IGNORED

The Free Jinger Lost & Found

theologygeek

She posted a little explanation this morning - it was "site issues" and a "blog break" all rolled into one, apparently. Why on earth she redirected her page to jesus-is-savior.com is anyone's guess.

She posted a little explanation this morning - it was "site issues" and a "blog break" all rolled into one, apparently. Why on earth she redirected her page to jesus-is-savior.com is anyone's guess.

She is cracked. I'm surprised it was not something more ridiculous like a link to the "silent scream" video she is so fond of.......

She is one I wish would stay gone. And it wasn't site issues......it was operated issues is my guess.

Candy never makes mistakes with computers. She worked for IBM and is a pro who knows how to hack and program about anything, dontcha know. :roll:

ETA: You weren't insinuating that she took down her blog on purpose to wipe posts? Cause Candy would never do that, she's absolutely honest and steadfast!

Candy never makes mistakes with computers. She worked for IBM and is a pro who knows how to hack and program about anything, dontcha know. :roll:

ETA: You weren't insinuating that she took down her blog on purpose to wipe posts? Cause Candy would never do that, she's absolutely honest and steadfast!

But she was always having problems with "hackers." Or was that code for "I posted something that pissed people off now I will back peddle, delete it and pretend I'm hack-worthy?"

That can't possibly be true, Candy never contradicts herself. I am sure the FBI is after her because she is so freaking speshul. Her hackerproblems can't be explained otherwise.

Ok, maybe aliens.

I know every time I bring up Candy, a million of you probably groan - sorry about that.

No way! We all have our little faves that should be shared.

btw I also enjoy Jesus~is~saviour.com Learned a lot of weirdness from that site.

The Candy Archive-is it gone? I went to the link but it's says it not there anymore. Is it somewhere else now? I had something to email them.

Ah Ha! I see that the Candy Archive is at a different url now. The url on FJ (Blogspot) is invalid. I have the correct url now. Good thing too cuz I really enjoy the Candy Archive. Sorry. :roll: Just ignore this post. I already emailed The Archivist.

Yeah, that listing is outdated - sorry about that. I took the original full archive down at Candy's request. But I have a public website now that just posts snippets - thecandyarchive.com

A few years ago I used to read a blog about a young family who intended to be quiverful. The mother wrote the blog and at the time they only had one child I think a boy, they might have had another on the way - I can't remember rightly. They lived in a small trailer (not knocking people in trailers btw) and were planning on homeschooling. The husband had a very low paid job.

The mum seemed to have the mentality that Emily had; you can pack half dozen kids in the trailer, but she did intend to move to somewhere larger as soon as they could afford it. She didn't seem that bright to be honest, which at the time surprised me that she was homeschooling - it doesn't now of course, but at the time I was only just starting to find out about the homeschooling quiverful movement. She seemed to be enamoured on the Wisdom booklets I think and I am sure I remember her either saying she battled depression or getting the impression from her blog that she had depression.

Any of the great sages of FJ got any ideas?

Are you thinking of Brandy who lived in the trailer and a few months ago, went all ape about losing weight and was showing on her blog, the contents of her fridge (including pack after pack of Pepsi Throwback?). She was also the borderline "un-schooler", the family doesn't have a car and the husband bikes to work? If that's who you are thinking of, here she is:

thecormierfamily.org

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what happened to the Orvisburg Adventures blog ?

I tried searching for it on Google and it will not come up. I believe it is a family of 11 and it may be The Gilmore Family.

Have any idea, did they move their blog to a new address ? Or shut it down ?

If no clue, anyone have any updates. Thanks.

I have been following Abigail Otwell's blog for a while now, since it first started, and I noticed that she rarely mentions her family. I know she doesn't live close to them, but most posts about family are of Taylor's family (husband).

Does anyone know anything about her family ? Her maiden name used to be Sawyer. Do any of her family members have blogs ?

Also, one thing I did notice is she used to wear skirts and doesn't wear them anymore, she has been wearing jeans in her pictures. Which was quite surprising.

Thanks.

Here is a broken link: otwellfamily.com/

Well, one person who left a comment did mention Abby's sister:

Victoria Faith S.

20Jan

Your sister Hannah sent me a link to see the pictures. She is adorable! Congratulations =)

I follow her blog too, and I know her family moved far away after she got married. And I think her hubby's family lives a lot closer. IIRC, her sister (or maybe 2 of them) came to visit her. I know she's also flown to see her family. I got the impression that her family is pretty poor, so they might not have the money to come fly out to see her.

I did some reading and now I remember her. Her family lives in WY. I think her mother had a baby about a year before she did :( His father is divorced from the mother and has a GF 'Tina', I don't know if they are shacking up or not. And he still has a relationship with his mother who was engaged at the time they had the first kid. Oh and she's the one that gave her husband cheetos, pretzels, snickers and coke for their first anniversary. No idea what he does for a living but she just squirts out babies.

I want to be able to do this to my hair but I would need a tutorial....any websites? I tried to look at the mormonhair website but I couldn't find anything there when I did a quick look through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

assuming you mean FLDS hair (and not normal mormon hair, in which case I have no idea what that is), they used to self=publish a dvd tutorial on how to mimic the hairstyles. the official website closed down a few years ago, but I think you can still get the dvds off ebay

This blog has a lot of really good reference pictures.

http://mormonhair.tumblr.com/page/41

Usually you can figure out how to fix it by picking it apart and doing each "part" of the style. You might look up 40's hairstyle tutorials under rats and rolls. They are very similar to what the ladies are wearing in these pictures. Otherwise I see a lot of braiding.

Thanks, snarkbillie! I have a feeling I will be stuck on this site for hours now. I'm absolutely in love with this picture. I love their style.

Those are all actually very 40's hairstyles. You want to check YouTube for things like "Victory rolls". You should be able to extrapolate from there how to get your hair to do what you want it to.

0KidsAndHappy wrote:

Thanks, snarkbillie! I have a feeling I will be stuck on this site for hours now. I'm absolutely in love with this picture. I love their style.

Those women are all pretty stylish. What happened to the FLDS sense of fashion. This is a photo of the 'wives' waiting for their husbands to be released from jail, they all look a lot more dolled up than todays FLDS and frumpers.