IGNORED

Fundie lite SAHM on weaving in Jewish traditions

lilwriter85

At the seder at our Hillel, a former professor talked about how the latest theory is that the Last Supper was not a seder.

With all of this in mind, I began to research the Jewish culture and heritage. I am going to Israel in June, and this got me thinking (especially around Easter): Why can't Christians celebrate the tradition of Passover? We share a heritage with them, "God's chosen people." Although the changes took place when they did not accept Christ as the Messiah, they have deep Biblical roots. In talking with my parents about this, my mom reminded me that her father used to do a Jewish passover service when he was pastoring their church in Arkansas. He gave value to this tradition of remembrance.

Bitch, that's called the Tanakh. The "Old Testament" is just the testament to Jews. Christians stole Jewish holy books, not the other way around, you silly bint.

Gah! Sorry, Christians who get all surprised that Jews know a little about the "Old Testament" drive me bonkers.

Is it cultural appropriation for me to pretend to be all southern and say "bless her heart"? She really does seem like a 13 year old in a grown woman's body.

It's past my bedtime, so I'm just laughing at some of this stuff.

She writes with the maturity of a teenager. "Oh wow, Jews and Greeks! Look how exotic they are!"

I am a Greek Jew. I really just want to tell her this and watch her head explode. :pink-shock:

Is it cultural appropriation for me to pretend to be all southern and say "bless her heart"? She really does seem like a 13 year old in a grown woman's body.

It might be if there was such a thing as Southern American culture, but since America has no cultures of its own....lol. With that said, as a Southerner I give you permission because if anyone deserves a "well bless her heart, she can't helps that she's dumber than a stump," she does.

Obviously, her glamorous semester abroad did nothing but line up her world view with the stereotype of the Ugly American.

I just want to leave her a comment saying "bitch please! you are NOT a chosen one, just deal with it and stop trying to co-opt the shit my people do!"

I know two people already said it, but I'll say it again - Greek Orthodox CHRISTIANS are CHRISTIAN (dumbass).

Once some fundie do-gooders visited Vespers at the parish where my oldest attends. They were chatting over coffee afterwards and explained that they'd come to get some idea of an Orthodox service, because they were about to take a missionary trip to Greece where, I quote, "we just want to take the Bible to them in their own language." :angry-banghead:

You can't make this shit up.

This reminds me of my sister's mormon boyfriend who, in the 1980's, was sent as a missionary to Northern Ireland. Because what NI needed at that time was more religion... :cray-cray:

This reminds me of my sister's mormon boyfriend who, in the 1980's, was sent as a missionary to Northern Ireland. Because what NI needed at that time was more religion... :cray-cray:

well, the Christian Union at York asked for our prayers for Belfast University which only had (some number akin to 2 or 3) Christians...

I risked it and ventured over to read her posts and all I can say is wow, this person is dim and insulting. It is perfectly fine to respect, admire and enjoy a culture. It is perfectly fine to want to understand and learn more about a culture. But to decide that you want to emulate a whole culture because of one family or what you see in a movie is insulting. Expand your horizons by meeting people in the culture. Learn about what people in different areas of the country you are interested in do, believe, worship, celebrate, mourn. Just as not everyone in the US thinks and acts as one homogeneous blob neither do the people who live in other countries.

And the idea that the only difference between someone who is Jewish and someone who is Christian is that the Jewish person chose not to believe in Christ makes me want to spit. No, the evil Jews didn't steal your religion and leave off the most important part. Christianity took the Jewish religion and warped what it stood for. The Christian religion is the thief in this situation!

PS For the record, properly made Baklava is better than sex. Yum

I risked it and ventured over to read her posts and all I can say is wow, this person is dim and insulting. It is perfectly fine to respect, admire and enjoy a culture. It is perfectly fine to want to understand and learn more about a culture. But to decide that you want to emulate a whole culture because of one family or what you see in a movie is insulting. Expand your horizons by meeting people in the culture. Learn about what people in different areas of the country you are interested in do, believe, worship, celebrate, mourn. Just as not everyone in the US thinks and acts as one homogeneous blob neither do the people who live in other countries.

And the idea that the only difference between someone who is Jewish and someone who is Christian is that the Jewish person chose not to believe in Christ makes me want to spit. No, the evil Jews didn't steal your religion and leave off the most important part. Christianity took the Jewish religion and warped what it stood for. The Christian religion is the thief in this situation!

PS For the record, properly made Baklava is better than sex. Yum

I thought she was very insulting when she that stuff about Jews and Jesus. Overall, Ashley is a huge dumb ass about many things. Her latest blog posting is for people to vote for a contest so her sister can travels with the Toms company to hand out shoes.

Archived