IGNORED

Kidist, spoiling for a fight?

Marian the Librarian

Well, imagine if she suddenly didn't have anyone to hate on. What would she do with herself then?

Post low resolution photos of flowers and stained glass windows.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fortunately for Kidist, the Square One shopping mall provides her with a daily dose of rage. Apparently, it is not a thing of beauty.

A little gem from Kidist in the comments section of her article on the Bold Victorian Lady Traveler:

You miss my point on the Edwardian lady travelers vs. the Victorian Lady traveler. I don't see that much difference between the two (see below).

You seem to think "autonomy" is the greatest thing that happened to women. As visceral male reaction shows us, women can get raped for this "autonomy."

Women knew this. They knew that men could protect them, but they could "rape" and destroy them too. Now we have lost that instinct.

But I don't think your point stands. Women doing anything adventurous on their own would have been frowned upon in both societies, and even physically stopped.

And Stark took all kinds of "feminine" precautions, such as getting male leaders on her side through monetary and humanitarian means (she nursed THEIR wounded men!).

Lara Logan would never do this. She strutted along using her sexuality. The result was she got raped.

Those are some fine words from a woman who travels to New York by herself.

Bumping to report that Kidist is getting a run for her money:

But never fear, she has a devoted leghumper who reassures Kidist that

Dear dumbass leghumper, the definition of "personage" is: per·son·age. A person (often used to express their significance, importance, or elevated status), or A character in a play or other work. It is not a fancy word for "person" that makes you look smart. You are either calling Kidist's detractors important people (we are! :D :lol: ), or you are saying that they don't exist. :doh:

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Like using "chivalry" when you mean "being nice to women". Or, even worse, "penultimate" to mean "extra-super-special ultimate" instead of "second to the most ultimate."

Fortunately for Kidist, the Square One shopping mall provides her with a daily dose of rage. Apparently, it is not a thing of beauty.

A little gem from Kidist in the comments section of her article on the Bold Victorian Lady Traveler:

You miss my point on the Edwardian lady travelers vs. the Victorian Lady traveler. I don't see that much difference between the two (see below).

You seem to think "autonomy" is the greatest thing that happened to women. As visceral male reaction shows us, women can get raped for this "autonomy."

Women knew this. They knew that men could protect them, but they could "rape" and destroy them too. Now we have lost that instinct.

But I don't think your point stands. Women doing anything adventurous on their own would have been frowned upon in both societies, and even physically stopped.

And Stark took all kinds of "feminine" precautions, such as getting male leaders on her side through monetary and humanitarian means (she nursed THEIR wounded men!).

Lara Logan would never do this. She strutted along using her sexuality. The result was she got raped.

I made that comment. And I stand by it. The Victorian and Edwardian eras were very different and it was much easier for ladies to travel independently in the early 20th century, especially within the established british empire, than the mid to late 18th century.

And autonomy is pretty important when talking about women travelling alone. I didn't mention rape cause neither did Kidist in her original article and, um, I'm a normal person who doesn't associate female autonomy with rape? And I know that upper class "lady" travellers were usually attended by at the very least a local male luggage bearer and were very rarely sexually assaulted.

But either way, Kidist simply got it wrong with headlining her article as "Victorian" when the dates listed are clearly Edwardian.

Dear dumbass leghumper, the definition of "personage" is: per·son·age. A person (often used to express their significance, importance, or elevated status), or A character in a play or other work. It is not a fancy word for "person" that makes you look smart. You are either calling Kidist's detractors important people (we are! :D :lol: ), or you are saying that they don't exist. :doh:

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. Like using "chivalry" when you mean "being nice to women". Or, even worse, "penultimate" to mean "extra-super-special ultimate" instead of "second to the most ultimate."

I actually thought the "leghumper" was Kidist replying to herself -- it sounds exactly like her. There are very few comments to her posts, and she seems to be deleting most of them. I imagine she considers them insufficiently refined to grace her blog.

Lemme calm down before I can try to write a rational response to this.

No, female autonomy does not cause rape. You know what causes rape? Rapists. And you know what gender they are - almost overwhelmingly so? Male. Locking women up in their homes doesn't stop them being raped by their husbands, uncles, brothers-in-law (and, as most people with two brain cells to rub together know, a large proportion of rapes happen by people the woman knows). You know what does stop rape? Men acknowledging that women are people and not objects to be used and discarded. In other words, men refraining from raping stops women being raped. It is not a difficult concept.

I saw this picture on FB the other day and think it's fitting:

stoprape_zpse8d16009.jpg

Bumping to report that Kidist is getting a run for her money:

But never fear, she has a devoted leghumper who reassures Kidist that

Poor anon. Just accept it for what it is and you can enjoy the ride...

I really don't know much about her yet, and trying to read her posts made my eyes cross but I took special notice of the fact that she said "In Bruges" (one of my favorite movies) is creepy because there is a "dwarf" in it. (Peter Dinklage)

I really don't know much about her yet, and trying to read her posts made my eyes cross but I took special notice of the fact that she said "In Bruges" (one of my favorite movies) is creepy because there is a "dwarf" in it. (Peter Dinklage)

Al Jolson says:

22NQuPrwbHA

I'm gonna explode now. Peter Dinklage is a brilliant actor--he does drama and comedy equally well (did anyone else catch him on SNL last Saturday?), and he's a very intelligent, witty man (per his recent appearance on The Daily Show). And he's damn good-looking. Kidist is a clueless immigrant who works in a department store.

I actually thought the "leghumper" was Kidist replying to herself -- it sounds exactly like her. There are very few comments to her posts, and she seems to be deleting most of them. I imagine she considers them insufficiently refined to grace her blog.

She is deleting her own comments. She'll make a couple of stabs at a response before she lands on the one she likes. I picture her in her cloche hat and gloves, half-pint of Harp and purple rose at her side, typing incoherent rants before she can calm down enough to land on a response that would have won the approval of the love of her life, Larry Auster.

Can Bruges be re-captured and reclaimed?

I trust she's raising funds for an invasion.

I'm gonna explode now. Peter Dinklage is a brilliant actor--he does drama and comedy equally well (did anyone else catch him on SNL last Saturday?), and he's a very intelligent, witty man (per his recent appearance on The Daily Show). And he's damn good-looking. Kidist is a clueless immigrant who works in a department store.

I totally want to f*ck Peter Dinklage's brains out. Funny, smart, witty, handsome- that smile!- who cares how tall he is?

Peter Dinklage = fantastic actor, brilliant dude in every interview I've seen. Kidist = full of hate and ridiculous ideas.

If she genuinely has a phobia of people with growth syndromes, she needs to get help from a professional. I had a phobia of another physical variation maybe 2% of people in the US have---had had this phobia since childhood---and, when I was an adult, did desensitization therapy to overcome it so I wouldn't upset people with this variation or hurt their feelings by an involuntary response. It only took five sessions with a qualified cognitive behavioral therapist.

Peter Dinklage = fantastic actor, brilliant dude in every interview I've seen. Kidist = full of hate and ridiculous ideas.

If she genuinely has a phobia of people with growth syndromes, she needs to get help from a professional. I had a phobia of another physical variation maybe 2% of people in the US have---had had this phobia since childhood---and, when I was an adult, did desensitization therapy to overcome it so I wouldn't upset people with this variation or hurt their feelings by an involuntary response. It only took five sessions with a qualified cognitive behavioral therapist.

I realize that you probably took pains to not say what this phobia is, but I'm so curious. I've made a list:

fear of bald people?

fear of blondes?

fear of gingers ?

fear of left handed people?

fear of some race?

fear of old people?

Fear of albinos?

Fear of tall people?

• 1 month later...

I was starting to think that Kidist had turned her (obsessive) attention to all things beautiful and refined, instead of ranting about all the different people she hates. Not to worry--she's on a full-out tirade in response to a television show about Toronto (ww3.tvo.org/video/192053/stay-classy-Toronto). She's currently involved in taking stalker-ish photos of "low class" (read: Asian-influenced cuisine) restaurants and apartment buildings in "low class" (read: "Asian") neighbourhoods to prove how multiculturalism has "ruined" Toronto. I envision her crouching behind cars and bushes, leaping out to snap a photo, then rushing away--her photos definitely have that feel to them.

FJer-ites from the Toronto area in particular may enjoy Kidist's most recent musings:

reclaimbeauty.blogspot.ca/

Seriously, what is it with Kidist and her crazed hatred of everything and everyone even remotely connected with Asia? I know she hates a lot of people, but she seems to be especially vitriolic about anyone she suspects may have an Asian heritage, even those whose families have lived in Canada for decades.

I was starting to think that Kidist had turned her (obsessive) attention to all things beautiful and refined, instead of ranting about all the different people she hates. Not to worry--she's on a full-out tirade in response to a television show about Toronto (ww3.tvo.org/video/192053/stay-classy-Toronto). She's currently involved in taking stalker-ish photos of "low class" (read: Asian-influenced cuisine) restaurants and apartment buildings in "low class" (read: "Asian") neighbourhoods to prove how multiculturalism has "ruined" Toronto. I envision her crouching behind cars and bushes, leaping out to snap a photo, then rushing away--her photos definitely have that feel to them.

FJer-ites from the Toronto area in particular may enjoy Kidist's most recent musings:

Seriously, what is it with Kidist and her crazed hatred of everything and everyone even remotely connected with Asia? I know she hates a lot of people, but she seems to be especially vitriolic about anyone she suspects may have an Asian heritage, even those whose families have lived in Canada for decades.

Kidist just hates anyone who could possibly be happier and doing better than her, how dare they succeed in life and buy expensive handbags, how dare they find other ethnicities to love and marry, do they not know they are inferior to her?

I don't know who taught her to write an essay but if that new blog is going to be part of her new book, it is no wonder it will be a vanity printing. Every thought and "idea" feels disjointed and she clearly doesn't understand any research she claims to do.

Also I would happily eat at the places she's photographed, and no halal Chinese is not a strange idea just as yes Hakka Chinese is a totally valid and real group, Google is your friend. Wait I take that back, even Google wouldn't want to befriend her.

Also I would happily eat at the places she's photographed, and no halal Chinese is not a strange idea just as yes Hakka Chinese is a totally valid and real group, Google is your friend. Wait I take that back, even Google wouldn't want to befriend her.

I was inspired to have passaman pork delivered from our local Thai take-out joint after seeing those photos. I think Kidist would have needed CPR at the mere thought.

Google...not a Queen's English word. Might be "multi-culti". The horror! Kidist would rather go to the library (in an upper class, all "white" neighbourhood) to look stuff up.

I get a very "Alice in Wonderland" feeling when I read Kidist's posts. She's so disconnected from any sort of reality that you find yourself looking around for invisble cats and hookah smoking caterpillars, and they wouldn't be out of place at all.

Lol, what about the "strange combination" of Chinese and halal... because there are only 50 million Chinese muslims. :roll: Also the group that "Calls itself Hakka" only has about 80 million members... but whatever, Kidist, they're weird and you're normal, right?

I shouldn't have looked at her blog. Now i've got a huge craving for a pile of garlic naan & a big bowl of Malabar curry.

:drool:

As a white upper middle class person from a 'leafy area' I can safely say that I often go out with friends to 'vibrant' 'ethnic' places in 'run down inner city' areas. The food is usually awesome & cheap.

Well there are about 24,147,000 people of Amhara origin in the world, so surely she's all special and great in comparison to all these dime a dozen Asian's yes? And now I really just want huge bowls of daal makhani naan and bengali prawn curry, and perhaps some Hakka noodles...darn.

But really has anyone told her that copy pasting paragraphs doesn't make a scholarly essay?

Wonder why she bothered to start a new blog at all? She could have posted her rambling "musings" on the old blog as well, especially as the topics, different when starting out, are now just the same. Perhaps she thinks she can escape haters like us in this manner.

The only good thing I have to say about her: She's not a religious nutjob.

Wonder why she bothered to start a new blog at all? She could have posted her rambling "musings" on the old blog as well, especially as the topics, different when starting out, are now just the same. Perhaps she thinks she can escape haters like us in this manner.

I don't think she's interested in escaping us "haters." She likes having opposition, even as she shies away from direct conflict--being hated by the likes of us proves she's right, and is saying something important.

Also, she didn't hide the fact that she was starting her new blog, or do anything to keep its existence on the down-low, safe from her "haters." She expected us to follow, I think. The problem was, her writings about aesthetics were disjointed, while at the same time being mind-numbingly dull. Posting bad pics of faux-Irish themed pub decor, and commenting on it? Gimme a fucking break. She had nothing interesting to say. What gets her pageviews is her crazycakes Black White Supremacist hate posts; nobody gives a shit about her stunted concepts of Beauty.

It's possible she was losing pageviews, so she went back to making hateposts. But I suspect it was not an intentional decision at all. Even she seemed bored with her posts on aesthetics, and she was the one writing them! They failed to give her hateful little soul adequate room to express itself in all its embittered, disappointed, rage-filled glory. And you can't keep hate like hers suppressed for long; sooner or later, it's coming out. So I think it just crept back in, despite her original intentions.

The only good thing I have to say about her: She's not a religious nutjob.

Well, not primarily so. On her old blog, she waved the flag for some sort of traditional Christianity every once in a while, when it suited her to do so. I don't know what Christian denomination she considers herself a member of, but she seemed to at least be in nodding agreement with conservative Catholics and Anglicans. But I've never seen a post of hers that revealed much of an inner spiritual life at all. Her references to Christianity were either to praise it as the foundation of Western civilization and morality (and thus inherently in opposition to Islam or Asian religions), or else to call on God as backup for her own hate-filled views. I've never got a sense that she invoked God or religion out of any real commitment to either.

Actually, Mrs. Columbo had her own series. IIRC, the series ran for one or two years, and she was played by Kate Mulgrew (Commander Janeway in "Star Trek Voyager"). If someone thinks I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.

You are quite correct about Mrs Columbo and than Kate Mulgrew played the part. I've been a fan of Kate's ever since she was on Ryan's Hope way back when.

There's a famous quote by Ginger or possibly about Ginger "I did everything that Fred did except backwards and in high heels".

Archived