IGNORED

Too much education spoils your chance for a miracle

salex

Yes, the more gullible you are, the more miraculous mundane occurrences will seem. I'd rather be educated and skeptical so that if God does send a miracle, I can tell it apart from the piles of quackery this world is full of.

My friend's dad also says that people who go to University are less likely to believe conspiracy theories, because at Universities they brainwash you into believing whatever lie the government wants you to believe...

But the whole point of university is to develop critical & analytical thinking. :lol:

My friends & I had a similar theory in our mid teens. We thought that the more you believed in god, the greater your chances of coming in contact with ghosts, witches & other supernatural beings. :doh:

So in other words; keep 'em thick and they will follow.

He's actually correct (for once). The more educated you are the less likely you are to be religious. This has been documented in many studies. I guess this explains why the repuglicans and the Christian right are so anti state education. If people are educated they are less likely to fall for repuglican and right wing ideals and if a good education is free and available to all then that means more educated people and fewer right wing supporters.

No, I got your point. I'm just feeling extra snarky today. Sorry. Maybe I should scale back the sarcasm. It doesn't seem to be translating well. :oops:

No problem...I seem to be having a reading comprehension problem this week. :)

Can I turn in my degrees somewhere? Do I need to throw in my high school diploma, too? I want to see some miracles and didn't realize that it was my education preventing me from seeing them. I suspect they are happening all over the place, but it's like I have Education Blinders on.

You just have to get in the right frame of mind to see any event of any benefit to you as a personal intercession in the physical world by a deity.

Did your kids wake you before the alarm this morning? Miracle

Did your oartner finish pouring the coffee just as you got out of the shower? Miracle

Fresh hot donuts light on on the way to work? Miracle

See? You just have to be open to the miraculous and it will come.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh the lulz.

Because of my university educated brain I cannot believe that xgaygreg and Dede are eleventy!!!11! months pregnant. I'm so disapointed that I miss out on the wonder of miracles :laughing-lettersrofl:

Riffles

You just have to get in the right frame of mind to see any event of any benefit to you as a personal intercession in the physical world by a deity.

Did your kids wake you before the alarm this morning? Miracle

Did your oartner finish pouring the coffee just as you got out of the shower? Miracle

Fresh hot donuts light on on the way to work? Miracle

See? You just have to be open to the miraculous and it will come.

This is what I tried (and failed) to say upthread. I bow to your eloquence.

Archived