IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

Okay, so months and months and months ago, there was a discussion on our prior board about a blog kept by a stay-at-home-mom/ATI person. She was a super obedience freak when it came to her kids. The post that I most remember was one in which she said that her kids' obedience had become too "automatic" and that they weren't obeying her with true joy in their hearts, so she took them on a long car ride and yelled at them about it and made them cry. Also, her daughter was becoming a teenager, or a pre-teen, or something, and she was in the process of redoing her room and putting in a cafe table, or something weird like that.

I've been thinking about that blog lately and I just can't remember what it was called. Does anyone remember? I would love to know what that crazy lady is up to now...

• 3 weeks later...

Lara, that crazy fundie who was a minimalist and took away all her kids' toys and clothes and then decided to give up her house to live on the road on an RV with all her children?

I shudder thinking about her.

She deleted her blog under the guise that blogging complicated her life too much. I don’t know if her rv plan panned out or not. I think she had several mental health problems, she seemed to just get overwhelmed a lot so she decided to minimize having to make any choices

I wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't read blogs. I get all my fundie info from here. I'll read it if someone posts a link about a particular entry, but never a whole blog.

I sometimes wish we had a FundieWiki, so I knew everyone's back stories.

ETA: missed some a lot of words.

I wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't read blogs. I get all my fundie info from here. I'll read it someone post a link about a particular entry, but never a whole blog.

I sometimes wish we FundieWiki, so I knew everyone's back stories.

what a good idea - I only started reading FJ recently and I often wish I knew the back story about the people being discussed

I read them until I want to punch myself in the face, which is usually about 20 minutes. I know that Austin has mentioned several times that she doesn't read them, which I think at least partially explains why she seems to have a level of sanity that I seriously envy.

I don't read blogs either. I will briefly check them out if someone here mentions it, but I can't stand them for more than five minutes at a time. They mostly make me ill. I get all my fundie info from here, but once you're here for a long time, you get a lot.

I get all my info from FJ. I don't read any of the blogs. I don't even watch the Duggars on tv. I don't have a lot of free time and what time I do have I'd rather spend on FJ than giving an audience to kelly and her ilk.

I only read the Mortons,Sanders,Maxwells and Seven Sisters on a regular basis. When I remember I check in on Michelle(farmhijibi) and Simplelivingalaska. I started reading the one someone posted a few days ago about the burned woman but didn't get far before I got sick of the pics on her boat.

I wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't read blogs. I get all my fundie info from here. I'll read it someone post a link about a particular entry, but never a whole blog.

I sometimes wish we FundieWiki, so I knew everyone's back stories.

I'm the same way. Their blogs either make me feel sad, disheartened, angry or just fucking pissed off. I don't enjoy it.

I like the wiki idea.

I don't read any on a regular basis. I have a lot in my Google reader because I really don't want to spend any time actually going to their blogs. I scan the reader and pick and choose which ones to read at any given time and just mark them all as read after that. I have them in my reader for when they flounce or to be able to go back and find something that comes up in discussion but mostly for the ease of scanning and picking and choosing.

Anyway. You're obviously not alone in not reading them. They're far to crazy making to read regularly or search out or follow.

The only one I read all updates on is the Maxwells and that's because I am so appalled by them...or, some other psychologically inexplicable reason.

I confess to reading niednagel. Commwhen I want to remind myself what a loser I really am in comparison with the charmed lives of the N's, the Thomases and all their other perfect friends.

The only fundie blog I read was Under $1000 a Month, but it wasn't because she was fundie, it was because she was cray-cray.

I, too, get all my fundie info from FJ.

I read a lot of the blogs, and I have a lot of pent-up rage that I end up taking out in a passive aggressive manner on my fundie mother as a direct result.

I wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't read blogs. I get all my fundie info from here. I'll read it if someone posts a link about a particular entry, but never a whole blog.

I don't read blogs, either. Most of these families bore me to death and I'm glad that others are interested in them so that I don't have to be.

The only exceptions are when I need to see something so egregious with my own eyes, like mom-from-hell-Emma.

I used to follow several religiously, but over time it started to wear on me. Now I mostly count on FJ to hit me with the highlights.

I don't read most blogs regularly either, mainly because they bore me to tears more often than not. Generally, when something is linked to here I will go read at least part of the post, usually the whole thing if it is not too long. The only blog I read on a daily basis is ZsuZsu's. I have actually read the whole thing, I didn't follow her from the beginning, but I went back and looked at all her old posts. Except I started at the beginning and worked my way back so it was really weird to see all of her kids get younger and younger. I have also read all of Emily's (under $1000) and all of Meredith's. Otherwise, I just follow the links.

I used to follow several religiously, but over time it started to wear on me. Now I mostly count on FJ to hit me with the highlights.

Word. I also used to rant like a crazy person about them in real life, like to my boyfriend. Who doesn't understand my obsession, and thought I was making broad generalizations about all Christians (which he is, though not fundie in any way), which caused a few issues. Now I don't read unless it's super interesting, or I'm super bored. Mostly I just read what's written here. I'm glad I'm not the only one, too! :)

The only fundie blog I read is the Maxwell's, and I also subscribe to their Corner's articles.

I have a handful of other blogs I read, but they have nothing to do with religion of any kind.