IGNORED

Women: Don't cut your damn hair!

snuggles911

I don't want to look "sexually attractive".

I want to look NICE.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing says feminine like long hair, just ask Jesus.

Or Samson. Funny how fundies who are supposed to know the Bible by heart always forget about Samson losing his legendary strength after Delilah cuts his hair off in his sleep.

Long hair is feminine indeed...

I recently went from having a 'crowning glory' of quite long light blonde hair to a very long bob tapered at the front. Because it was disgusting & ratty at the ends & I could hardly brush it. Its so much nicer now, healthy, soft & flowing. The Mr can actually run his fingers through it without hurting me now! :lol:

I seem to remember the Botkinettes having a $100 yearly beauty budget. I spend more than that on my hair upkeep in a month! For me, because I like having pretty(Barbie) hair, not to impress some sexist chap in beige chinos.

Fundies say such mixed things when it comes to appearance. They dress modestly to draw others' focus to their "countenance" and character rather than to their appearance. But they also say you should do everything you can to be attractive to your husband, including having long flowing sexy hair.

This. So women should wear their hair long because men prefer it that way? I'm certain that most men, if honest, would prefer women to walk around naked. If men are the undisciplined, out of control sexual beings that fundies seem to think they are, and can't control their lust, surely women should shave their heads to help them keep their hormones in check.

My hair is 2.5" long at its longest. I'm doing my part.

My hair usually comes to about my shoulder blades, and I usually have it layered, with the shortest layer being about chin length. My hair is really thick so I usually have it thinned, and I can't really do anything with it unless I use a shitload of bobby pins and at least an entire bottle of hairspray. I'm too lazy to bother doing that. I don't get why people spend hours frying and teasing the living daylights out of their hair.

My hair was down to my waist at one time, and people seemed awed that it was so long. I miss it being that long sometimes, but I'm way too sensitive to heat, and I can't really wear ponytails because they give me headaches. So I cut it. My choice.

My cousin, on the other hand, he makes his wife keep her hair long even though she would prefer to have it back to shoulder length. Up until recently, he also made their daughters keep long hair, too. It pisses me off. She should be able to wear her hair any way she wants.

Maybe I'm weird, maybe it's the fact that I can't really do anything with my hair, maybe it's the fact that my hair doesn't really tangle, but I honestly don't get the fixation. How strings of dead cells are a woman's "crowning glory." Can anyone explain this to me?

I have friends who tell me that their husbands won't let them do certain things. That always surprises me because they assure me that their husbands don't beat them. So, how does their husbands keep them from doing anything.? When we were younger, my husband liked longer hair. He was free to express a preference, just like I am. However, the day he told me that I couldn't cut my hair is the day that I would be bald. Seriously, I would shave my head from pure spite

I have friends who tell me that their husbands won't let them do certain things. That always surprises me because they assure me that their husbands don't beat them. So, how does their husbands keep them from doing anything.? When we were younger, my husband liked longer hair. He was free to express a preference, just like I am. However, the day he told me that I couldn't cut my hair is the day that I would be bald. Seriously, I would shave my head from pure spite

The question is, do their husbands really "not let them" (And you are right, I don't get the phrase or how it works) OR, is it something they know their husband doesn't like so they don't do it OR do not want to do it, but don't have the backbone to say "I don't want to do this" so say their husband "won't let them."

I don't get it. ALthough when I was in my late 20s, my brother in law told my husband that he "shouldn't let me" switch from studying business to studying English. Husband said "let? What do you mean 'let'?" and we laughed about it for years. This particular brother in law probably didn't beat his wives, however, he punished them in other ways. Happily enough, the second and the third wives punished him right back--and he was embarrassed about his first divorce, so he was too embarrassed to divorce again (it might reflect badly on him) so he "lucked out" when the second one died, because while she might put up with him being nasty to her in public, she made sure his life was hell on several levels in private--and the third one fooled him by being an independednt adult who, when he pushed, pushed back and told him to take it or leave it... and he is in the situation where he more or less has to take it. HIs life would have been much easier if he were not just naturally a controlling ass.

My hair is long right now only because my dad had mentioned once that he liked my hair long and since he died, I haven't been able to cut it. I like being able to put it up but I have a ton of very fine hair so tangles are almost instantaneous. If I choose to cut it, that's my business.

The real question here is why these men want us, teh wiminzz, to look attractive for them when the Lord has clearly told these very same men to make sure we pack on the clothes and hide our knees, thighs, bum-bum, shoulders, bosom. Seriously? How does this work?

"WOMEN, GROW YOUR HAIR SO WE CAN BE ATTRACTED TO YOU!"

"WOMEN, DON'T SHOW YOUR THIGHS OR BREAST CURVES SO WE DON'T FEEL ATTRACTED TO YOU! NIKE! NIKE! I REPEAT: NIKE!!!!!!!!"

Let's face it: hair is a sexual feature like hips and titties. They're openly saying they want to see a sexual feature on us, women who should not tempt them.

Ah, I'm sorry, I forgot we're dealing with The Contradictors. Silly moi! :doh:

Vox is at it again. Today, he posted a similar post referencing a Victoria Secret model who made the horrible mistake of cutting her hair:

Don't blame me, that's the conclusion reached by Victoria's Secret and many of those who wear its lingerie:

Victoria's Secret has finally embraced Karlie Kloss' chin-grazing hair - but the lingerie giant's fans don't seem so convinced. After covering the 20-year-old's newly chopped hair with mermaid-length extensions for its annual runway show last year, the brand has let Miss Kloss show off her blunt bob in the new Very Sexy ad campaign.

Miss Kloss chopped her flowing mane off two days before the 2012 Victoria's Secret runway show, and many in the fashion industry hoped she would walk the runway with her new do. But just a few hours later, - after $75,000 worth of hair extensions, according to lead hairstylist Orlando Pita - Miss Kloss' hair was once again long and luscious.

Here is a hint for women. If chopping off her hair makes a six-foot tall Victoria's Secret model look like a librarian with "Mall of America" hair, what do you think it is going to do for you?

What is "'Mall of America' hair"? Are women's short hairstyles regional by way of shopping center?

And, anyway, isn't the stereotype of librarians supposed to be long hair in a bun? But a model with short hair suddenly looks like a librarian? What I really want to know is did she match her horn-rimmed glasses to her VS lingerie?

So many questions.

When we were younger, my husband liked longer hair. He was free to express a preference, just like I am. However, the day he told me that I couldn't cut my hair is the day that I would be bald.

I'm contrary like that. When I was a teen, my grandma, aunt and mother bribed me with money to get a haircut. I grew my hair to my waist instead. :lol:

There is a certain style of bob that screams "elementary school teacher with four kids and a mini van" to me. Because I knew too many women meeting that description (actually with 2-5 kids) with that hair cut. And the reverse mullet became a hell of a prevalent trend at the last secondary school I worked at among 30 and 40 something female staff members. I was glad to leave before I woke up one morning and had that hideous haircut just by osmosis. So I kind of imagine the "mall of America" hair as one of those cuts. Just saying. There is cute short hair and there is frumpy short hair. Although, the same can be said for long hair styles.

heartiste.wordpress.com/dating-market-value-test-for-women/

I have medium length hair, so I became instantly concerned about my fuckability and decided to do the market value test for women. Unfortunately being in possession of a brain, being over 20 (at 27 apparently a 15 year old girl is more desirable than me :x ), and the fact that I have a full and colourful vocabulary when it comes to profanity means that I will never be able to date a complete misogynist.

I also like the fact that a woman has to look like a supermodel but also appreciate a small dick.

FTR, my husband picked out a picture of Karlie Kloss in the new VS category and suggested that if I want to cut my hair shorter, he would love that. Guess he's not a real man or something.

Also...that test is just beyond ridiculous.

As an adult my hair has been every length from spiky short to, currently, the middle of the my back. This is actually the first time since preschool where I have had long hair. I like it but I am kind of clueless on what if anything to do with it.

and that test. WTF! I'd argue that I should get extra points for the boobs I have been told, on good authority, that they are amazing. I feel bad for anyone who takes that shit seriously. Men and women like what they like and sometimes you can find someone with the perfect exterior but are terrible in all the other parts of attraction. It's more than looks or hair length or clothing.

Thought y'all would enjoy this customer "review" from Amazon regarding the movie 'Tangled'. I left the sexist tosh in, too.

I'm going to get alot of comments on this, but I don't care. And when I write a review, I usually don't put a spiritual spin on things. But this movie leaves me no choice, as an Apostolic Pentecostal. This movie offended me, and my wife. I find it interesting that Disney, and most people today. Say that the hair means nothing, but that's not true. The Bible is very specific about a woman's hair, and I find it interesting that those who defend the short brown hair look. Over look the fact, that after that happens. Rapunzel is the one who asks Flynn to marry her, not the other way around. Which by the way, is a feminist view on things. I'll get comments for that. How dare the man be the one to ask, woman are equal to men. Said sarcastically

Should he be looking at Victoria's Secret models? Isn't that close enough to looking at pr0n?

My thoughts on the Vicky's Secret bob-haired gal were that #1, her haircut didn't look that good, especially when she wasn't made up. In her natural photo of her in the chair before her hair was done, her hair looked pretty much terrible. It would have looked terrible long, too. She just doesn't have great hair. #2, who are these people who are paying attention to Vicky's Secret models and commenting on their hair? The only individual one who has owned up to it so far is Vox. Therefore, it's all men just like him, who, no surprise, have issues.

#3, I am also disturbed that so many little fundy girls have to have long hair if it's supposed to be such a sexy characteristic. Makes me want to shave my daughters' heads.

I wonder what Vox or Deti would do if their wives/girlfriends lost their hair to cancer. Would they divorce/break up with them or make them wear wigs 24/7? I'd post this question on Vox's blog, but I'm worried their answers would make me want to vomit.

One of their commenters has some choice words on that subject:

Long hair - an indicator of health. I've seen more and more bald women (due to the treatment of cancer), I can't help but appreciate my own mother's decision to wear a long blonde wig as she fought the miserable disease. When I see these bald women, I feel sympathy and sorrow for them. When I think back to my mother's synthetic locks, I think of a fighter who never let her femininity go in the face of death.
and a bit later:
No one is exempt from illness, at some point you or someone you love will suffer one. Women sporting the bald look while being treated for cancer is a whole different level of s-test. They should have a scarf at a minimum for a covering. Yes...cancer sucks, yes...I'm sorry when someone is ill, I don't need the shock factor of seeing a woman bald to feel empathy for her condition. There is nothing more cruel than using an illness to s-test your partner, your friends, or your children. Even when the s-test yields the pity sought, it does nothing to help internal healing. Towards the end of the illness onto death, I would much prefer those around me to speak of my dignity and grace rather than how I made them feel like crap.
(I don't know what an "s-test" is, and I don't think I want to)

Shock test? I think that he is saying that a woman who owns her baldness is trying to shock everyone and therefore get sympathy. Do these guys not get that the world does not revolve around them?

FWIW, the commenter goes by "SarahsDaughter" so I'm assuming it is a female. Doesn't mean anything, except I guess that women can be jerks too.

ETA: I just had to Google it. It's "shit test." Apparently a popular concept among PUA types. :puke-front: lifestylejourney.blogspot.com/2010/06/shit-test.html

Last night we went to the Laker's game and saw Charlize Theron (10 rows in front of us and on the jumbo tron) and my dad commented several times that she was so beautiful, but her hair was too short. Oh, if she would just grow her hair! It really amused me, thinking of this thread.

I have friends who tell me that their husbands won't let them do certain things.

I lived in a traditional family with a SAHM, but the thought of Daddy bossing Mama around makes me laugh. They raised both my sister and I to not be bossed around. I will not be bossed around by any man. Bossy men get shown the door very quickly.

Like many of the commenters on here, I've had every length of hair from super-short to waist length. My hair looks worse the longer it gets no matter how much work I put into it, and if I am going to do a quick study of the number of men who have hit on me across the lengths of my hair, shorter would be more popular. My most popular times of life I had shoulder-length hair and very short hair. These guys clearly have so little concept of what men find attractive in women it's hilarious. Women don't get to decide what is sexy about themselves? I beg to differ, having become way more sexy over the years (if the number and hotness meter of the men who have proposed/ nearly proposed/ professed their love is any indication) by virtue of becoming more comfortable with who I am, both personality-wise and physically. Hair length, on the other hand, has had little impact (at least to a certain extent. if I were to grow it really long again it would have a negative impact because it makes me look like a dying hippie).

Archived