IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

I'm sad, too, because I missed it and it sounds pretty delightful. If Vision O'YHWH is wrong, I don't wanna be right. :lol:

If it was Simple Living Alaska, she's gone. However, a search for their blog shows up some interesting threads on FJ, including one where the facebook statues suggests they are now into polygamy.

Seriously? Do you have a link?

Seriously? Do you have a link?

I searched earlier and what happened is the husbands relationship status on Facebook was "married and looking for a polygamous marriage" but anything beyond that is unknown.

I'm sad, too, because I missed it and it sounds pretty delightful. If Vision O'YHWH is wrong, I don't wanna be right. :lol:

i'm singing that in my head now, thanks :lol:

I seriously need to be reading that blog. How selfish of them to deprive me of such pleasures!

Facebook them and tell them to put it back up. It's -2 in Fairbanks right now, I doubt they are out doing much of anything. (And this is the warmest part of the day.) I want it back too.

Why do people have to go and message threatening things to the people we laugh at? It just ruins it for everyone.

They were fake Jews and made a big deal about betrothal. They believed that once a couple was officially betrothed they were considered to be married ( I think the may even have signed all the legal paper work at the betrothal ceremony.)

After the betrothal the woman would go home with her parents and live with them until her beloved had gotten their house ready and then he'd come and get her. (IIRC, he would spring the wedding on her without much warning. )

Does anyone know who I'm talking about and what their blog is?

the last part sounds like maranatha chapman, but i don't think the family was fake jew, afaik

I remember reading something similar but it was the daughter writing on her own blog-- I think they were in Tennessee, and the wedding party had exceptionally ugly "traditional" clothing. I think that somebody more well-known attended their wedding and blogged about it as well.

Speaking of mystery blogs, there's one that's been bugging me for a while. The blog was run by two stay-at-home-daughters, both super duper frumpy--bad 80s haircuts, ill-fitting hand-me-downs. One was really thin and lanky and the other one was overweight. Whichever sister was running the blog had constant health issues, and she wrote a lot about "discontentment" that sounded an awful lot like clinical depression. I would really like to know if those two ever took control of their lives!

Thanks everyone.

It's the Everyday Set apart blog.

I knew about the Chapman's creepy matchmaking practices but I didn't realise they were fake Jews.

There's also the Warrens, lifewiththewarrenfamily.blogspot, They were in Israel with the hayovel faux jews and their oldest son was betrothed there, complete with a head scratching mikvah, but the wedding took place at a campground, I think during family week. Family week is a gathering of fake jews doing their highly offensive attempt of passover

These people fascinate me.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone remember this blogger? She was a teenager named Rachel and lived in South Africa with her mom and her brother. She and her mother were getting really interested in Judaism (I can't remember if they were messianic or not) but the brother wasn't. She was good at drawing and sometimes posted pictures of her work. When I last read the blog a few years ago the mom was marrying a guy from Alaska I think. Her mom had a blog too but didn't post much.

Does anyone remember this blog or know if Rachel or her mom still blogging?

• 2 months later...

They haven't been talked about here in awhile, and I can't find their name anywhere.

iirc, they're from Canada and have two older bio kids (one boy, 1 girl) that are both in their twenties (I think), and they have several younger girls they adopted from Asia. They live on a farm and they process meat. Anyone remember?

It might be the Yuck family:

buildingafamilythatwillstand.blogspot.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! I have a question. There was a blog I read years ago by a "stay at home daughter". I don't remember her name. I think she wore glasses. She got engaged and her proposal took place in a fast-food restaurant. I'm pretty sure it was a Burger King. Can anyone help me out? I tried searching but couldn't find anything. (Although apparently Burger King sponsored the real wedding of a couple named Mr. Burger and Ms. King. :) )

Hi all! I have a question. There was a blog I read years ago by a "stay at home daughter". I don't remember her name. I think she wore glasses. She got engaged and her proposal took place in a fast-food restaurant. I'm pretty sure it was a Burger King. Can anyone help me out? I tried searching but couldn't find anything. (Although apparently Burger King sponsored the real wedding of a couple named Mr. Burger and Ms. King. :) )

She stopped blogging but can be found here

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Everythi ... 4651873595

eta - it was arbys