IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

Hey Look, I revived a dead thread!

Is there a place on this board where I can find all the social networking sites for all the Duggars? I tried Google but had trouble with some of them because I find fakes.

I have Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, I need tumblr and Instagram for the family members.

Shall I just keep Googling or is there an easier way?

Hey Look, I revived a dead thread!

Is there a place on this board where I can find all the social networking sites for all the Duggars? I tried Google but had trouble with some of them because I find fakes.

I have Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, I need tumblr and Instagram for the family members.

Shall I just keep Googling or is there an easier way?

I don't think there's a list. Here are the Duggar IGs that I know of:

@amyduggar

@annaduggar

@ben_seewald

@cldilla (Derick's mom)

@justdand (Derick's brother)

@twoheartsnhim (Amy's mom)

@derickdillard

@jessaseewald

@jillmdillard

@joshduggar

@siduggar -- Josiah

@seewaldfamily -- Ben's parents

@duggarfam -- TTH IG run by Jinger, I think

They're all mostly crickets lately. Except Amy. :roll:

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

These "peoples" aren't really lost, but getting more into FJ has reminded me of one of my gateway fundie (with a new religion twist) groups: the Lord Our Righteousness church/Strong City/Michael Travesser. It's not precisely a family, but family groups were involved, and the online presence was insanely available.

I know way too much about them (almost stalkerish and that's why I stopped for a while) but I only find one small mention in a thread here.

Would anyone be interested in going down that rabbit hole with me and seeing what they are up to now? I find them particularly interesting at this point because it was something of a cult of personality, and since their leader is in prison, some have moved on and others seem still stuck.

If I were to bring them here - what's the best way to go about it?

(I'm sure some of you are bored and would just love a new and different flavor of WTFuckery.)

• Upvote 1

I was wondering why the Willis family is not being discussed here, from what i saw the parents came out of a fundie family. They said that at there wedding there was no dancing and no music and that they would like something better for their own children, with dance and music and party. The father also said that he was socially poorly raised and that teaching there children to dance is like yes the man is leading the dance but if you want to dance together you have to give and take.

It looks like these parents got out of the dark whole, what is kind of what people want the family's discussed here to do.

How come they don't have a hall of fame here (or their own thread ;) )

• Upvote 1

There is a Willis thread. I just bumped it - hadn't been posted in since June.

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25921&p=968765&hilit=willis#p968765

There is a Willis thread. I just bumped it - hadn't been posted in since June.

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25921&p=968765&hilit=willis#p968765

Thx, i am going to read it, just saw in a quick view there are some red flags also

Okay, I know this isn't about fundies, but I am so desperate to find out what this song is and there are so many people on FJ I figured it was worth a shot.

In my history of western music class in freshmen year we listened to this REALLY weird song at the beginning and end of the semester.

I can't remember much, but I know it starts with a lady with a soft voice count. It's just her going "1, 2, 3" idk if the numbers go in order or not though. Then the...chorus of sorts is her telling a "story." I remember my professor telling us the person who made it used some kind of mini essay this like 6-year-old kid wrote. She speaks the story really fast so I don't know what she says, which si why I have totally failed at googling it. But I KNOW the story includes her rambling about boats. I think it's about watching the boats. The song also has some type of steady beat throughout it. After she rambles about the boats she goes back to counting, and repeat.

• Upvote 1

Okay, I know this isn't about fundies, but I am so desperate to find out what this song is and there are so many people on FJ I figured it was worth a shot.

In my history of western music class in freshmen year we listened to this REALLY weird song at the beginning and end of the semester.

I can't remember much, but I know it starts with a lady with a soft voice count. It's just her going "1, 2, 3" idk if the numbers go in order or not though. Then the...chorus of sorts is her telling a "story." I remember my professor telling us the person who made it used some kind of mini essay this like 6-year-old kid wrote. She speaks the story really fast so I don't know what she says, which si why I have totally failed at googling it. But I KNOW the story includes her rambling about boats. I think it's about watching the boats. The song also has some type of steady beat throughout it. After she rambles about the boats she goes back to counting, and repeat.

I don't think this is it, but the only thing I can this of is 1234 by Feist

• 3 months later...

Has the Deo volente blog been discussed by free jinger? I think the mother is called Vanessa and it is subtitled Domestic felicity.. it's not the blog by the same name in the fundie family list though. Anyone know any more?!,she's certainly snark worthy if not slightly alarming! 

Edited by Madbetty
Riffles

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2015 at 9:49 PM, zadie said:

The Banana Boat song? Henry Belafonte? It's been covered by a bunch of people in a bunch of different ways.

6 hours ago, keen23 said:

The Banana Boat song? Henry Belafonte? It's been covered by a bunch of people in a bunch of different ways.

No lol. I have that song. I'm honestly considering just emailing the professor from that class because I'm going to graduate and it will still be bothering me haha.

• 1 year later...

Is there any place we can go and just have a quick explode at the idiocy (more than normal) of that Ellie woman and her behaviour towards those poor cats! ...Otherwise I'm afraid I shan't sleep tonight between chunnering and fantasising about training her to expect food and love and then slam the door on her. 

• Upvote 1

On Thu Jan 19 2017 at 3:07 PM, MadeItOut said:

Is there any place we can go and just have a quick explode at the idiocy (more than normal) of that Ellie woman and her behaviour towards those poor cats! ...Otherwise I'm afraid I shan't sleep tonight between chunnering and fantasising about training her to expect food and love and then slam the door on her. 

You could start your own blog. :) Blogs can be about anything, as long as you don't break rules. (Like no fan fiction, no hate speech.)

• Upvote 1

On 19/08/2015 at 11:49 PM, zadie said:

i know this was forever ago, but if you ever need an answer like this again you can always try the Tip of My Tongue subreddit. reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue

On 1/21/2017 at 3:11 AM, IreneIssh said:

i know this was forever ago, but if you ever need an answer like this again you can always try the Tip of My Tongue subreddit. reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue

I do still need the name of that song so that's a great idea! Thanks!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone remember a woman with a blog that lived in Toronto, was from Ethiopia, thought she was Caucasian, and once claimed persecution at a perfume counter because the shop girl was helping another customer? Who was that? Oh and she obviously put the perfume down without reboxing it. 

22 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Does anyone remember a woman with a blog that lived in Toronto, was from Ethiopia, thought she was Caucasian, and once claimed persecution at a perfume counter because the shop girl was helping another customer? Who was that? Oh and she obviously put the perfume down without reboxing it. 

Kidist! Oh man, I haven't thought about her in donkeys years. 

ETA: if anyone wants to purchase a wall clock designed by her, now is your chance! http://www.cafepress.com/cameralucesell.154725453

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I would love to find the pages where members of the Keller family - Candice, etc - came on FJ to clear things up. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

This is probably a long shot, but I went way down a rabbit hole maybe 5/6 years ago on a blog called It's a Love Story.  It was written by a young Mormon woman who had married right at 18, popped out two babies, and then her young (seemingly healthy) husband had a stroke. He survived and she went on to blog about their post-stroke life in the most joyfully Jesus way. She became pregnant with and delivered their third child, then abruptly posted on their blog that they were getting divorced. She stopped blogging after that.  

This family was always so fascinating to me, because it seemed very blatant that the wife was having a difficult time being her husband's caretaker as well as having small children (rightfully so), but always presented this fake martyr/joyful facade. The blog never featured the husband's  point of view and I always wondered about how he felt about his wife detailing his  very traumatic life event; including pictures of his ICU stay and all the daily care she had to provide for him. They pop into my mind sometimes, but I haven't seen anything from them again. The now ex-husband's name is Chellis, the wife/blogger is Alexa (which may be short for something?). 

I feel like Alexa would be the type to start blogging again if she entered into a new Jesus-filled union and was able to present herself yet again as a martyr post-divorce. Let me know if anyone remembers them or has found any updates! 

@Meowkitties some googling led me to a blog called Ashlee’s Annals, which had the blog you’re speaking of linked in the sidebar. Chellisandalex.blogspot, but it’s no longer up (says “you don’t have permission to view” when I clicked). Here’s the way back machine link, though. I had no luck on finding anything current but maybe this will help lead you somewhere! Wayback Machine. It looks like she went by Alexa Mae and also had a free giveaway blog?

Edited by Jingeyk
  • Upvote 2

• 9 months later...

I’m looking for a blog, the name is which is on the tip of my tongue. It was run by a faux-Jew SAHD who eventually went to Israel to work in a nursing home. She had a few posts all dedicated to the mattress she stuffed and sewed for herself and her future husband (who was nowhere on the horizon.)

• Upvote 1