IGNORED

Women: Don't cut your damn hair!

snuggles911

In his latest post, Vox at alphagameplan.blogspot.com admonishes women who have the audacity to cut their hair short. How dare they ignore male preferences when it comes to female beauty.

He is angry b/c women have ignored a post he wrote two years ago stating that men think short hair is unattractive. ALL women should have long hair, according to him. If you have short hair you are obviously a rebellious feminist or a lesbian.

Vox wrote:

"It is true that Halle Berry and Charlize Theron are attractive with short hair. But what so many women fail to realize is that they are attractive IN SPITE of their short hair, and that they are even more attractive with long hair. And also, they are failing to take into account that very, very few women are as attractive as these two women who are very wealthy due to their exceptional genetic gifts."

A poster named Deti responded:

"Memo to women:

1. For the eleventy millionth time: Confidence in a woman means exactly jack-squat NOTHING to her physical and sexual attractiveness.

2. As a matter of fact, men are the sole arbiters of what is physically and sexually attractive in women.

3. Women do not get to decide what is physically and sexually attractive about them.

4. Women do not get to decide FOR MEN what men should find physically and sexually attractive."

Given how much I respect Vox and Deit's opinions, I'm going to start to grow out my hair down to my waist. How about you?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't give a flying fuck what men do or do not find attractive about me. I have shoulder-length hair which I am growing out, but this was inspired by Michelle Williams playing a lesbian :lol:

My husband prefers short hair -- always has.

I prefer shoulder length, so that's where it is.

My hair is short and recently a man hit on me. It has been years since anyone came on to me so I was somewhat shocked and a tiny bit flattered.

I look much, much better with short hair. My hair was unhealthy and getting thin. Now it looks beautiful and the layers give it the illusion of fullness.

Lots of men like short hair. I know, I've talked to them. Even if they didn't, my entire life doesn't revolve around pleasing men-especially men that I feel no desire to meet.

My husband says he likes short hair because he can kiss the back of my neck easier.

Aw, how cute. Someone has a temper-trantrum online and no one's listening. There, there widdle MRA wannabe, how about you use your head for more than carrying your hair around now? :roll:

When I was young, I had long long hair, and people were constantly bugging me to cut it. "You look like a damn hippie!" They said what a real, feminine girl would do is cut it short and put it on rollers so it would have some style and be ladylike. Meh. I say wear your hair whatever way feels good to you. You can't please the haterz no matter what you do--might as well please yourself!

I'm one of those hairy women, who's hair never seems to reach terminal length (please, don't hate me because of this). It will grow more than an inch each month. I usually ignore it, and put it in a bun or a pony tail, but when it starts to get to waist length, I chop it to my shoulders or shorter. The only haircut I ever had that my husband flat out hated was when I did a Kate Gosslin - basically shaved my head in the back, and kept the front chin length. He doesn't mind a bob or anything like that, but hates the Kate.

As an adult woman, I have had long hair down to my hips, short chin-length hair, and everything in between. I have maintained the same weight and basic physical appearance. The only change has been my hair. There was no change whatsoever in the amount of male attention I received based on the length of my hair. I am certainly nowhere near as attractive as any famous actress, so this cannot be accounted for with the excuse that I'm just so amazingly beautiful that these guys were somehow managing to look past my hideous short hair.

Why do I think I want to be attractive FOR men? I want to be attractive for ME. :music-tool:

I've had short hair since my teens, in the late/60s early 70s. And I mean short. Like half an inch. I don't have good hair, I don't know how to deal with it and I have neither the time, the talent, nor the inclination to learn. And I really don't give a shit what anyone thinks about it. It's MY hair.

My 22YO daughter (who has unbelievably gorgeous thick hair) has been wearing hers short for years as well. Super short all around except for a curtain of fringe in the front (and she insists on calling it fringe, not bangs, since she modeled it after Suede's Brett Anderson.) Interestingly, she gets stopped frequently by people asking to photograph her cut because they like it so much. Guys included, who think their SOs would look good in it.

So there, you dumb fuck.

3. Women do not get to decide what is physically and sexually attractive about them.

4. Women do not get to decide FOR MEN what men should find physically and sexually attractive."

What about LGBT folk? Oh wait they don't exist for MRASSholes.

So, if I cut my hair short, I'll avoid having Vox and Deti hit on me? Good to know! Where are the scissors...?

When these men's rights people invent something that will painlessly and instantly take the hundreds of tangles out of my hair each morning they can tell me how long my hair can be. But when there are sometimes tears and it takes more than 10 minutes to simply brush my hair it gets chopped off.

My husband loves my short hair. To him, long hair is "mom hair"---my mother-in-law was an art student in the 50s, and always kept a bohemian style, including long hair (her hair was gorgeous).

I love having short hair, so it works out perfectly.

Oh silly me! :angry-banghead: I've always thought that my hair style was here to please me ! How selfish I can be ! I totally get it : I'm not as picture perfect as Halle and Charlize ! By by garçonne, give me a long blond curly whig so that every Christrian man will want to mary me ! :lol:

I will NEVER give up on my short hair because the are what make me the weird feminine tomboy I am, and I like it and so do all the people who know and love me. And frankly I don't get the logic : who wants to look good for evey man? I just want my loved one to like me as I am (Love me with short hair or go back to his mum's), who cares about most/every man?

So, if I cut my hair short, I'll avoid having Vox and Deti hit on me? Good to know! Where are the scissors...?
My thoughts exactly. And not only is my hair almost to the bottom of my butt, but from past experience I also don't enjoy chopping off a whole lot of length at once. Just goes to show you exactly how repulsive I find this line of thinking.

My husband loves it when I cut my hair short. Funny, this guy thinks he is speaking for all men with his preferences. And when people comment to argue against him, he equates it to "female illogic". He sure is a gem!

I've had short hair since my teens, in the late/60s early 70s. And I mean short. Like half an inch. I don't have good hair, I don't know how to deal with it and I have neither the time, the talent, nor the inclination to learn. And I really don't give a shit what anyone thinks about it. It's MY hair.

My 22YO daughter (who has unbelievably gorgeous thick hair) has been wearing hers short for years as well. Super short all around except for a curtain of fringe in the front (and she insists on calling it fringe, not bangs, since she modeled it after Suede's Brett Anderson.) Interestingly, she gets stopped frequently by people asking to photograph her cut because they like it so much. Guys included, who think their SOs would look good in it.

So there, you dumb fuck.

So you mean that is not your real photo in your avatar??? :nenner:

So stupid. When I first my the man who'd become my husband, I had long hair, for me--just past my shoulder blades. He lived in a different city and our romance continued long-distance. One day, to suit myself, I went and got a bob haircut. I loved it. When he came to town and saw it, he was a bit shocked at first. But within a couple of days he was saying how adorable it was and how young it made me look. He learned to love it as I did. When I read clowns like this saying that short hair is NEVER going to be attractive to men, it's obvious to me that what they're really finding unattractive is the woman's decision to do something on her own volition, to suit herself. She could look like Charlize or Halle and they would still bitch because it wasn't their idea. I'm glad my boyfriend (now husband) was willing to give my short hair a chance. He married me anyway!

I can't make men be attracted to me. I accept that. Now, does this loser accept that he can't make women care? Because I can't imagine many do. If the hair is such a deal breaker for whatever guy it is, I guess I won't fuck that guy. Easily solved. But THIS twit is going right on the list.

In his latest post, Vox at alphagameplan.blogspot.com admonishes women who have the audacity to cut their hair short. How dare they ignore male preferences when it comes to female beauty.

He is angry b/c women have ignored a post he wrote two years ago stating that men think short hair is unattractive. ALL women should have long hair, according to him. If you have short hair you are obviously a rebellious feminist or a lesbian.

Vox wrote:

"It is true that Halle Berry and Charlize Theron are attractive with short hair. But what so many women fail to realize is that they are attractive IN SPITE of their short hair, and that they are even more attractive with long hair. And also, they are failing to take into account that very, very few women are as attractive as these two women who are very wealthy due to their exceptional genetic gifts."

A poster named Deti responded:

"Memo to women:

1. For the eleventy millionth time: Confidence in a woman means exactly jack-squat NOTHING to her physical and sexual attractiveness.

2. As a matter of fact, men are the sole arbiters of what is physically and sexually attractive in women.

Given how much I respect Vox and Deit's opinions, I'm going to start to grow out my hair down to my waist. How about you?

Wow, LIke I give a shit what "men" in general want or like. I acknowledge that I do care what my husband likes, mostly because I like sex and if I were to become repellant ot him, I'd have to find it elsewhere and what a PITA that would be. ; 0 I suspect that Deti is afraid of confident women and thinks all men are. ANd fear doesn't usually = erection, so there you go.

I have short hair and it looks better that way! Who is this patriarchal weasel to tell any women how they should look?

I got more compliments when I cut my hair super short than in the rest of my life. But more importantly, I like it, and it is comfortable and convenient. :)

It reminds me of the Duggar wedding when Anna's dad said sth like "hair are a women's glory". Narrow minded, men-centered, stupid !

Archived