IGNORED

YHWH Lead Description of Betrothal/Wedding

longskirts

This blog is bizarre. What is this half assed tzsinus?

Funny thing is- at least here in Brooklyn- most modern Hasidic women are total label and fashion divas!

I know it's shitty, but do any other Jews on the forum feel really Gretchen Wieners about these J4Jay-sus?

You know, like, "you can't sit with us!!"?

I remember this blogger from when she was pals with the Dixons, in the golden age of Feelin Feminine and Faux Judaism. She seemed slightly more normal than the Dixons back then.

Anyway, at the cost of seeming superficial, it looks to me like everyone is rather shabbily dressed at this wedding. I get not every wedding has to be super fancy and elegant, but most people look...I don't know, so everyday and neglected.

The constant, obstinate misunderstanding of anything Jewish is weird too.

Were the Dixons the ones who moved to Costa Rica, then begged for things like bobby pins and baking soda because they couldn't find then in CR?

Were the Dixons the ones who moved to Costa Rica, then begged for things like bobby pins and baking soda because they couldn't find then in CR?

Yep.

Everyone walked behind the horse? Dodging piles of horse maneure does not a happy wedding day make -- at least in my book.

And if I were the groom's father, I'd have chosen a warmer "season".

Three months without seeing one's spouse?!

Oh, more fundie fathers showing off their power trip.

:sleeping:

Yep, that's about the shape of it. Did you notice that the father gets to literally play God?

So they didn't know when the wedding would occur? Maybe when they have a baby they won't know when it's due, either. They can call Dede and Greg for advice!

Everyone walked behind the horse? Dodging piles of horse maneure does not a happy wedding day make -- at least in my book.

And if I were the groom's father, I'd have chosen a warmer "season".

Actually it looks like he got off the horse and then he and the bride rode to the ceremony site in one of those little golf cart looking things that they use to cart stuff around in parks. Tacky!

I think the food image above is maybe supposed to be a pizza that says "trumpets" on it for some reason?

I know from the photos also in attendance was the traveling Torah family ourwholeheartedfamily.com what I'll never understand is YHWH Leads her husband made very good money in TX with his business if you look at past photos on her now defunct blog yhwhleads.blogspot.com their home was gorgeous.

The bit that really got me was the outdoor wedding picnic in weather so cold the guests had to wear puffa jackets.

Also there are tonnes of these guys. Where on earth did they all come from at zero notice? Is there a vast colony of faux-Jews in this particular corner of rural America?

Why do all the messianics move to Costa Rica? Are the immigration laws super lax for Americans there?

Goddamit. Damn crazy people ruining our retirement plans. In short: yes, the immigration laws are quite generous to Americans with a little bit of money, and even more generous to Americans with quite a bit of money.

I remember reading a story about a fundie family that did the same thing. The father got to pick the day and time the boy showed up while the girl sat around waiting and "preparing herself", whatever the hell that means. I get the feelling most of these folks would be obsessed with role playing games if they didn't have religion to amuse them.

The part that seemed so LSD trippy to me was when they'd burst into this mainical looking laughter and their mouths were so wide open they looked like they were trying to swallow their own faces. Reminded me of that TLC show (I think it was TLC) with the virgin brides/grooms that had never kissed before and practically ate each other's faces off. And the vertical, fully clothed sex going on there, so wrapped around each other. Very odd.

Any idea where in Kentucky this wedding happened?

Kenlake State Resort Park, Hardin, KY

Is there a vast colony of faux-Jews in this particular corner of rural America?

It's called Family Week people travel from all over the country to attend.

Kenlake State Resort Park, Hardin, KY

It's called Family Week people travel from all over the country to attend.

Interesting - thanks for the information. Are you a Family Week attendee, past or present? Do you have a connection to the couple in these photos?

I remember reading a story about a fundie family that did the same thing. The father got to pick the day and time the boy showed up while the girl sat around waiting and "preparing herself", whatever the hell that means. I get the feelling most of these folks would be obsessed with role playing games if they didn't have religion to amuse them.

Are you thinking of Maranatha and Matthew Chapman? This wedding also featured a bride who had met the groom at around 12 or so, when he was a grown-ass man? I think she was 14 or 15 at the wedding?

Perhaps the creepiest fundie wedding in history. They married off their oldest daughter at around 16 too, IIRC.

Archived