother's, she might not have realized that "another" burp was down there somewhere.

Wait, what? Aren't they supposed to be the women who received helpmeet-training and their PhDs in home-making? My inconsiderate parents sent me to state schools, and I'm still criminally childless by choice, but even I know that babies need to be burped. Hmm... :think:

I always thought it was kind of obvious (even when Anna was a little camera shy when she was first on the show) that Anna had kind of a bossy personality. We saw it last week when she pushed Josh out of the kitchen, and it's obvious to see it here with her sister. I certainly don't think it's a bad thing, but it's a little surprising because it seems like she always tries to keep sweet in front of the camera and her in-laws. She's probably a better mother for it.

But I feel like I know why now. It seems like she and Priscilla shared that bed (the little table above the bed had both of their names on it). They were very close in age and it seems like the two of them were the closest growing up. It makes sense that she has a mothering and kind of take-charge personality to balance out her sister and probably one of her only friends growing up.

Also, I'm pretty sure there's more to the Growing up Keller story... Though it would be a great book title if Suze or Daniel ever get around to telling the real one ;)

It's really not a good idea to be on the ground and pointing the camera up to film someone on the top bunk bed. It makes the viewer basically stare up into the noses of the people on video. I'm adding my hat into the ring of some type of speech impediment for Priscilla. I don't think a person's tongue is supposed to touch the front teeth as often as she does when talking. I think Anna's experience on film also shows as she seems to be able to gather her thoughts quicker to present them without too many weird or awkward pauses.

Priscilla absolutely has a speech impediment. I had almost the exact same thing (the whole tongue going in front of the teeth issue) when I was younger. It was really bad when I was a kid, but I mostly grew out of it and now you can hardly tell it's there. There are certain things that I pronounce or intone in a slightly odd way, though, as compensation. I really believe that Priscilla not only has a speech impediment, but has learned to 'talk around it' in a way that makes her sound and look awkward. That and the fact that she seems to try really hard to come across as feminine and sweet, and this is what you get.

Excuse me, no time to snark. Praying for white sandals.

Excuse me, no time to snark. Praying for white sandals.

Jesus loves you. (but not the other barefoot children in the world)

LAMOUR_H400_Wh.jpg

Jesus loves you. (but not the other barefoot children in the world)

LAMOUR_H400_Wh.jpg

Thank you, Jesus. Praise the Lord! I have found favor in the eyes of your servant JenniferJuniper!

I don't know if Priscilla's demeanor is the result of nature or nurture, but regardless, I think it's probably a good thing that she is where she is. Se seems so naive and sheltered and... OFF somehow that the real world would probably swallow her whole and spit out the bones.

Every time I watch her she reminds me of the title character in Agnes of God.

I'm really confused as to how Pris looks so dam good just weeks after push a massive baby out of her cha cha. She come across as barely being able to spell her own name however she clearly looks after her appearance. I have never seen a hair out of place on her pretty little head and she clearly knows her way around a curling wand.

So they've already traveled all the way from Chicago to Florida with the baby, and how old is he? Would travel be uncomfortable for Priscilla this early?

I don't think there's anything mentally wrong with Priscilla-I think this is just the result of being completely brainwashed and indoctrinated into the IBLP mindset. Remember when Anna first made an appearance on the show? She sort of sounded similar to Priscilla with the incomplete sentences and tons of "umm" and "aaaand". Even then, when Priscilla first appeared on the show, she wasn't so "babyish" in her talking. My guess is spending all that time at the IBLP HQ in Chicago must have brainwashed her even more.

Anna always seemed bossy. Remember the episode where they showed David and Priscilla exchanging hershey kisses and Anna made a comment that their fingers or something might touch the lips if they fed each other? David is about 3 years older and Priscilla is 2 years older than Anna, yet Anna felt the need to boss them as if she's the older one. For Anna, because she went through the courtship/engagement process first, she felt more powerful compared to older sister.

Compared to Priscilla, Anna has a much more dominant personality. When Suze still had her G+ account, she had a picture of Anna giving out orders for some board game with a caption that read something like "Anna giving out orders...as usual lol". I think this explains why she can tell Josh to "move" when he's in her way. I don't think we'll ever hear Priscilla tell David to "move" since that would not go against being a submissive wife. If you told Priscilla to jump, she would say "how high?" and do it without any questions.

I don't know if Priscilla's demeanor is the result of nature or nurture, but regardless, I think it's probably a good thing that she is where she is. Se seems so naive and sheltered and... OFF somehow that the real world would probably swallow her whole and spit out the bones.

Every time I watch her she reminds me of the title character in Agnes of God.

And do you think she has any chance in her current role? What happens when David isn't around to help with the baby? What happens when there are multiple young children at the same time? What happens when she feels overwhelmed and has no one to turn to for help because it's her duty as a woman to run the house? What happens when she is completely responsible for the education of these children?

At least in the real world she would have access to help that she needs. If she had had even minimal special education as a child, her life skills would be much farther ahead. But in her current case, she's taking at least one kid down with her.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with Priscilla. She has not been educated, exposed to different viewpoints, or taught to express herself. I agree with xReems, Anna sounded babyish when she first appeared on the show. Anna has become more articulate as a result of all the media exposure. Josh obviously loves talking for the camera and I'm guessing he coached Anna along the way.

So they've already traveled all the way from Chicago to Florida with the baby, and how old is he? Would travel be uncomfortable for Priscilla this early?

It would depend on how the birth went.... after my first, I was not a happy camper for more than the "6 week" recovery time.. with my second I was happy up and visiting my neighbour less than 12 hours after I gave birth.

Also with the burping thing... my first son would hold in his burps he would refuse to burp for me so I ended up giving up:P call me a bad mother but for the life of me I could not get him to let them go.... my second... well he would happily burp on his own, so it is possible to not "have" to burp the baby... I don't know seems odd that she would not have known that you need to burp babies....

Well, THAT was painful to watch! The two girls sitting on the top bunk with their heads about 6" from the ceiling -- yikes! I cannot imagine the logistics of having that many kids living in a double-wide!

It's sad that Prissy's prayer request was for white sandals. Seems like the least her parents could have done for her (bought her some NEW sandals, not some found in a bag of donations).

FWIW, my oldest son was colicy and it would take me 20 minutes minimum for me to get any kind of a burp out of him and he was fussy the whole time. We had to explore many different ways to hold him to coax even one burp out of him. I think Prissy is just trying to demonstrate how sharp that learning curve can be since each baby comes wired differently.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with Priscilla. She has not been educated, exposed to different viewpoints, or taught to express herself. I agree with xReems, Anna sounded babyish when she first appeared on the show. Anna has become more articulate as a result of all the media exposure. Josh obviously loves talking for the camera and I'm guessing he coached Anna along the way.

I am new to watching the Duggars. I missed when Anna first appeared. You say she sounded babyish, but did she have trouble speaking and forming her thoughts like Prissy? You say Prissy hasn't been educated, etc. But she grew up in the same house as the other siblings, yet Prissy seems off (and not just fundie-type off) compared to the others. That's why I think she is, not only a product of her upbringing, but also, at the very least, speech impaired. Maybe her impairment coupled with the stress of her lifestyle have caused her to just check out, and that's why she seems more off than her first appearances on the show??

_TZwSamhoFM

WOW. They both had some MAJOR krazy eyes going in that video.

If you had questions about why your baby is fussy, isnt it normal to call your MOTHER and not your sister?

There is something going on there, with Priscilla. Or not going on, as the case may be. I first wondered about Asperger's but I'm not sure.

Archived