IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

In the "Upcoming Baby Season" thread there is a discussion about the lack of activity on fundie blogs. I used to have a list of fundie blogs I read before logging in to FJ, but now I don't even bother looking at most of the blogs on my list.

Any theories as to why this has happened? Is it a conspiracy? Have they been told to slow down or stop completely? Are they really as busy as they claim to be?

Their headships have ordered them to spend more time birthing babies, homeschooling, house-keeping, cooking and praying. Associating with others outside of the home is just inviting idleness and unGodly thoughts. Didn't Debi Pearl advise against having friendships with other women since this might distract from the wife's focus on the husband's every whim?

I think they are too exhausted with all the home birthin', home schoolin', home churchin, and home cookin' to muster any real effort

to tell other people how to live their lives.

I'm glad they either shut down their blogs or they have reached a certain number of children where, if you want to raise them yourself, there will be no time left for blogging and posting horrid recipes and conspiracy theories. Less garbage online. Good.

Their headships have ordered them to spend more time birthing babies, homeschooling, house-keeping, cooking and praying. Associating with others outside of the home is just inviting idleness and unGodly thoughts. Didn't Debi Pearl advise against having friendships with other women since this might distract from the wife's focus on the husband's every whim?

Seen the word headship so many times that it made me wonder what friendship means in a context where D. Pearl is mentioned. I associated it with an authoritarian male figure outside her family who's there to keep her reminding of her godly duties.

Seen the word headship so many times that it made me wonder what friendship means in a context where D. Pearl is mentioned. I associated it with an authoritarian male figure outside her family who's there to keep her reminding of her godly duties.

I am ashamed to admit that I actually read Created to Be His Helpmeet (but only out of morbid curiosity). It was pretty horrifying--even worse than Michael Pearl's writing, which I didn't think possible.

I think Debi Pearl urged women to avoid more that cursory interactions with other women, as this would waste time she should be spending on her husband and her children, with the latter a distant second in importance to her husband. Teri Maxwell has advocated something similar, i.e., relationships outside of the immediate family interfere with a women's ability to devote herself to God, husband and children (and, in her case, Steve may even be more important than God). Teri does seem to socialize with some neighbours, but I don't get the impression that there is any real emotional closeness with them. Debi just thinks women are blithering idiots. I'm not sure if this is because Michael has trained her to believe this, or if she decided on her own that other women are too shallow and self-absorbed to be bothered with. Her writing is certainly dripping with distain for the women who write to her for advice.

Even Miss Raquel is starting to disappear, which I thought would never happen. I think with her what happened is her readership dropped once her twitter and ask.fm showed how worldly she is, she got a job so she doesn't sit at home doing nothing now, and(as was pointed out on her ask.fm) she has an anonymous Twitter account that I bet she uses now so that people can't criticize her.

Even Miss Raquel is starting to disappear, which I thought would never happen. I think with her what happened is her readership dropped once her twitter and ask.fm showed how worldly she is, she got a job so she doesn't sit at home doing nothing now, and(as was pointed out on her ask.fm) she has an anonymous Twitter account that I bet she uses now so that people can't criticize her.

Miss Raquel will never go away. I think she may have too many different 'net accounts, so has to spread out her posts among all of them. Her "fans" would be bereft without her!

I'm shocked that she's still working. This may be a record for her, dilettante that she is.

Does anyone know what happened to Hellena Post (and her hairy husband and lots of kids)? She made her blog private..

There was something cryptic about them being stalked or harassed, which seemed to be a real-life concern, not an internet concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry... I just now saw these responses!!!

Her name was Jess. She made soaps and lotions and sold them online. She didn't live in a church and she didn't have a son. She had a daughter. Her first husband was abusive, so she divorced him. Her second husband was a drug addict and abusive. She left him, but didn't divorce him... I can't remember the whole story, but I think he ended up in jail and his family blamed her. They ended up divorcing, but she called herself a widow.

She started "courting" some guy who gave her a button as an engagement ring... I swear the woman was addicted to marriage.

She wouldn't work outside the home, even though she and her daughter had nothing. She could barely pay rent, and had to keep moving from apartment to apartment.

I'm sure she's blogging again, but probably under a different name. She got married for the third time, and it sounded like they were going to start popping out the pups pretty quickly.

Sorry... I just now saw these responses!!!

Her name was Jess. She made soaps and lotions and sold them online. She didn't live in a church and she didn't have a son. She had a daughter. Her first husband was abusive, so she divorced him. Her second husband was a drug addict and abusive. She left him, but didn't divorce him... I can't remember the whole story, but I think he ended up in jail and his family blamed her. They ended up divorcing, but she called herself a widow.

She started "courting" some guy who gave her a button as an engagement ring... I swear the woman was addicted to marriage.

She wouldn't work outside the home, even though she and her daughter had nothing. She could barely pay rent, and had to keep moving from apartment to apartment.

I'm sure she's blogging again, but probably under a different name. She got married for the third time, and it sounded like they were going to start popping out the pups pretty quickly.

Stop insulting pups. I have two on my lap ...... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I first came to Free Jinger following a google search for my all time favourite blogger Molly Davis. She has had a few blogs, Molly in Alaska, and Adventures in Mercy being the two most recent. Molly started out as what I guess you'd call a fundie, and last I heard had divorced her abusive husband and was working in the social work field whilest completing her degree.

I'd love to know what happened to Molly, and had the sudden lightbulb moment that some of you have great internet search skills, and may even also have followed her own early days fundie blogs?

Well just in case there were any other Molly fans, this is the last instance I can find of her online soulation.org/breakfastreading/2012/06/color-outside-the-lines.html

I'm glad that she is well, thriving and moving on with her life

I was a huge fan of Molly and followed her story from soup to nuts - good to hear she's doing well! I do wish she were able to share more about her life, but I understand why she's being discreet.

I kind of hope she knows that there are people out there on the grand old Internet rooting for her......I expect one day in the future to come upon a book written by her, but for now I'm just going to have to keep on wishing her well from afar!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for the name of the woman who has a blog that looks like a Victorian pink explosion. Her sister died of cancer and she blogs about wives making their husbands happy, he is a missionary but she can't say where for his safety and she has 11 children here and one in heaven. Anyone remember her name or the name of her blog?

I belive that's the Rovirosa family from "Be a living Sacrifice." Sherry is the blogger. bealivingsacrifice.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone hook me up with backstory on the Arndts? Maybe a blog link? I've seen them mentioned but they're not a family I'm familiar with and not in the who's who.

• 1 month later...

There was a blog about your typical fundie family where one of the young daughters had been raped by a neighbor. I think in her own bedroom. The mom mentioned it a few times. It was only maybe a year ago. Anyone know who that was?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! I know this one. It sounds like you're talking about Legacy of Home by Mrs. White. She's very sad and passive aggressive and inserts (gentle smiles) into her passive aggressive whining a lot.

thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com

Ah Mrs. White....

I have read her blog for several years now. She is an interesting person. Her and Lori remind me of each other, except Mrs. White is POOR.

Mrs. White is always lamenting her "lot in life" but in a very passive aggressive way. Here is one example.

With our current car crisis, Mister decided a broken down Cadillac is better than no car at all. It is now on the road. (His old van died last week.) The car is very pretty to look at. It is luxurious to ride in, but doesn't run well.

The other night, Mister took John (16) and I out in the evening. We did the grocery shopping. I felt like royalty riding in that beautiful car. We drove out of the long driveway of our old Estate. I thought to myself, no one would ever believe we were poor. But perhaps I have to get my thinking straight. What exactly is "poor?"

Many around us have debts. I often see a brand new car pull into the driveway to pick up one of my children. I say, "That was bought with car payments!" Well, of course I am judging, but I can't imagine anyone having thousands of dollars to pay cash for these new cars! I see people buying brand new clothes all the time. But I don't see them using cash. They have those little cards that let them buy on "time." Many, in our community, and around this country, are far more poor than our family, because they are burdened with consumer debts. We often joke that we are "too poor to get into debt!"

So, I am thinking. . . Mister's Cadillac is paid for. . . We have a small mortgage on our House. . . We have no other debt. Yet throughout the year, we have major financial problems - like when the hot water heater had to be replaced. We had no money at the time. Earlier this year, our washing machine gave out and had to be replaced. It took every last dime we had saved to replace it with the cheapest model Sears had in stock. Are we poor?

When we got to the supermarket the other night, we felt like we were rich in that beautiful car. We bought 2 carriages full of groceries, knowing we wouldn't be going back out for quite some time. We never know when the car will work or not, and we must stock up. That Cadillac has an enormous trunk and easily held all our shopping bags. We were able to ride home in comfortable, leather luxury.

As we drove down the road, we prayed. We all prayed, "Lord, please help us get home." Because that car could die at any time, just like my car did late one afternoon in June of this year.

We are rich in some ways, but poor in others. We live on a financial roller coaster, but this is the way it was for many people before the credit card industry came along and convinced shoppers what a privilege it would be to have everything "now," rather than going without.

To answer the question: Yes, we are poor. Right now, my biggest worry is finding a way to fix our wood pellet stove (for $300), and buying enough wood pellets to keep us warm this coming winter. But somehow, someway, we are getting through it. Just like the Pioneer mothers and Depression-Era mothers. We have a history of poor families who made it through life with joy and gratefulness as our example. And even though at times our financial poverty has us crippled with worry or sadness, in the end, God provides.

We pay for almost everything on our credit card. We also pay it off every month. It has bought us several round trip, first class trips, here and abroad. We have flown several times, using miles. We have a new vehicle that we just purchased, but we will pay it off in a few months. We just didn't want to use up all our liquidity when we are getting ready to move our college kids into apartments.

I have been POOR! My ex-husband was/is poor. He has no desire to change. We are not "wealthy" but we are doing well for ourselves. I feel sorry for Mrs. White. I think she tries to convince herself that people are in debt to make her feel better about her life choices.

To me, Mrs. White is the typical stay at home, fundie, QF woman. A life of hardship.