IGNORED

Worst Movie you've ever seen?

InkyGirl

Cars. I thought that movie was just horrible. And add me to the Wall-E camp. It was a snooze.

For me, it was Finding Nemo. We rented it and I wander off in the middle for 30 minutes to take care of some other stuff. Came back and discovered I had missed NOTHING. Now, I'm fine with that episodic type structure at times -- Alice in Wonderland is like that -- but it just didn't work here.

By contrast, I loved Inception. It wasn't without flaws, but I love an action movie that requires me to pay attention, rather than just have lots of explosions.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kill Bill. Both of them. I hated them with a burning passion. I just thought the whole premise was stupid and there was too much needless violence.

I also think Paranormal Activity is one of the worst movies ever. I fell asleep. So I have no idea if there was actually anything scary or not.

Oh, and District 9. I just sat in the theater with my mouth hanging open like, "What am I watching and dear god WHY?"

I don't watch a lot of movies because there are so many bad ones out there, so it's unlikely I'll even watch a truly bad movie in the first place.

This is me, too. I have seen far fewer movies than the average person because I'm very picky about what I see in the theater (we go once or twice a year) and what I rent, and I watch almost no TV.

I don't know what the worst mainstream movie I've ever seen is. I've seen some that bored me, but nothing stands out.

The worst B-movie (actually, more like a Z-movie) I've ever seen is Hollywood High. I got through maybe the first ten minutes. Maybe it was supposed to be so-bad-it's-good, but in reality, it was just abysmally bad.

I hated Inception, too. Bored me to tears.

And all the romance dialogue from the Star Wars prequels just fucking slays me. So wooden. And, like, obviously both of those actors are capable of more - but it was just some silly shit. And you can tell when a movie relies overly on CGI - the actors can't always convincingly pretend like there's something really there.

I had more hate to spew, what was I going to say... oh yeah! I went to a bbq last weekend and started talking to this kid that was there (a seven year old) who was playing with a toy lightsaber and I asked what his favorite SW movie was, and he was like 'the Anakin trilogy or the Luke trilogy?' and I was like 'all of them' and he was like 'you know the Luke ones came first, right?'

*shakes head*

I hated Inception, too. Bored me to tears.

And all the romance dialogue from the Star Wars prequels just fucking slays me. So wooden. And, like, obviously both of those actors are capable of more - but it was just some silly shit. And you can tell when a movie relies overly on CGI - the actors can't always convincingly pretend like there's something really there.

I had more hate to spew, what was I going to say... oh yeah! I went to a bbq last weekend and started talking to this kid that was there (a seven year old) who was playing with a toy lightsaber and I asked what his favorite SW movie was, and he was like 'the Anakin trilogy or the Luke trilogy?' and I was like 'all of them' and he was like 'you know the Luke ones came first, right?'

*shakes head*

Have you watched them with Riff Trax on (from the guys who did MST3K)? it makes it soooo much better. Hilarious!

Have you watched them with Riff Trax on (from the guys who did MST3K)? it makes it soooo much better. Hilarious!

Ah, no, but I am making this a goal of this week.

Worst recent movie: C ME DANCE, by the fine fundie responsible for the "Pastor Greg" series. I'd tell you about it, but then I'd have to relive it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314645/

I actually have a huge collection of movies others consider dreadful (BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE, SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS, CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC).

Worst recent movie: C ME DANCE, by the fine fundie responsible for the "Pastor Greg" series. I'd tell you about it, but then I'd have to relive it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314645/

I actually have a huge collection of movies others consider dreadful (BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE, SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS, CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC).

Oh I love Santa Claus Conquers the Martians--with Rifftrax of course. lol

edit to get rid of an extra letter

Ah, no, but I am making this a goal of this week.

Make sure you have the correct version of SW! I tried it, and I had a LOT of issues with synching because my version didn't have the extra 5 minutes of Mos Eisley & some other extended directors cut money suck moments. I love Star Wars, but I hate George Lucas and his marketing ... and HAN SHOT FIRST

I hated the ending of I Am Legend, or the ones Americans get. Uuuuugggghhhh that was insulting.

As far as awful effects go, Mega Piranha. It. Was. So. Fucking. Terrible. And the acting is bad. But it's so bad it's actually hilarious.

The Last Airbender was appalling too.

I've been thinking about watching that since it's on Netflix Instant... I know it will be just fucking horrible and I'm a fan of the show so I'll probably super-h8 it but I'm so curious.

I kind of want to see this, because part of it was filmed in Reading, PA, where I worked for 4 years. I don't know if that's enough to convince me to pay for it, though. I'll have to wait until it comes on cable.

Gods and Generals

There was an intermission in the middle of this movie. An intermission, people. In a movie. In 2003. Which I actually took advantage of to go outside and walk around, because that was one long-ass movie. And it only covered the first half of the Civil War.

I love horror movies, but some of the worst movies I've ever seen have been horror movies. Thir13en Ghosts (2001) sucked serious ass. I also hated The Haunting of Molly Hartley. It's like the writer and the director were like, "Well, Chace Crawford is in this movie, and he's hot, so who cares about making a decent movie?" Anyway, apart from those horror movies, I hated Natural Born Killers and Malibu's Most Wanted.

I don't get the Fight Club hate as you can tell from my name (though I didn't make that nick up, I took it from a post here) . I really enjoyed that film and it's very rare for me to say that. Why did folk dislike it?

ETA: I will watch horror and action films as they keep my focus, which is nice with ADD. The horror I liked the least was August Underground's Mordum. I didn't get very far into that, not because I was disgusted, but because it doesn't precisely have a plot which is confusing and because I am hopeless at suspension of disbelief so I just kept thinking "how did they get that effect?" Normally you know you are being told a story but this tries to pretend it is real so you really have to be able to make the disconnect and I couldn't.

(Warning for those of you who can...this is an EXTREMELY unpleasant film. You may be able to handle gore but this is strong stuff indeed.)

Because a student recommended it, I endured the original Russian-language Solaris. Then, thinking it couldn't possibly be more boring, I rented the American version. I was wrong.

Should I ever need surgery, I plan to ask my doctor to play either version in the operating room so I can forgo anesthesia.

Passion of the Christ...hated it for different reasons. I wasn't bored but it was a terrible movie through and through. I also regret lining Mel's pockets!

Passion of the Christ...hated it for different reasons. I wasn't bored but it was a terrible movie through and through. I also regret lining Mel's pockets!

Fun fact: it wasn't "based strictly on the Bible," but on a novel written by an anti-Semitic 19th-century nun.

The only film I ever walked out of the theatre on was:

John Carpenter's Vampires

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampires_(film)

The only film I ever ordered on DVR but couldn't tolerate watching was The Last Airbender. I should have known better on this. You don't take a 3 year animated series and turn it into a 2 hour movie - just like you shouldn't take a 400 page book and turn it into a 2 hour movie.

Fun fact: it wasn't "based strictly on the Bible," but on a novel written by an anti-Semitic 19th-century nun.

That doesn't surprise me. I remember that at the time I was worried that there would be widespread violence toward Jews. I was glad to be wrong. I looked on Rotten Tomatoes and most of the critics panned Passion but the "viewers" gave it an 80-something percent "fresh" rating. A hundred years from now Passion might be viewed as this century's "Birth of a Nation" another hate-spewing spectacle that was seen as a masterpiece at the time. One can hope.

I know that the death of Christ was violent and I am not surprised that bipolar Mel would be preoccupied with the violent aspect. However, the message of Jesus was about peace and forgiveness.

Anyway, back to subject; judging from some of the bomb movies that have been made, some of them vanity projects for the leading men/women, I think that some of the excellent writers and thinkers around here could produce more believable scripts. That's what is so frustrating is that talent is not always rewarded.

Archived