IGNORED

Super Soup Recipes

MamaJunebug

I use the baggie method too, whenever I dice up veggies for a meal, I save the extra bits (mushroom stems, onion tops, other odds and ends) and freeze them. After a roast chicken dinner, I dump the carcass in with the veg, and make a great chicken stock!

In my country Sunday is a soup day.

Usually it's beef soup with preferably home made (cut by hand) small noodles. And of course, every mom makes the best soup ever :)

But the basic are the same: beef meat (it can be less desired piece), beef bones, yellow and orange carrots, root celery, parlsey (with root), bay leaf, garlic, an onion (for extra flavor you can ''burn'' it a bit before putting it in the pot), tomato, pepper, kohlrabi, cabbage leaves - everything with moderation, of course. We cook it on low for 2-3 hours (I guess it looks like stock?).

The best part is eating all the meat and vegetables as a main dish on Sunday lunch :)

These all sound yummy. I like a clear chicken soup with chunks of chicken meat, scallions, barley, and a few bits of chorizo for heat and depth.

Archived