IGNORED

God Already Knows Who Will Win Amazing Race!

MorbidAwe

Am I mean cause I always root against all the contestants on these types of shows, who plain won't shut up about God? I hate to admit it, but sometimes I get sucked into America's Next Top Model (even though I want to punch Tyra in the face), and one season a girl swore "God had a plan for her, win or lose". Funny part is she didn't seem so sure of that plan once she got kicked off. They always think, you just need to be the best Christian and you will always win and get everything your way, funny it doesn't seem that way too often, in real life or on these Reality Competitions.

As long as it's not Max and Katie, I don't care who wins. Max and Katie are the douche-iest. I was pissed when last week wasn't an elimination leg and they came in last. I haven't watched this weeks episode yet.

I will also admit that I hate it when these contestants, athletes, etc. go on and on about being blessed. I'm pretty sure that if there were a God, he wouldn't give two shits about your football game or making sure you win the Amazing Race.

Oh, aren't Max and Katie the worst!!!? I kind of hope the team with the gay guy and the girl (why can I NOT remember their names?) go far, they seem to be the underdogs at this point.

So, it was God that cost those girls ALL DAY over that ticket because they were too dumb to understand that they were supposed to 'pay their ticket' on the spot to the supervisor on the road, and barring that they were supposed to pay it in multiples at the police station?

The other team had NO trouble getting in and out on their ticket. My guess is that they paid it in a far more appropriate manner and kept the cameras off of the transaction because they were a bit quicker on the draw of how to conduct business in Botswana. I made a comment that those gils were offered the chance to coast if they just paid off the supervisor on the road and DH laughed and said NO WAY would those two ever consider that. They are lucky they weren't jailed for refusing to follow the local expectations!

Eh, I can't get too worked up over the people who like to blather on during their stints on reality TV that "God is in control and what happens was meant to be." It does bug me when they stop in the middle of Amazing Race challenges to pray to God to help them find the clue first, or whatever. This sort of thing was why the long-ago TWOP recapper who used to cover The Amazing Race coined the term "God is in the tub." (as in, God is busy taking a bubble bath, children, so don't bug him with trivial things like clue-finding. It's His "Me" time.)

At first I kind of liked the girls, I believe one is a decendent of Daniel Boone and the other one is the decendent of someone else kind of famous. They are part of a country band that Mr Morbid hasn't even heard of, and he only listens to country.

It seemed kind of weird when they sang in the cab an episode or two, ago. The cabbie was all like 'wtf'. Now I can't wait for them to go. I was totally laughing at the speeding ticket fiasco! The whole "I've talked my way out of tickets, before!" from one of them was irritating. Only ugly fat people get tickets, right? Were they trying to use the jedi mind trick when they kept whining "you don't have to give us a ticket"?

The scary thing is that Caroline and Jennifer are not even the most obnoxious God-botherers to have been on The Amazing Race. Anybody but me remember the Weavers from the family edition? Absolutely loathsome horrible people whose awfulness was totally out of step with their constant religious blathering.

Am I mean cause I always root against all the contestants on these types of shows, who plain won't shut up about God? I hate to admit it, but sometimes I get sucked into America's Next Top Model (even though I want to punch Tyra in the face), and one season a girl swore "God had a plan for her, win or lose". Funny part is she didn't seem so sure of that plan once she got kicked off. They always think, you just need to be the best Christian and you will always win and get everything your way, funny it doesn't seem that way too often, in real life or on these Reality Competitions.

If you are mean then I am mean too. I am a total religious bigot about reality TV. The instant a contestant mentions Jesus, or prays ostentatiously about the outcome of a challenge, I start cheering for them to lose. The exception to this is Mike and Mel from Amazing Race because their Jesus seemed like an okay guy.

At first I kind of liked the girls, I believe one is a decendent of Daniel Boone and the other one is the decendent of someone else kind of famous. They are part of a country band that Mr Morbid hasn't even heard of, and he only listens to country.

It seemed kind of weird when they sang in the cab an episode or two, ago. The cabbie was all like 'wtf'. Now I can't wait for them to go. I was totally laughing at the speeding ticket fiasco! The whole "I've talked my way out of tickets, before!" from one of them was irritating. Only ugly fat people get tickets, right? Were they trying to use the jedi mind trick when they kept whining "you don't have to give us a ticket"?

One of them is John Wayne's grand-daughter. I know, right?

As long as it's not Max and Katie, I don't care who wins. Max and Katie are the douche-iest. I was pissed when last week wasn't an elimination leg and they came in last. I haven't watched this weeks episode yet.

I will also admit that I hate it when these contestants, athletes, etc. go on and on about being blessed. I'm pretty sure that if there were a God, he wouldn't give two shits about your football game or making sure you win the Amazing Race.

I beg to differ, God does care about football and she is a Steelers fan. But, she could care less about Amazing race right now because Baseball season started and she is having a fight with the Wrigley's over that stupid goat! :lol:

I haven't watched Amazing Race in so long. Does anyone remember the season with the families? There was one family on that season that was very annoying and constantly talked about god. I so wanted to choke them

I beg to differ, God does care about football and she is a Steelers fan. But, she could care less about Amazing race right now because Baseball season started and she is having a fight with the Wrigley's over that stupid goat! :lol:

I haven't watched Amazing Race in so long. Does anyone remember the season with the families? There was one family on that season that was very annoying and constantly talked about god. I so wanted to choke them

Yeah, that was the Weaver family, who I mentioned above. At first I gave them the benefit of the doubt because their husband/father had recently died, but they were just so awful that after a point there is really no excuse.

I must have missed that season! Grrr!

Don't feel sad - it was easily the worst Amazing Race season, and the Weavers' antics were only one of the reasons for that...

One of them is John Wayne's grand-daughter. I know, right?

That was the other one, I couldn't remember, thanks!

Don't feel sad - it was easily the worst Amazing Race season, and the Weavers' antics were only one of the reasons for that...

That would have irritated the feces out of me, or maybe even made me want to piss against the wall in sheer frustration! Maybe I AM glad I missed it, but now I can't snark on the weavers! (sniffle)

Archived